It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And do not record it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Some people just want to see blood for any type of wrongdoing; no matter the cost. This world is full of a bunch of bloodthirsty people. Some on this very topic are clearly bloodthirsty. Even going so far as to talk about what type of guns are better suited for fast killing. Murderers in heart talk about things like that, in my honest opinion.

Of any crime to ever be committed, murder bothers me the most. In some rare cases I will take pity on the murderer, but for the most part, I have no sympathy. I know that if I was a member of THIS jury, I wouldn't budge on a guilty verdict. No amount of nonsensical babble about how "scared" the old fu# was is going to persuade anyone with any sort of compassion (even an ounce) that he was within his right, and that he should get off.

And please, stop with the lame argument about how he wasn't thinking clearly and his adrenaline was pumping, so that is part of why he should be not guilty.

Do you know how utterly stupid that sounds? By that logic, pretty much ANYONE could get away with crime. A person who robs a bank could say he was dirt poor and was about to get an eviction and so he robbed a bank out of desperation. If he was in such dire straits, he could use the same excuse. Would you take pity on him?

There have been many instances in my life (as well as others, i'm sure) where my adrenaline was pumping and I wanted to beat someones face in. Did I? No, because I have self control. Something which this guy clearly lacks.

That's not even considering the fact that he clearly was thinking clearly based on the facts of the case as well as the recording. I don't give the slightest rat turd for this waste of human life. Send him to prison.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't think this harshly in all cases where one may die during some altercation. If one is TRULY attempting to defend themselves and the culprit was killed in the process by accident or something or because it was in the heat of the moment, then I would be on the survivors side.

However, this case isn't like that. The fool thought about and carried out this crime. So yes, he should suffer for his decision to murder.
edit on XAprpmvAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Apr 2014 16:29:46 -0500292014-04-24T16:29:46-05:00k by JudgeEden because: (no reason given)

edit on XAprpmvAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Apr 2014 16:32:24 -0500322014-04-24T16:32:24-05:00k by JudgeEden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: crazyewok

4). Double tap all home invaders so there aren't any hindsight questions that can be asked.

The Mozambique is a double tap to the chest, and a single shot to the head. That is what I would do, and if you are capable enough with your firearm, that is the method I would suggest.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Just because someone is running out of your house, does not mean they are no longer a threat.

I still say make them disappear.

Disappear can be accomplished in many methods.

Here it is plain and simple. Don't want to get shot, killed, fed to sharks, put through a wood chipper or what have you??? Don't break into someone's house.

Very easy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Just because someone is running out of your house, does not mean they are no longer a threat.

Outside house = outside my jurisdiction

I'm not judge, jury and executioner.

We have this thing in the UK of right to a fair trial. I believe the US has that too if im not mistaken? Your a stickler for the constitution so the 5th and 6th apply to you does it not?

In my opinion I have the right to defend my life and property with deadly force if needed. But not pass judgment or dish out punishment.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Haha. It's called "For the good of the Service." To many whack jobs already leak through the system as it is because leaders fail to do the paperwork. MAJ. Hassan ring a bell?

And nowhere in the 2nd Amendment says that you have the right to execute at your will a downed opponent. Go back to school. You're really showing your ignorance of the US Constitution here.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Or, people like me that actually take value in the 2nd Amendment and see what is stated clearly and plainly.

You also have the 5th and 6th Amendments too.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

words insecure and coward come to mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I still say make them disappear.

Disappear can be accomplished in many methods.

Wow. Angry much? Hostile enough? Disturbed sufficiently?

Your posts are just plain scary. And don't call me "Mom". EVer. Own your own thinking....(hint, it's messed up).

If someone is coming into my house with a gun, and I personally have one on me at the time (very likely) then they're taking two to the chest and one between the eyeballs. Simple as that. And if I think for one second that I will later have my guns taken away, or even worse, be prosecuted and sent to jail for simple self defense, then I MIGHT make the call to just have them disappear like nothing ever happened.

It's one of those things you can't say for sure what you'd do before hand. You kinda have to have it happen and be in the moment to really know for sure what your options are, and what you'd do. Either way, i'm not in the wrong imo. Just basic self preservation.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Lets have a hypothetical here.

I'm walking down the street and your dog, which you love, makes threatening moves towards me. I think that he is preparing to attack. But being a CCW holder, I shoot the dog, severely wounding, but not killing it. Seeing the dog in pain, I put a bullet in it's head to put it out of it's misery.

Now accordingly, you come out of the house armed and angry. I see you have a weapon and put you down as well. Should I walk free? Of course not. But I should be put on trial.

THAT'S THE CONSTITUTION!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

A coward is some piece of scum breaking into someone's home to rob and terrorize them.

If you don't want to get shot then don't break into someone home.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

A coward is some piece of scum breaking into someone's home to rob and terrorize them.

Yes...That's granted.

But a coward is also some one who is such a bad shot that he has to execute the perps after only incapacitating them.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I have alreadly said one has the right to defend ones property.

But IF they leave it what I dont have is the right to hunt them down.

Nor do I have the right either to capture them and dish out my own punishment.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm tired of reading post after post of insatiable bloodlust being rammed down the throats of a few of us posters who appear to be normal, rational human beings. The total lack of anything resembling care or empathy for their fellow humans, being spewed out like vomit from some posters in this thread, is so far beyond disturbing that I cannot think of a word that fully describes the depravity their minds seem to feed on.

How does one get like this? Is it the culture they are brought up in? The dog-eat-dog, perpetual competition with their fellow man that sucks the empathy out of them like a vacuum? I don't know the answer to this, but what I do know is that I am glad these distasteful people live far, far away from me where I do not have to endure the perpetual stench of their disgusting desires and fantasies of what they would do to their fellow man should they ever be crossed.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I'm tired of reading post after post of insatiable bloodlust being rammed down the throats of a few of us posters who appear to be normal, rational human beings. The total lack of anything resembling care or empathy for their fellow humans, being spewed out like vomit from some posters in this thread, is so far beyond disturbing that I cannot think of a word that fully describes the depravity their minds seem to feed on.

How does one get like this? Is it the culture they are brought up in? The dog-eat-dog, perpetual competition with their fellow man that sucks the empathy out of them like a vacuum? I don't know the answer to this, but what I do know is that I am glad these distasteful people live far, far away from me where I do not have to endure the perpetual stench of their disgusting desires and fantasies of what they would do to their fellow man should they ever be crossed.

I'll tell you what, if someone ever breaks into your home with a gun, and you get shot *snip* remember this thread as you're bleeding out on the floor.

Also, who's to say we don't live right next door to you?
edit on 24-4-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Apr 24 2014 by Jbird because: Removed personal comment

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnySasaki

Much less chance of that happening in my country mate, we have laws and licensing restrictions to prevent most nutters getting their hands on a gun.

What happens in America is like a thousandfold magnification of how it occurs in the rest of the world. I don't fear that every person I meet may have a gun.

But keep fantasising about how you would take the lives of intruders, you are only helping to prove my point entirely.

edit on 24/4/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow, what a thread!

There are so many facts about the case not being mentioned, and many posts ask for specific information. Like the fact that guns were reported stolen from his home during previous break-ins was mentioned only once.

I would believe that if you had weapons stolen from your home during previous break-ins, and the break ins happened frequently, that of course you would be in a psychologically vulnerable state of fear and anger.

What is strange is some of the other details, some of which could make it appear as if he was setting a trap. Particularly a state trooper making an official statement that his truck was left at a circuitous distance from his house (outside of the troopers house apparently).

Some facts according to this local news article that make this case not so cut and dry (based on recorded interview with deputy investigator):

1. Smith thought it was his neighbors daughter, who he believed broke in multiple times in the past:

Audio recordings of initial law enforcement interviews with Byron Smith revealed Smith thought he had shot his neighbor’s daughter the day Nick Brady and Haile Kifer were killed in his rural Little Falls home.

Smith told deputy investigator Jeremy Luberts that he thought a female neighbor, identified as Ashley Williams, had started breaking into his home 12-15 years ago.

2. He was fearful, walking around at home armed. He believed that they may have been armed:

Smith told Luberts after multiple break-ins he had gotten into the habit of carrying his gun inside the house. “I don’t know who is going to break in, when.”

Smith said he had been victimized over and over again and had recently had guns stolen from his home. He said he figured anyone willing to steal guns might be willing to use them.

Smith said he did not see the hands of either Kifer or Brady and was not sure if either was armed. “My thinking was, I’m not going ask if there’s a gun,” he said. “She could have or might not have had a gun. I didn’t check.”

3. He says he felt under duress:

I just wanted to calm down more than anything else,” he said. “I’m getting seriously stressed. There is somebody trying to get in and trying to sneak in and this has happened before.”

4. It seems as if he could be a) angry b) over emotional - forcing him to make continuous bad decisions after initial shots:

He said after the first shot he fired at Brady, the teen fell down the stairs and his shoes fell off. Brady laid on the floor face up staring at Smith. “He’s looking up at me ... I shoot him in the face. I want him dead,” Smith said.

Smith described retrieving a tarp in order to keep blood from soaking into the carpet. He dragged Brady into his workroom. “I just wanted it out of my sight,” Smith told Luberts.

5. He has some unresolved childhood issues:

Smith mentioned being “ganged up on” in elementary school.

“Everybody has a red button — everybody has a sore spot,” he told Luberts. “That’s a sore spot for me.

Smith described remembering those feelings and feeling that those entering his home were ganging up on him. “I wasn’t thinking I was just (inaudible) ... they’re ganging up on me. So I killed her, too.”

6. He doesn't like it when you laugh at him:

Smith said after he shot Kifer, whom he assumed to be Ashley Williams, she fell down the stairs. When he went to shoot again, his mini 14 rifle jammed, at which point Smith said Kifer laughed at him. “I pulled out the .22 and I shot her and shot her,” he said.

Later in the recording, Smith said, “It wasn’t a very long laugh. She was already hurting. You shoot at somebody and they laugh at you, you go again.”

7. He thought his neighbors were crazy, and that there was more of them in/coming to the house:

Smith said after he moved Kifer to the workroom, he waited in his basement thinking Ashley William’s father, Scott Williams, might come over looking for her.

Smith described Williams as “semi-psychotic” and thought he might be an accomplice to the break-ins. “Bill (Anderson, a neighbor) and I really thought that their parents were in on it,” he said. “For all I knew the whole family was in on it.”

As far as the law is concerned, once he could have retreated safely but instead continued to shoot them, he made himself a criminal (happens figuratively all the time during arguments with the wife
)

As far as a jury is concerned, this can be presented in so many ways as to make him totally justified, or absolutely guilty of breaking the law. Ultimately, this is America. It will come down to who is the better; the prosecutor or defense lawyer. Unfortunately so many cases end that way, regardless of the law.

link to source here:
SOURCE

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join