It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofSpades
As one poster said, "Break into a home, you do so at your own risk".

The man did the community a favor actually; 2 less criminals on the loose.

I wonder how this is going to play out in the media; wait, I already know.

Racist white mand MURDERS 2 black young and innocent teens in cold blood......

SMH

You remind me of a certain banned ATS member.

I believe race is not the issue here.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

originally posted by: stumason
he wanted them dead:

I bet you'd make burglars cups of tea wouldn't you mate?

I was going to say that the old man was shooting bullets at them. If he was interested in their health, he would have send vitamin pills through a peashooter at them.
Of course he wanted them dead.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: stumason

Don't want to be shot, don't break into a house.

Let's just be clear - for those of a certain mental disposition as I have said this - Self defence is fine and I have no issue with someone protecting their property.

I have a problem, however, with the summary execution of the burglars. Soldiers have been put in prison for doing this, in a war zone, because it is a war crime. Civilians have been put in prison for this, like the store owner in the US who executed a robber after he came back into the store from chasing his accomplices.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

However, there is no actual evidence of them actually being "more violent".

We will see what it is at the trial.

you're just parroting what you've heard and there isn't actually any proof at all there was violence.

When we are discussing what is in the news ... that's all we ever do ... repeat the information given in the news.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

he wanted them dead:

I bet you'd make burglars cups of tea wouldn't you mate?

I'm not quite sure why people have such problem with reading. I'm sorry for your below average intelligence, but I believe I have made it abundantly clear what I have a problem with and it isn't defending yourself.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
I think first we need to try to ban biased threats that hide some points. Most poster reading what OP manipulated and assuming its a simple robbery and that's it, not reading into the execution and moving evidence.

No point mate, the nutters who think this man was right in executing the burglars after they were already incapacitated will just twist our words, completely ignore the facts and try to demonise those of us who are simply trying to inject logic and fact into this.

The amount of bloodlust in this thread is astonishing, even more so from a few posters whom I used to think better of until this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

He keeps trying to twist my words and demonise me too mate, some people are just a lost cause.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Of course he wanted them dead.

Any sane person would want to no longer be the victim of crime after crime after crime. He went to the police time and time again. The crimes didn't stop. Him wanting the criminals dead so they would not victimize him anymore is NOT psychotic in any way. It basic evolutionary survival.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
that's all we ever do ... repeat the information given in the news.

Except, of course, when you are actively and deliberately ignoring some of the facts because they don't fit your beliefs.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I think you missing the fact there is some blood thirsty beings in this thread, that are into execution and hiding evidence, no wonder they are afraid of the government.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
self edited ... trying very hard not to get sucked in ....
edit on 4/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Yeah like i said, there is some disgusting group of poster hiding among the average gun owners. This is probably a thread to figure out the difference between a gun owner and a blood hungry nut.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I sympathize with the guy.
I trust that I would have shot them through the head to begin with, but if they were still moving, I may have repeatedly shot them.
I know one thing for sure, anyone breaking into my house won't be getting .22 bullets coming their way. It would be a 12 gauge.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Except, of course, when you are actively and deliberately ignoring some of the facts because they don't fit your beliefs.

Like you are doing ... yes ... that does happen.

LOL, that takes the cake seriously. Way to go trying to turn it back on me when it is in fact you, and certain other posters, who are ignoring the body moving and the execution shots after they were incapacitated.

Nice try, you failed dismally.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The real issue before the courts is what would a reasonable man do?

If he was in a life threatening situation, he had the right to shoot the burglars.

If he had one down and then killed him/her when his life was not being threatened ... he will be convicted of a lesser charge then murder.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Like you are doing ... yes ... that does happen.

How is he doing that, exactly, Flyers?

C'mon, you're better than this. It is quite clear the bloke went above and beyond what is expected in self-defence.

Either way, despite being a victim of crime myself, I've never wanted "anyone dead". I've defended myself from being attacked by several people at once, but stopped short of caving someone's skull in against a wall once it was clear I had won.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
IMHO, it was a man defending his private space. Was it also murder? How about manslaughter? But what is really wrong here? It seems as if the homeowner is really being vilified for TMI and for telling the truth. He gave an honest account about what went down (as opposed to a My Lady-I'm-So-Scared-of Burglars-Pistorius-ish statement), and if he'd been dishonest, perhaps this case wouldn't have hit the MSM's radar. (Just an opinion.)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Let's just be clear - for those of a certain mental disposition as I have said this - Self defence is fine and I have no issue with someone protecting their property.

It is self defense. It is yet to be shown, that any home owner can read the mind of a person UNLAWFULLY breaking into a house and knowing what their intent is.

If you don't want to be shot, I strongly suggest you don't break into homes.

I have a problem, however, with the summary execution of the burglars.

I don't.
There is no reason that you or anyone else should enter my home without my permission.
Again, don't want to get shot, don't break into someone else's home.

Soldiers have been put in prison for doing this, in a war zone, because it is a war crime.

And that is not my concern nor the topic of this thread.

Civilians have been put in prison for this, like the store owner in the US who executed a robber after he came back into the store from chasing his accomplices.

I have no clue as to what you are referencing.
Even someone running out of my home, I would still shoot them. I have no idea is they are leaving to grab a firearm, a buddy or two or anything else.

edit on 23-4-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
you, and certain other posters, who are ignoring the body moving and the execution shots after they were incapacitated.

Oh brother. No dude ... I've repeatedly stated that he shouldn't have moved the body and I acknowledged that he shot the two thieves after they were incapacitated.

A reminder to those who seem incapable of staying on topic ... Other posters aren't the topic. And making uneducated snide remarks about their mental well being is not only wrong, but it's against the T&C of the site.

Here ... try to stay on topic -

CBS News - 'You're Dead' - Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

Byron Smith, 65, of Little Falls, is charged with first-degree premeditated murder in the slayings of 17-year-old Nick Brady and 18-year-old Haile Kifer on Thanksgiving Day 2012. The shooting stunned the small city and stirred debate about how far people can go in defending their homes.

Smith told police that he armed himself and set up recording devices following repeated break-ins. Morrison County jurors heard glass break on the recording, then two gunshots as Brady groaned. Smith told Brady, "You're dead," the Star Tribune reported.

Smith is a retired security engineer for the U.S. Department of State. Kifer and Brady were cousins. The two were well-known in the community, and both were involved in sports.

edit on 4/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This case is unique in the fact that the homeowner videotaped what he did.

If you pardon the pun, he shot himself in the foot.

Normally, of course, this kind of evidence wouldn't be available.

The jury would have to take the homeowner at his word...and I'm guessing he wouldn't be going into any unnecessary gory details.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join