It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I'm tired of reading post after post of insatiable bloodlust being rammed down the throats of a few of us posters who appear to be normal, rational human beings. The total lack of anything resembling care or empathy for their fellow humans, being spewed out like vomit from some posters in this thread, is so far beyond disturbing that I cannot think of a word that fully describes the depravity their minds seem to feed on.

Demonization is a weak approach.

No one is cramming anything down anyones throats. Ceasing the use of hyperbole may provide a healthier outlook from which to base the discussion on.

Out in the country you tend to find people who are not squeamish about death. Country folk kill their food. So the shock value of an animal dying just isn't there. And it could be possible that this difference in perspective fuels you disgust.

Regardless, it would seem that so long as no one breaks into the house of one of the posters you are protesting, all will be well.

How does one get like this? Is it the culture they are brought up in? The dog-eat-dog, perpetual competition with their fellow man that sucks the empathy out of them like a vacuum? I don't know the answer to this, but what I do know is that I am glad these distasteful people live far, far away from me where I do not have to endure the perpetual stench of their disgusting desires and fantasies of what they would do to their fellow man should they ever be crossed.

I am sure that country folk and city folk have had similar opinions about each other for years. the whole "dumb redneck" vs "spineless city dweller" aspect of our political sphere.

But I would say that it is unfair to accuse people with a different viewpoint of lacking empathy. You don't know them. You only know what is posted here. If a little context helps, anyway. Because the counter could be, "what about empathy for the victim that the terror of their multiple break in's created?"

My sisters house was broken into once. she hasn't slept with the lights off in the house since. Sometimes I help pay her electric bill beause of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnySasaki

*snip* You are the one that is so insecure that you feel the need to arm yourself with more weapons than you can use. (read my signature...I only need one and I know how to use it.)

You are the very thing that is a threat to the 2nd Amendment, right after the Government.

But you have all your tacti-cool gear I bet.
edit on Thu Apr 24 2014 by Jbird because: Removed personal comments

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

this is correct, and I hereby admit my prior folly in this thread.

a smart gunman shoots to kill on every shot. This is the way LEO are trained. Trick shots are for the movies. IRL you are lucky to hit a moving target, especially if you are moving too.

If you do not kill on the first shot, it is your duty to render aid. This means dial 911, clear the area of items dangerous to you or the person shot, etc. They are not an animal, and "mercy killing" a human is immoral behavior.

You should never seek to harm another. You should seek to defend yourself. Nothing more.

But you should not forget the first point: if you fire, fire intending to kill. It may be your only chance.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm country folk and I can tell you that I would not execute a burglar after I had incapacitated him. Chances are there would be no need for that, the burglar would be dead right off the git go. But I would not shoot some one who is down and out of the game and no longer a threat.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I've lived in both the city and the country, I have seen death and killed many animals - this is not what I was talking about.

What I describe is more to the point of the numerous posters in this thread who speak, with a salivating and lustful tone, of how they would take the life of anyone who intrudes into their home. When I read their posts I seriously get the sense that they almost wish someone would break in so they would have an excuse to kill someone. They appear to be latching onto Byron Smiths story as if they are trying to live vicariously through him.

That is what I speak of.

Oh and I have had my place broken into twice, I was in bed watching my iPad one of the times. After I heard noises I got up, grabbed the handle off the vacuum that was in the bedroom, went out making a lot of noise and swearing a lot only to see the ass of the intruder as he fled out my front door, with a $3 fruit bowl in his hands. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over it nor do I fear for my safety because of it. But that's just me, take that for what you will.

edit on 24/4/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Much less chance of that happening in my country mate, we have laws and licensing restrictions to prevent most nutters getting their hands on a gun.

Wrong, that just prevents law abiding citizens from owning guns. The criminals don't abide by those laws, and will get their guns whether the law says they can have them or not. What's more, now they know hardly anyone else has any guns, so I'd imagine they'd be much less worried about getting shot breaking into someone's home.

Sleep tight.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I would bet that if you had a young child and an intruder was in their room you would shoot and shoot and shoot even if they were hurt and unarmed.

If you say otherwise then your a liar.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

What tone can you pick up from typed words?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnySasaki

Sleep tight.

Always do, cheers

Your scare tactics won't work on me, sorry

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I would bet that if you had a young child and an intruder was in their room you would shoot and shoot and shoot even if they were hurt and unarmed.

If you say otherwise then your a liar.

I have never once in this thread said I would never shoot a intruder. Actually, I have said many times that I would. But I wouldn't execute them. Maybe it's better to let them bleed out and let the law take its course. The execution thing though, would really screw up my life.

I can be as cold hearted as the next guy when need be.

If Mr. Smith would have let them bleed out, while calling 911. He would be a free man. But he didn't do that.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Nice shot group. Looks like a indoor range. No wind, no precipitation, only a measly 100 yards. Yea, I can and often do better.

BTW...Thanks Gary.

edit on 24-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just because

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What point did you just prove?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

What point did you just prove?

Either read the last two pages, or go back to sleep.

Either way I have no desire to help you in any way with your query.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
WHOA !

Getting Way too hot in here.

Everyone needs to turn it down a notch.

It's a contentious topic but that doesn't excuse uncivil behavior and sniping.

Address the topic and NOT each other, please.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

But is it not the same thing If you let them bleed out after you shot them or "execute" them? You still let them die.

There is nothing cold hearted about protecting yourself and loved ones.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If you do not kill on the first shot, it is your duty to render aid. This means dial 911, clear the area of items dangerous to you or the person shot, etc.

I would have to pass on that idea.
Intruder in my house at night, I shoot and hit him in the left arm. He doesn't go down. He says he's going to kill me. He has a pistol in his right hand. I am supposed to render first aid to him because I hit him and he isn't dead?
I will feel obligated to shoot him again.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

As far as I'm concerned, he just proved that Gary shoots accurately using a .22 LR rifle.

And let's be truthful here. The AR or Mini-14 which is what Mr. Smith used, is nothing more than a .22 cal on steroids.

And to top it off, a Mini-14 is considered to be a very reliable rifle..but it jammed on Mr. Smith, which means he did not take care of it and was "forced" to pull a .22LR pistol out to do the finishing shot.

If this was a movie, it would be comedic. But it's not...
edit on 24-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join