It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Professor On Tape: Republicans are "Racists, Misogynist, Money-grubbing people"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
so, you have an issue with "liberal arts" being too liberal?

People on this site never cease to amaze...

The Liberal Arts have nothing to do with liberality the political movement and instead deal with what was considered a solid educational experience for a liber or freeman.

These subjects have of course been modified over the years but the naming derivative remains the same.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i just finished watching the video....

Speaking of 1855:

In 1855, the Democratic Party prepared to fight Republicans in order to uphold slavery.

After the Republican Party eliminated slavery and gave blacks the Right to Vote, the Democratic Party funded a terrorist wing called the KKK to intimidate these newly voting blacks into voting Democrat.

Once the Republican party banned the KKK, the Democratic Party instituted Jim Crow Laws.

I could go on, but just wanted the professor to reiterate on the Democratic Party's love of minorities in the past 200 years....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You know why things will never change? Because the age of reason was left behind with our spines.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It played a large part of it... The massive shifting in funds into social programs has helped a lot as well. "Free phones" "free healthcare". The first black President.

To assume race had nothing to do with his elections is in fact lying to yourself.

There's somebody lying to himself alright.

It's as though you took all of the least accurate, most bigoted one liners from some clown like Rush Limbaugh and cobbled them together to form one of the least insightful politically related posts I've seen on ATS recently.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofSpades

Speaking of 1855:

In 1855, the Democratic Party prepared to fight Republicans in order to uphold slavery.

After the Republican Party eliminated slavery and gave blacks the Right to Vote, the Democratic Party funded a terrorist wing called the KKK to intimidate these newly voting blacks into voting Democrat.

Once the Republican party banned the KKK, the Democratic Party instituted Jim Crow Laws.

I could go on, but just wanted the professor to reiterate on the Democratic Party's love of minorities in the past 200 years....

History is a good way to remind us all of Reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: rickynews
Does this Type of Ranting by a Professor have any place in our nation's Universities and College classrooms?

Absolutely yes! Students should be exposed to the truth.

Liberal bias and brainwashing indoctrination is anything but the truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I don't blame you. Spending your money on senseless rants by professors in the classroom is a waste to be sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

By all means, take the time to read my post and understand it. Specifically the point where the poster I responded to made the assertion about all republicans.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Speaking of 1855:

Here's the deal. In 1896 the upstart People's Party fused with the Democratic Party and the Democrats replaced the much more conservative Grover Cleveland as their nominee with the much more progressive William Jennings Bryan. Although he didn't win the elections, his ideas were highly influential within the party and when the Democrats had a congressional majority during the Wilson presidency (1913-1921), they passed legislation based on Bryan's platform.

It was during this time that the Republicans became increasingly more conservative. By the time FDR was elected (1932), the Democrats and the Republicans had entirely switched places with the Democrats becoming the progressive party and the Republicans the conservative one.

Would you agree in light of this that your comments seem a bit off?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow, who would have thought that Fox News would spin it this way, using half a quote and taking things out a bit out of context. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Funny because corporations tend to donate to moderates and leftists because they need government to cheap. Leftists are blind as a bat. I'm still waiting for a far right group to get major funding from the corporations comparable to the big government goons.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

If they donate to the actual political process, corporations tend to donate about evenly because they can't afford to side too openly with one side or the other. You never know who might come out on top. Privately via lobbying, certain pols are known to be patrons of certain industries. I think during his time in the Senate, Kerry was known to be in the telecoms' pockets pretty deeply, for example, but that was through private lobbying, not public donation.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If they donate to the actual political process, corporations tend to donate about evenly because they can't afford to side too openly with one side or the other.

You're certainly correct on that. There are exceptions of course. MSNBC has pretty much declared for their side and I really doubt Blackwater gave much to the Dem side during their life under that name. Always exceptions.

Outside of those tho? I've found sites like opensecrets.org to be very educational. Take a look at these two pages, for instance:

Rep. John Boehner
Rep. Nancy Pelosi

Those are both for the 2012 election cycle. Not a whole lot of difference between them, eh? Different order...same players.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

It is so sad many buy into the progressive mindset. I wonder how many of the students will actually find jobs and leave home. That is the saddest part about it. So many people buying into failure.

The progressive mindset leads to weakness of the mind and a need for constant support. This is why so many young adults can not pull it together. DO NOT let it into your home.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Speaking of 1855:

Here's the deal. In 1896 the upstart People's Party fused with the Democratic Party and the Democrats replaced the much more conservative Grover Cleveland as their nominee with the much more progressive William Jennings Bryan. Although he didn't win the elections, his ideas were highly influential within the party and when the Democrats had a congressional majority during the Wilson presidency (1913-1921), they passed legislation based on Bryan's platform.

It was during this time that the Republicans became increasingly more conservative. By the time FDR was elected (1932), the Democrats and the Republicans had entirely switched places with the Democrats becoming the progressive party and the Republicans the conservative one.

Would you agree in light of this that your comments seem a bit off?

Uhhh...NO.

The parties never did a switch-a-roo, as Democrats always try to assert.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Does this Type of Ranting by a Professor have any place in our nation's Universities and College classrooms?

no they don't. should be separation of politics and state. lol!!

in the libs world, yes. they belong.

libs will save the world!

get everyone to think the same. good luck.

hey muse, doesn't take a genius to know when the left lies out their but.

why do you people think kids are idiots?

women and others races too?

money grubbing? romney was only worth 250 mil. gates and soros and buffet are worth what, 100bil?

kerry? 1 bil at least. gd hypocrites.

what's it like to be had by the balls, libs?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Absolutely not.

What I think about on things like this isn't the Prof's right to free speech. It's the conservatives in the classroom who are subjected to hearing how they are these things...from a man in authority and with control over their academic futures.

No instructor should be permitted to make a student feel rejected for personal beliefs they hold. It's just wrong, indeed.

How do you suppose those of Liberal ideology would respond if..., say a Conservative Professor were to suggest to his students that "Liberal Democrats should be defeated in the 2014 Mid-term elections because they are Communists, Welfare Dependents, and Baby-murdering people" ? A much different story I presume...

OMFG! hush your mouth!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Absolutely not.

What I think about on things like this isn't the Prof's right to free speech. It's the conservatives in the classroom who are subjected to hearing how they are these things...from a man in authority and with control over their academic futures.

No instructor should be permitted to make a student feel rejected for personal beliefs they hold. It's just wrong, indeed.

How do you suppose those of Liberal ideology would respond if..., say a Conservative Professor were to suggest to his students that "Liberal Democrats should be defeated in the 2014 Mid-term elections because they are Communists, Welfare Dependents, and Baby-murdering people" ? A much different story I presume...

OMFG! hush your mouth!!

Yes, that would be the most common reaction.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I do not care for his blanket opinions at all, but I do wonder was he asked for his opinion?

I get that college is meant for learning but I think that college students for the most part are able to think for themselves. Seems to me that in the end his rant would have the opposite effect anyways.

edit on 24-4-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: QueenofSpades

There's one of those bw***h's at the local university. She almost breathes fire and chews up conservatives when they wish her a nice day. I never ceased to be amazed at her instantaneous capacity to turn a neutral to kind and pleasant greating or comment into something unrecognizably hideous, evil, prickly and stabby.

She uses every excuse and no excuse to blather on, spew, rant her ignorant fire breathing nonsense virtually every class. Students think she's a joke unless they are already soooo far down the cavernous hole toward being the Morlach's dinner that they no longer have a brain left to think for themselves.

OF COURSE . . . drum roll . . . she "teaches" sociology . . . that is . . . the few minutes of class when she's NOT ranting and spewing liberal idiocies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join