It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey, I wonder....

If members here that support the old guy have psychological problems for supporting the old guy's actions...

He shouldn't have any problem getting a psychiatric defense together, eh?
edit on b000000302014-04-23T14:33:01-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 23 Apr 2014 14:33:01 -0500200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Lol this just sets a crazy precedent

Let's say Bob is inside someone's home, then they end up arguing over something and the other person blows Bob's brains out...he can just say Bob was an intruder?

Obviously Bob was inside the other man's home so he as a right to kill him now?

The old guy is guilty of at least second degree murder.

Nope. Nice try using an old talking point from the Brady Camp.

One is different then the other.

One has signs of forced entry, one does not.

Very cute, but not successful.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If members here support the guy have psychological problems for supporting the old guy's actions...

- They don't.

- Anyone who says that doesn't understand that the old man was the one suffering something psychological because he had been repeatedly victimized and the cops couldn't stop it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Obviously. Even when you are wrong and have been told so by a person educated in the field. That's brilliant. Really. /sarcasm

Told so by someone who CLAIMS to be educated in the field yet has shown no proof of it - and judging by your responses I'm inclined to disbelieve that you are.

Victimized old man protects himself ... he must be psychotic.

NO NO NO. How many friggin times have I got to say that he had a right to defend himself but he didn't have the right to take self defense too far and turn it into an execution? Why are you continually ignoring this? Is it to try to demonise me by ignoring what I have plainly stated many times in this thread?

Poor form.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
This. So true. It's impossible to know what someone will do when they invade your personal space. It's too bad that the habitual criminals are no longer breathing, but IMHO, this issue strikes at the heart of all that we hold dear. If a criminal can break into your home and they leave in a body bag, and you are vilified, possibly facing prison, well, that says that something is deadly wrong with the system, not with the citizen who is defending his property, perhaps his life.
edit on 23-4-2014 by drwill because: brevity

edit on 23-4-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes, I know.

I have always viewed a man's home as his castle. It seems as though we are not supposed to think that way anymore.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: stumason

I was a kid once. Nope, didn't break into people's houses. Not even when I was really really bored.

Aren't you an angel then

Just saying, teenagers do stupid crap, especially young males who simply cannot process cause and effect until their brains mature at the age of around 21.

AND .... 18 isn't a kid. And he broke in numerous times.
And the break ins were getting more and more violent.
And in this last break in, he brought an accomplice to help him steal.

That's not 'kids just being kids'.
That' a criminal adult victimizing an old man.

Just humour me - not disputing what you said, at the moment anyway
- but can you elaborate on how the break ins where getting "more violent". Had the chapo actually been attacked before?

Either way, once you've incapacitated an intruder, that's the end of self-defence. Finishing them off while they're on the ground, bleeding out, is murder.
edit on 23/4/14 by stumason because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's people who think like you do that are responsible for the UK becoming a hellhole.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Told so by someone who CLAIMS to be educated in the field yet has shown no proof of it - and judging by your responses I'm inclined to disbelieve that you are.

- I am degreed in Psychology.

- You are dead wrong in your using of those terms.

- Judging by my responses .. you SHOULD believe that I"m degreed. The information I've given is 100% in line with basic Psychology. Obviously you haven't got a clue about basic human psychology ... otherwise you'd 'judge my responses' and know that I"m dead on accurate.

- If you understood anything about basic psychology (which obviously you do not) .... the old man was the repeated victim of violent crime against him in his own home. The police did nothing to stop the crimes. THAT is where the psychology for the incident comes in play ... and his is an understandable reaction to the situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As one poster said, "Break into a home, you do so at your own risk".

The man did the community a favor actually; 2 less criminals on the loose.

I wonder how this is going to play out in the media; wait, I already know.

Racist white mand MURDERS 2 black young and innocent teens in cold blood......

SMH

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
2. It's the mileage

I"m 52 and chronically ill. I consider myself old. Others who are 52 are healthy and out waterskiing and skydiving. Old is relative. Compared to a healthy 18 year old man who was involved in sports ... the 65 year old man was old.

You may be a 52 yr something clinical psychiatrist for all I care...BUT.....you seem to lack sound moral judgement....tell me more....and how did you feel about that?
Phsychiatry is just another con game abused by those who seek power over others....usually perpetrated upon the defenseless....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
can you elaborate on how the break ins where getting "more violent".

It was reported by the press that the crimes were becoming more and more violent. I dont' know if he was physically attacked .. or if the thieves were smashing up the house and vandalizing .... I don't know. The reports were that the crimes were getting more and more violent, and that the police couldn't stop them.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just reading what he said the Police afterwards shows the chaps mentality - he wanted them dead:

The horrifying audiotape came after jurors listened to an interview from the day after the shootings in which Smith matter-of-factly described what happened in chilling detail, telling authorities he finished Kifer off with a shot under her chin because a .22-caliber 'doesn't go through bone very well.'

Smith told authorities he saw Brady begin descending the basement steps, then fired once Brady's hips came into view. Brady fell.
'He's looking, facing up at me, and I shoot him in the face. I want him dead,'

Smith described feeling adrenaline, and 'blood was pounding in my ears.' He said he also felt he was being ganged up on, something he called one of his 'red buttons.' So when he saw Kifer come down the stairs minutes later, 'I killed her too.'
He shot her, and when he tried to 'finish her off' his rifle jammed and she laughed, he said.
'I just pulled out the 22 and I shot her,' he told authorities. He said he then pulled her into the workshop, but she was still gasping, so 'I did a good, clean finishing shot and she gave out the death twitch.'

Self defence is one thing, this ain't it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Don't want to be shot, don't break into a house.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Indeed - I have read several media reports and they all say the same thing - that is what is being reported as being said by his defence team. However, there is no actual evidence of them actually being "more violent". So, in essence, you're just parroting what you've heard and there isn't actually any proof at all there was violence.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Seems that the two punks lack moral judgement also and had to learn the hard way either way the streets are safer.

link   
I think first we need to try to ban biased threats that hide some points. Most poster reading what OP manipulated and assuming its a simple robbery and that's it, not reading into the execution and moving evidence.

link   
a reply to: QueenofSpades

Black?

Have you even bothered to read the OP?

link   

originally posted by: stumason
he wanted them dead:

I bet you'd make burglars cups of tea wouldn't you mate?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
.you seem to lack sound moral judgement

Says the anon guy on the internet who knows nothing about me.

and how did you feel about that?

I think nothing of it .. you are irrelevant.

Phsychiatry is just another con game abused by those who seek power over others....usually perpetrated upon the defenseless....

You spelled psychiatry wrong.
Don't worry, maybe it'll be on your spelling test in school next year.

Wanna get on topic? A retired old man, who has been the victim of repeated violent home break ins and thefts, shoots two intruders dead. Self defense and justified ... or murder?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join