It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I remember this story, discussed on ATS.

The asshle, that killed 17 yr old girl "execution style" chin thru head.

The girl was wounded on the floor bleeding. No self defence there.

Of course the art where he didn't call the cops for 2 days or something.

Edit: Byron Smith Nov 2012.
edit on 4/23/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: 1MrMarc
I would feel better with manslaughter charges over 1st degree murder if anything.

There shouldnt be any charges.

The poor sod was likely scared crapless and full of adrenaline and wasn't thinking.

I know if it was me I would have likely shot and shot and shot some more to make sure they wouldn't get up and hurt me.

Unless you shot someone running away in the back or deliberately torture them to death I don't think home defense should go beyond a investigation to see what happened.

The burglars were down. The threat had been stopped. No need to kill them, and once they recover they go straight to jail. The law might be different there. But here in AZ you can injure an intruder and not face any civil charges or be sued by the intruder.
edit on 4/23/1414 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DPrice
wish we were allowed to kill burglars in the UK.

We are now.

Law was changed. The CPS have much more lenient guidelines.

You still get arrested but only while they do a investigation. If it checks out your released without charge.
edit on 23-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

From the story, it looks like he took multiple shoots in a spaced manner. That he wounded them first and then finished them off. That would be murder, premeditated if he had a tarp prepared for the event. It sounds almost like a ambush. That's illegal.

I have no problem with him shooting them as the story did say that the kids were getting increasingly violent with their crime spree. But if he took the time to cuss them out and then shoot again, he'll more than likely go to prison.

I want to hear the recording. Then I can make a more informed opinion.

And of course this is a CBS story, the same MSM that broke the Fast & Furious story and then quashed it. That outlet has a very clear anti-gun agenda and is very biased in it's reporting.

link   
Fair enough he shot them-but Im not so sure he acted in a reasonable manner when he finished off the girl-That sounds like an execution to me-she was already down having been shot...Was she still a threat?

link   

originally posted by: 1MrMarc

The burglars were down. The threat had been stopped. No need to kill them, and once they recover they go straight to jail.

But what if they got up again and tried to attack me before the police turned up?

Remember your thinking in fear here not with a level head.
edit on 23-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: knowledgedesired
This guy did not just shoot intruders he murdered them...

They died. It was their own fault. They came on his property; they intended to do harm; and the break ins were getting more and more violent.

They were unarmed and he know who they were...it's not like he stumbled on two adult males 6 foot tall and 200 pounds and his life was in danger...

- It doesn't matter that he knew who they were. They were repeat offender thieves.
- The teens were armed with the strength of youth ... the man is old and retired. They easily could have harmed him and they easily could have had concealed weapons. They were repeat criminals .. not good people.

He stalked them like animals and waited for them ready to kill them. He could have simply called the police but he had a desire to get his own revenge.

- The police obviously couldnt' stop the home invasions. The thieves kept coming back.
- He got ready for the next invasion. Smart move.
- He wanted revenge? If true then that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. If the thieves hadn't kept coming back, he couldn't have gotten' revenge'. But they kept going back, so he was able to nail 'em.

I have no problem with his actions.

link   

As long as the guy gets a half-way competent attorney and insists on a jury trial vs. a bench trial, he's going to walk.

I can't imagine a jury in MN finding this guy guilty. Regardless of what the law says.

That's why God invented jury nullification...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
What if she wasnt incapacitated? I would have done the same thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

It's the first I"m hearing of it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If someone enters your home you should be able to use deadly force to END the situation. Period. This was not someone breaking into a car, or even a shed, as I feel in those situations you can stay in your locked home, arm yourself and call police. Do not ENTER a hostile situation.

If someone is in your home you shoot to kill. Whether or not it happened 2 times or 5 times before, in that moment he feared for his life. So he shot them. What if they rolled over, had a weapon and fired? In these situations you do not know that and yes, I would have made sure that the last thing they heard was ' you got what you deserved'.

When criminals, especially kids, are killed, they are always paraded in the MSM with the nice pictures and the accolades of being so great and how could this happen and etc,etc.

My heart goes out to the parents. I cannot imagine their pain but if this was such a small town everyone knew who was doing this and there was only one outcome.

After their deaths, authorities said a car linked to Brady and Kifer contained prescription drugs that had been stolen from another house, apparently the day before they were killed.
Court documents from another case show Brady had burglarized Smith's property at least twice in the months before he was killed.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z2zinsSk2G
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm sure we lost a couple of good ones there.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Don't want to get shot and die??? Don't break into someone's house.

This trial is BS.

Glad I don't live in a state that allows this crap to go to trial.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Cops can execute you in the streets with their fists..... when you are guilty of nothing.... and get away with it.

Why not a 65 year old man.... in his own house, when those killed are burglars?

ETA: Let's hope that the jury has more sense than the DA.
edit on bu302014-04-23T10:04:16-05:0010America/ChicagoWed, 23 Apr 2014 10:04:16 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: luciddream

It's the first I"m hearing of it.

Well, the original story back in Nov 2012.

Byron Smith Nov 2012.

There are few thread.
edit on 4/23/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgedesired
I think you may want to do a little more research on this...

This guy did not just shoot intruders he murdered them...

He even admitted to putting a final shot in the head of one of the teens to make sure they were dead. I totally agree with shooting an intruder but this guy wanted to kill them and was not just simply protecting himself. They were unarmed and he know who they were...it's not like he stumbled on two adult males 6 foot tall and 200 pounds and his life was in danger...He stalked them like animals and waited for them ready to kill them. He could have simply called the police but he had a desire to get his own revenge.

Bingo...I am all for the guy defending his home which he did. But what he did after defending his home because of anger is he murdered. I don't care the age or background you can't murder plain and simple and that is what this guy did if the story is accurate.

I can't truly understand what the man was going thru but I have two young kids and if someone broke into my house I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
S&F and another S
Over the years, I've read news stories about teens who committed murder during home burglaries gone awry. Anyone who is bold enough to break and enter a residence ought to know that it could end poorly--possibly with the loss of life, theirs or the homeowner's.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm glad they're dead. Two parasites taken out by natural selection. I'm sorry to see the homeowner in trouble. He shouldn't have used cams.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

He should have shot her in the heart she didn't have.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Today I am discusted with my fellow ATS members. This is murder your imbociles. Plain and simple first degree murder. Say the cops plan a drug deal sting and instead of arresting the criminal they simply ambush him and shoot him on first sight when he walls in to the sting? Youall would be screaming murderous pig cops.

Yet when some sick old #in man does it wooohoooo MURICA. The criminals were 'armed with their youth' LMFAO did I really just read that on ATS?? I guess everytime I go out in public I should do so with my hands clasped behind my back as I am armed with youthn Want to see a movie? I am sorry sir you cannot enter the theatre today as you see you are armed with youth. LMAO this olsd man was armed with a GUN. These kids were not. And where are the details about how the break ins were 'increasingly violent'???

You realize that was a quote from.the defense attorney right?

This would NEVER go to trial in Minnesota unless the prosecution and judge knew damn well the old guy was guilty of murder and he is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join