It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Before the recording stops, moments later, there’s one last gunshot. This is what Smith termed a “good, clean finishing shot” as Kifer appears to still be barely alive.

"BUT HE HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING THEY WEREN'T STILL A THREAT!"

It seems to me that the people defending Smith have already made up their minds, and despite the facts that we are aware of and his own defense attorney stating that they are clearly on the wrong side of the law, will not be swayed away from their idea that Smith is some kind of hero.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
a reply to: thesaneone

Go back and re-read the last two pages of this thread.

I haven't responded to anything you didn't direct toward me.

Fast moving thread, I understand it can get a bit confusing.

Page 20, tenth post down.

As you can see that was not directed to you.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You're against the death penalty but you're totally ok with a guy murdering two people that lay dying in his basement?

I'm against the death penalty because it's not necessary. And I'm totally okay with someone defending themselves against violent crime in their own home and using lethal force to do so if required. People have a right to defend themselves. I'm also understanding of the fact that people can reach a psychological breaking point from being victimized and that they will take extreme measures to protect themselves ... measures that rational 'non abused' people don't understand.

Nothing confusing about it.

If you can not handle your emotions to a point where killing a critically wounded and dying person is not an option for you, you should not be free.

I too understand some people cannot handle their emotions. I also understand that these people should be behind bars.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I too understand some people cannot handle their emotions. I also understand that these people should be behind bars.

The victims of violent crimes should be behind bars?
You'd put them there before they hit back at their abusers?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The victims of violent crimes should be behind bars?
You'd put them there before they hit back at their abusers?

Smith was never the victim of a violent crime.

He also only reported one robbery, ever. And that is according the the local police.

And again, he was more than within his rights to shoot. Once the threat was neutralized he acted out some depraved fantasy. That's why he's a murderer.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

When asked why he kept firing after Brady and Kifer were disabled, Smith said, "Even if I kill someone, I don't want them to suffer." He further compared the killings to hunting deer.

Read more: BYRON SMITH TRIAL: Chilling audio of Little Falls shootings - KMSP-TV www.myfoxtwincities.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The lesson for all you fine ATSers here: double tap when firing on a home invasion.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
How far our country has fallen! This man is probably going to jail for doing exactly what he should have. Why make sure they were dead? Hmmm.... Maybe because he was 65 years old with two teens in their prime were breaking into his home. Now I'm no doctor, but come on, two teens are probably in much better health/condition than their intended prey. I'm just glad the teens weren't black. There would be mass hysteria with POTUS leading the pack.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

>this guy was quite clearly stable enough to drag them off his carpet
>this guy was quite clearly stable enough to set up a tarp.

the glorification of people like this, people who think that protecting themselves means acting as judge jury and executioner is one of the dumbest things ever.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Sorry, but again, he was IN HIS HOME. This is conditioning for the common person to feel sorry for those who are in the wrong. They could have been drugged up, which, according to what was found, they were. There are 100's of cases each week with kids under 18 doing home invasions, rape, robbery, murder...look it up.

I feel sorry for the loss for the parents but it is not like they did not know this little punk was a delinquent. I compare it to the case of Trayvon. Do NOT do what you are not supposed to do and you live another day. If these kids were black it would also be worse...make race an issue.

If he shot them on his lawn before they came in, 2nd degree...this was self defense.

edit on 04pm30pmf0000002014-04-23T17:50:12-05:000512 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skymoonwalker
This man is probably going to jail for doing exactly what he should have.

No, this man will hopefully be going to jail for breaking the law by going far beyond the realm of self defence by executing these teens after he had admittedly completely incapacitated them.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Somethings just not sitting right with me on this one.

Obviously if two crooks were attempting a forced entry into my home I will do something about it. In that regard, Smith was in the right. That's my opinion.

Now, if he had tarps ready to place the bodies on, had time to speak to the intruders and then go on to deliver a kill shot to an incapacitated target, well I think that is clearly murder.

Although, if the thieves had not taken the initiative to break into the mans home in the first place... maybe cases like thus will serve as future reference for aspiring crooks, some people might just have a mind to kill your ass should you come smashing through windows and whatnot.

It is pretty sad though. A lit of lives affected by this event. Wonder how it'll turn out.

Kallisti

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Say the cops plan a drug deal sting and instead of arresting the criminal they simply ambush him and shoot him on first sight when he walls in to the sting?

Your analogy would be great if he had invited them over for dinner and then shot them as they were seated waiting for some pot roast and mashed taters. Back to reality, they broke in to his home repeatedly. They broke in to other people's homes repeatedly. At some point, someone was going to get hurt and frankly I'd much rather see the lawbreakers on the receiving end of the hurt locker.

I guess everytime I go out in public I should do so with my hands clasped behind my back as I am armed with youthn

No you only need to that when you break in to occupied dwellings. This point you're trying to make again has no merit. These criminals weren't shot in a movie theater, a playground, an IHOP or a convenience store. They were inside another person's dwelling uninvited.

This would NEVER go to trial in Minnesota unless the prosecution and judge knew damn well the old guy was guilty of murder and he is.

Well that sounds fair and balanced. I thought the point of a trial was to determine guilt? So according to your statement only guilty people go to trial. Kinda makes the jury seem irrelevant

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If he shot them on his lawn before they came in, 2nd degree...this was self defense.

Again, for those who can't read properly. He went far beyond self defence and admitted to executing them after he had incapacitated them, which is against the self defence laws of Minnesota. He is being rightfully tried for murder and he deserves to be in prison.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Death is always tragic. This whole thing is just a messed up situation... I think what makes this sick is that he told the girl she was going to die, and told her she was a 5 letter word. Without that, this probably would not be as big of a deal.

He was a man living in a constant state of fear. It doesn't matter that you have a gun, fear and adrenaline can still be just as strong when you know that people have been and will continue to break into your home.

I hate that this happened to those kids, but the fact is that if you willingly break into someones house with the intent to steal or to harm, then you have forfeited your life.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: macman
breaking in and stealing is the issue here no matter what country you might be in
a mans home is his castle
you want to shoot the home owner when its you the perp breaking in
and shoot the perp when its your house

lol
10 fifteen minutes when you know its kids and that they are unarmed and the cops are coming and you have the evidence recorded
how tough is that?
moronically ZERO tough

what, the thought of shooting an unarmed wounded girl in the face turn you on or something?
edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago43 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Please don't bother to comment when it is obvious that you haven't read the article or any of the follow up links. It does you a disservice.

Since when is delivering a Coup de Grace shot to the head considered a legal action?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: matafuchs

Again, for those who can't read properly. He went far beyond self defence and admitted to executing them after he had incapacitated them, which is against the self defence laws of Minnesota. He is being rightfully tried for murder and he deserves to be in prison.

If you're a soldier it's even against the Geneva Convention.

This SOB is sick, what's worse are the gun nuts on this forum that condone execution style murder.
sick..

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: Kryties
Why is it that some posters are clearly ignoring the execution after they were already down and gasping for air part?

I am not ignoring it. I have no problem with it.

Don't want to die, don't break into a house. Very simple to understand cause and affect.

Personally, I don't think I would call the cops. I would just make them disappear. And I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Im all for home defence and as stated im pro the old man in this thread.

But hold on a minute you cant support sumary execution if the threat was neutrilised.

I thought you were a stickler for the US constitution? Delibrately executing without trial by jury breaks at least the 5th amendment does it not?

Now of course if you kill them in fear of life or property fair game, but do it with legal motives.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

This SOB is sick, what's worse are the gun nuts on this forum that condone execution style murder.
sick..

Please back off on the "Gun Nuts" verbiage. Many of us here calling out Mr. Smith are responsible gun owners. And we are using the facts as they are known.

But with all groups, there are bad apples.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join