It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Are you kidding? The victim sick of being victimized is the similarity.

Try reading the articles again.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: searching411

Harsh view of the world...

"Scumbags"? Kids being kids, sometimes they do some stupid crap but can you sit there and honestly tell me you never trespassed or buggered around somewhere you shouldn't have been as a bored teenager?

I've broken into empty homes for one reason or another, usually to find a place to get my end away, or been mucking around in disused industrial premises.

I can understand the owners right to self-defence, but this went well above that with the summary executions. Here in the UK, a Royal Marine Sgt has been sent to prison for doing the exact same thing to a Taliban fighter.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

There's no point trying to tell these people mate, they will just completely ignore the facts because they don't fit their delusion.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't think that calling people delusional is necessary, in fact it weakens your argument.

We are discussing an incident not each other, right?

link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Are you kidding? The victim sick of being victimized is the similarity.

Try reading the articles again.

I did, three times - and nowhere does the farmer in the article take the time to move the bodies or execute a dying girl by a point blank gunshot to the bottom of the chin.

No matter how much you want there to be, there is no similarity in the cases whatsoever.

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

There's no point trying to tell these people mate, they will just completely ignore the facts because they don't fit their delusion.

4/10 you had me going for a while.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I was a kid once. Nope, didn't break into people's houses. Not even when I was really really bored.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Tell that to the posters calling me a troll, or dense, just for simply trying to inject some logic and fact into this argument.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

because they don't fit their delusion.

You are probably up to 10 times now - trying to use psychological terms that simply do not fit. "Psychotic". "Need psychiatric help". "Delusion". Dude ... you are beyond wrong. The over use of psychological terms - MISUSE of the terms - is bizarre.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I will call someone delusional if I so wish, particularly when that person is deliberately ignoring the facts to fit their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well, I see the similarity with the big picture, detail will always vary.

Martin had been burgled so many times that he had set up an elaborate network of look-out ladders and traps, even removing a stair to hinder intruders.
Link

He was afraid for his life, that apparently doesn't matter.

The jurors heard the dramatic audio recordings Tuesday involving the homeowner who said he feared for his life after several previous break-ins.
OP Article
edit on 23-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spacing

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I was a kid once. Nope, didn't break into people's houses. Not even when I was really really bored.

AND .... 18 isn't a kid. And he broke in numerous times.
And the break ins were getting more and more violent.
And in this last break in, he brought an accomplice to help him steal.

That's not 'kids just being kids'.
That' a criminal adult victimizing an old man.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Regardless of morality, shooting an intruder is illegal, save for a few states (Texas is one of them, unsurprisingly).

The basic idea behind the law is that the state of your personal belongings does not transcend assault laws. In fact, if you were to try to detain an intruder, he could actually press charges against you. To take it a step further, you wouldn't even have to touch the intruder; if he simply tripped on your carpet you could be in for a law suit.

The caveat comes with self-defense laws. If the intruder assaults you in a way that you feel threatened, you instantly have the right to use force in self-defense. The extent of which, of course, is subjective. The man in this story clearly used force far beyond that of self-defense.

If the story is accurate, this guy doesn't have a chance in court.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Martin had been burgled so many times that he had set up an elaborate network of look-out ladders and traps, even removing a stair to hinder intruders.
Link

The jurors heard the dramatic audio recordings Tuesday involving the homeowner who said he feared for his life after several previous break-ins.
OP Article

Please quote exactly where the farmer used a tarp to move the bodies and shoot one of them execution-style to the bottom of the chin at point blank range after they were already shot, on the ground bleeding and dying.

Oh yeah, thats right you can't because that didn't happen in the farmers case and THEREIN LIES THE DIFFERENCE.

Why is this so difficult to understand? Or is it that you are ignoring the difference because it doesn't suit your argument?
edit on 23/4/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Tell that to the posters calling me a troll, or dense, just for simply trying to inject some logic and fact into this argument.

I don't believe that you are a troll.
I just wouldn't get that worked up over two losers that were old enough to know better than to burgle a house, and they were too stupid to wait until he wasn't at home.

link   
a reply to: lemmin

Castle law.
2nd.

link   

I will call someone delusional if I so wish,

Obviously. Even when you are wrong and have been told so by a person educated in the field. That's brilliant. Really. /sarcasm

particularly when that person is deliberately ignoring the facts to fit their beliefs.

.... like you are doing now when you continue to misuse medical terminology to fit your agenda.

Victimized old man protects himself ... he must be psychotic.
Criminals who do the victimizing ... awwwww poor kids.

Yeah ... brilliant.

link   

Link

OP Article

Please quote exactly where the farmer used a tarp to move the bodies and shoot one of them execution-style to the bottom of the chin at point blank range after they were already shot, on the ground bleeding and dying.

Oh yeah, thats right you can't because that didn't happen in the farmers case and THEREIN LIES THE DIFFERENCE.

Actual autism.
edit on 23-4-2014 by DPrice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

a reply to: macman

In which case you should and would rightfully be tried for premeditated murder, as this owner is.

God I'm glad I don't live in America, surrounded by psychopaths with no regard for the law - and i'm not just talking about the thieves here.

Clearly you don't understand the law, in regards to premeditated.

And we too are happy you don't live here.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DPrice

Just read the wiki entry on Tony Martin.

He's been living at a secret address since his release...because Fearon's supporters have put a bounty on Martin's head.

Crime doesn't pay in Britain.

Unless you're a member of the travelling community...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join