It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

At 17 I was aware I shouldn't be breaking in to peoples homes. This situation is a perfect example of the risk criminals take when they run around victimizing people.

If she didn't put herself in that situation, she would still be around.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Not necessarily pro-gun, but definitely pro-right-to-be-left-in-peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Almost every poster in this thread is pro-gun. But some of us act responsibly, while I can see that some should never own a firearm.

Amen to that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Case in the UK from a few years back news.bbc.co.uk...

Most people agreed he should never have been jailed at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

At 17 I was aware I shouldn't be breaking in to peoples homes. This situation is a perfect example of the risk criminals take when they run around victimizing people.

If she didn't put herself in that situation, she would still be around.

Agreed, she did know the risk, I'm just bummed that he walked up and blew her brains out, it feels evil to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Feels like justice to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I can definitely see your point of view, it is a sad situation and a young lady lost her life. It's tragic all the way around.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
OK, the senior citizen sat in wait for another break in and people are saying is is premeditated? My house was broken into and robbed. It was many months before I could sleep soundly again. Perhaps he was just scared and realized he was an easy target; sat in his house at night, jumping at all the strange noises that come from expecting an attack.

I mean - he did not send out invitations to the thieves, expecting a RSVP. Very possibly, the "kill shots" were the result of finally feeling the end of the stress.

The bad guys did not deserve to live, they were preying on what they considered an easy victim. He had the God given right to protect and keep what is his. Hopefully, this will allow my parents to rest easier at night, due to two fewer thugs running amok.

I am tired of people taking up for the scum.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice
Case in the UK from a few years back news.bbc.co.uk...

Most people agreed he should never have been jailed at all.

From your link...

Martin, who was in the house at the time, opened fire with an illegally-held pump-action shotgun.

Barras was shot in the back and died at the scene, while Fearon was shot in the leg and recovered after treatment in hospital.

How is this case even remotely similar to the one we are discussing? Nowhere in your article does it say the farmer moved the first body on a tarp to save his carpet nor does it say the farmer proceeded to execute the thieves after they were already shot and dying on the ground.

Your example is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DPrice

The parole board, however, has continually refused him early release - saying he has shown no remorse and would continue to pose a danger to any other burglars.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay then. Must protect the burglars apparently.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Feels like justice to me.

Cool bro

I respect your opinion, everyone has the right to defend their home at all costs, can't argue with that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: searching411

The premeditated part also includes using a tarp to move the body and executing them while they were already shot and dying on the ground and no more threat to him.

Funny how you and many other posters in this thread either ignore these facts or think that it was OK to do these things.

link   
a reply to: Kryties

Not similar, huh? None of this sounds familiar to you? Come on! Different situations but similar circumstances regarding victims who are sick of being victimized!

Martin had been burgled so many times that he had set up an elaborate network of look-out ladders and traps, even removing a stair to hinder intruders.
Link
edit on 23-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: reply

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

How is this case even remotely similar to the one we are discussing? Nowhere in your article does it say the farmer moved the first body on a tarp to save his carpet nor does it say the farmer proceeded to execute the thieves after they were already shot and dying on the ground.

Your example is ridiculous.

Are you really this dense? Or just a poor troll?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
But what if they got up again and tried to attack me before the police turned up?

Remember your thinking in fear here not with a level head.

Ewok, usually you and me jive with our thinking, but this guy went above and beyond "self-defence":

Almost immediately after Brady is shot, rustling of a tarp can be heard, then a dragging sound and heavy breathing. Smith has said he had moved Brady to a workshop in his basement to keep him from staining the basement carpet.

The audio continued with the sound of a gun reloading, then more deep breaths. In a quiet, low voice several minutes later, a female mumbles "Nick." Gunshots are heard again, as well as the sound of Kifer falling. Smith quickly said "Oh, sorry about that." Then Kifer said "Oh my God!" and screams.

Amid more shots, Smith told Kifer, "you're dying," and then calls her a derogatory name for a woman. After more heavy breathing and another dragging sound, Smith calls Kifer the name again. After more movement, the crack of a gun is heard.

He executed them. They were down and no threat and even if they tried to "get up and do more harm", he could then shoot them, not execute them as they lay on the floor with shots to the head.

Overkill, that's what it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Not similar, huh?

Martin had been burgled so many times that he had set up an elaborate network of look-out ladders and traps, even removing a stair to hinder intruders.
Link

Does it say he moved the bodies on a tarp to save his carpet, or that he placed a gun under their chin while they were dying on the ground to "finish them off"?

No, it doesn't. Therefore IT IS NOT similar.

edit on 23/4/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: searching411

You really need to read the article again, and the posts that follow. Hardly anybody has a issue about Mr. Smith's intial shots.

It's the execution style aftermath that is what many have a issue with.

And for those who don't have an issue with it. Seek your nearest mental health doctor. Because you are warped in the head and really should be barred from having any type of firearm.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bellor
As much as I understand some people like to believe you have a right to kill to protect your property. Personaly I would rather invest in better security first rather than resort to murdering two people.

Thats just me though.

All security can be bypassed.

You think a few locked doors or alarm makes you truly safe?

You think a alarm going off with stop a bullet (or if in your in the UK a stab wound) ?

Why I don't blame any American for owning a hand gun for home defense or if like me in the UK a crossbow and katana

You had me at cross bow and Katana!!!!!!!

I like the way you think. Both as useful for home defense as a gun, both lethal with minimal effort on the users part.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Are you really this dense? Or just a poor troll?

Huh? How am I dense, or a troll, by pointing out the facts of this case we are discussing that don't appear in the link you are attempting to say is a similar case?

Or is it that it is YOU whom are the troll by ignoring most of what I say and just cherrypicking?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Not similar, huh?

Link

Does it say he moved the bodies on a tarp to save his carpet, or that he placed a gun under their chin while they were dying on the ground to "finish them off"?

No, it doesn't. Therefore IT IS NOT similar.

Yeah you're right, unless something is exactly the same set of events it is in no way similar.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join