It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Professor On Tape: Republicans are "Racists, Misogynist, Money-grubbing people"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
Funny to me how all that BS you just said happened under a Democrat controlled government. Liberals are all was ranting that conservatives are going to steal your freedoms,spy on you, raise taxes, etc... but in actuality it's the democrats that do that stuff! It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

where do you live???...in fairyland?.....NOTHING, NOTHING, gets done, or laws passed, without the house of representatives voting on it...to say this is a democratic controlled government is simply a lie

For the first part of the administration we had a democrat house, senate, and presidency, yet all of those things were done under them and nothing of the opposite was done, so it is indeed the truth.

I stand by my words....you said "this is a democrat controlled government"....it hasn't been since 2010.....are you living in the year 2010 right now?

And they DIDN'T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT THEN and THEY DID DO EVERYTHING YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT THEN. How hard is that to understand? You had the house, the senate, and the presidency and you had filibuster proof majorities yet they still did all of those things you say you hate and blame republicans for. Thus, I call bull# on the Repubs being the root of all evil and the Dems being the root of all good.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: jimmyx

Just to clarify here..... That means when next we have a Republican President and Republican senate...but a Democrat House and mixed Super Court, we can honestly say it is not a Republican dominated or controlled Government?

yes...what part of "controlled government" is not clear?....dominated? yes.....controlled? no.....let's not forget the right-leaning supreme court have overturned 50+ years of voting rights, allowed unlimited and unidentifiable money to be spent in elections, and here are 4 rulings that further enhance the wealthy and corporate....www.alternet.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Just because you agree with his politics and his stereotyping of Republicans doesn't make it 'totally true'.

The ONLY time he mentioned Republicans is to say that they could take over the Senate this year. That is TRUE.

And of course the college is all right with it - colleges are notoriously left leaning. Except for the religious schools like Liberty U ...

So, colleges are left-leaning, except for the right-leaning ones?

HEY BH .... would you be fine with a right wing prof (if you could find one) ranting to his captive audience students all that about Democrats???

1. This is neither a rant, nor are the students forced to be there. And (until proven otherwise) this professor was not necessarily talking about republicans in his "racist, money-grubbing" statements.

2. IF a conservative professor shared his opinion as this professor did, and IF it showed up on ATS (which is doubtful) I would have looked further into it (as I did in this case) and given my opinion, based on the college's ground rules and the ACTUAL statements made by him/her. But I can say that, everything else being equal, yes, I would have no problem with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Funny to me how all that BS you just said happened under a Democrat controlled government. Liberals are all was ranting that conservatives are going to steal your freedoms,spy on you, raise taxes, etc... but in actuality it's the democrats that do that stuff! It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

where do you live???...in fairyland?.....NOTHING, NOTHING, gets done, or laws passed, without the house of representatives voting on it...to say this is a democratic controlled government is simply a lie

For the first part of the administration we had a democrat house, senate, and presidency, yet all of those things were done under them and nothing of the opposite was done, so it is indeed the truth.

I stand by my words....you said "this is a democrat controlled government"....it hasn't been since 2010.....are you living in the year 2010 right now?

And they DIDN'T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT THEN and THEY DID DO EVERYTHING YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT THEN. How hard is that to understand? You had the house, the senate, and the presidency and you had filibuster proof majorities yet they still did all of those things you say you hate and blame republicans for. Thus, I call bull# on the Repubs being the root of all evil and the Dems being the root of all good.

ok....what have the republicans done to help the poor or middle class?....tell me about all that great legislation?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The Professor apoligized, so even he himself knows and acknowledges crossing the line. How many other College Professors rant and get away with it? Probably many, and usually of liberal ideology.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

He apologized because it became public and upset a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The ONLY time he mentioned Republicans is to say that they could take over the Senate this year. That is TRUE.

Oh come on .... he admitted he was talking about Republicans ... thus the 'apology'. You know darn well he was talking about republicans all through his rant.

So, colleges are left-leaning, except for the right-leaning ones?

I said they are left leaning ... except for the religious ones like Liberty U.

yes, I would have no problem with it.

You'd have no problem with a right wing prof standing in front of the classroom and ranting about how Obama is a communist and all democrats are racist welfare suckers .... yeah, okay .....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
what funny to me is that people still think there is a difference.

It isnt about political party anymore. Its a class system. the rich rule politics, and that description fits them well.

Alas, people are STILL too ignorant to realize that they are arguing over which side of a turd smells better.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

ok....what have the republicans done to help the poor or middle class?....tell me about all that great legislation?

The trouble is, you definition of "helping" the poor and middle class is getting a handout. What has the Democrats done to help the poor and middle class apart from creating a cycle of dependence and poverty that has been expanding since LBJ?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
Does this Type of Ranting by a Professor have any place in our nation's Universities and College classrooms?

Perhaps this kind of speech deserves to be in a free speech zone? College is the perfect place for critical thinking, although republicans disagree. How much critical thinking goes on at the RNC or sunday school?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It's called Academic Freedom.

Academic freedom is the belief that the freedom of inquiry by faculty members is essential to the mission of the academy as well as the principles of academia, and that scholars should have freedom to teach or communicate ideas or facts (including those that are inconvenient to external political groups or to authorities) without being targeted for repression, job loss, or imprisonment.

I would think conservatives would support it, actually.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You want an "A" ? Then you must please me by towing the line for Liberal ideology and show me that you are a good brainwashed student subject.

You write a conservative position paper that supports conservative positions? Then you can be assured of receiving an "F".

There is no evidence of this, just your slippery slope provocation. A University is where children go to learn to think. Controversial ideas cause most people to think. Which is why your statement "The University classroom is no place for these types of highly partisan, ideological driven Rants. " is absolutely wrong.

If you can come back with evidence supporting bias in grading I'll listen otherwise, you have been watching fox news and are starting to buy into their bull.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Actually, the Republicans of that era were what we would call Democrats today. So no, what we know as "Republicans" today did not free the slaves.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I always find it amusing that the names the liberal left use towards republicans are in fact used by liberal leftists more often.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Actually, the Republicans of that era were what we would call Democrats today. So no, what we know as "Republicans" today did not free the slaves.

Nice try....

Republicans helped free the slaves.. Democrats wanted the opposite.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Next they will rule you don't own your privacy and corporations can run for public office directly.

That really caught my eye - corporations running for public office. Entirely plausible and possible - corporations are persons and there's nothing at all in the Constitution or Bill of Rights stipulating that persons running for office must be human. I can just see GM and Merck duking it out for the Presidency. Imagine the ad campaigns!

...Imagine working on those campaigns or at least, a futuristic movie that tells the inside story. Somebody's gotta do it.

S&

edit on 23/4/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Nice try....

The Republicans of the Civil War era had a modern day Democrat platform.

So, sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power.

Live Science

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Nice try....

me

while I see where you are coming from, I don't agree with it. After seeing the Democrats attempt to make the same argument several times over the last few years, and fail miserably at it, the reverse is no more true now than the people try to claim it was back then.

Besides, according to Joe Biden, Republicans want to see black people back in chains.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wondering why this Professor's Creative Writing Class speech had been so heavily edited I went looking for the source.

It seems the "tape" was given to 'Campus Reform.org'. No full audio or transcript on their website.

But who are 'Campus Reform.org' ?

Campus Reform, a project of the Leadership Institute, is America's leading site for college news.

CampusReform.org

And who exactly is the 'Leadership Institute'?

Founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell, LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications. The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media.

Leadership Institute

So a student gets upset by something they heard in class, runs to a Right Wing ran website who then runs to a Right Wing television station!

There seems to be a lot of Partisanship going on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join