It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Professor On Tape: Republicans are "Racists, Misogynist, Money-grubbing people"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

originally posted by: rickynews
Does this Type of Ranting by a Professor have any place in our nation's Universities and College classrooms?

Absolutely not.

What I think about on things like this isn't the Prof's right to free speech. It's the conservatives in the classroom who are subjected to hearing how they are these things...from a man in authority and with control over their academic futures.

No instructor should be permitted to make a student feel rejected for personal beliefs they hold. It's just wrong, indeed.

How do you suppose those of Liberal ideology would respond if..., say a Conservative Professor were to suggest to his students that "Liberal Democrats should be defeated in the 2014 Mid-term elections because they are Communists, Welfare Dependents, and Baby-murdering people" ? A much different story I presume...
edit on 23-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I'm still hung up on that myself. Calling voter ID racist is calling a requirement to have a photo ID racist... So, by that token, every federal building requiring an ID to enter is racist. It's terribly racist to have the TSA or Greyhound demand a photo ID before exercising our right to free travel (there might even be a point in some times past for that one..lol) or the ultimate cruelty in a heartless society......one must have a photo ID to cash the check coming from the Government not allowed to photo ID people voting in who controls said Government.

It's amazing how the basics, when considered anywhere else in daily life, become the subject of calls of racism and hate when politics comes to be involved on any level, in any form. Like...photo ID to vote. Wild ways of looking at things in our nation, to be sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I can tell you as a very hard line conservative in many ways, I'd turn the Republican prof in on ethics concerns as quick as a democrat using the captive audience to vent their rant. The area I'm in is as politically red as a Washington Apple...but we still have democrats and good people that don't deserve to be made to feel like they aren't quite equal members of the community or class because of it. I definitely think it does and HAS to cross both ways in that setting. No question.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
The issue is he is preaching to a captive audience. Truth or not doesn't matter, it is no different than bringing preached at religiously during a class.

One thing I don't get is how the Voter ID laws get bet as racist.....we have to produce ID for any legal doc., assistance app., to cash a check (at most banks), to get on a plane, train, and to drive a vehicle.....but not to cast a vote? That seems silly to me....

Cashing checks, and calling for assistance are not rights.

Voting is

thats off topic thought

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Caleb Bonham on Fox News: "...used a captive audience to advance a political ideology."

has no business using a captive audience for their hateful political ranting.

take advantage of a captive audience. Power tripping.

It's amazing and disturbing how quickly people assimilate and begin repeating new propaganda.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

You're right... The ability to identify people casting a vote for leadership of our free nation is off topic.

It's about an educator in a position of authority making students who don't politically agree, feel uncomfortable. No matter what was said in precise wording to cause that end result or which ideological side the result falls on, the end result is flat wrong, IMO.

That is definitely the topic.

* BTW .. 'Captive Audience' is a very well established legal principle and down the hall from this class, very likely, the principle of "Captive Audience" is being taught n a political science setting. It's not some rhetoric. It's a foundation principle some of our law is based on.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I'm glad this idiot got called on it. He deserved it. A republican or democrat, equally, has no business using a captive audience for their hateful political ranting.

Rule of thumb where I work: Don't discuss religion or politics ... unless that's your job.

Why do we always hear about tenured/unionized 'educators' totally disregarding common sense?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Even if this professor was directly attacking republicanism or conservatism in general, so what? I myself have a severely biased college professor who passionately promotes a liberal political agenda while scoffing at conservative ideology. I leave every class period with a little anger, but...

Despite the two-step-flow of communication, she should be allowed to express these views as an academic authority figure. Everybody loses when college professors cannot express their political views to students no matter how far-fetched they may be. Can you imagine our outrage if a conservative professor was being stonewalled for expressing his views?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

lol... Believe it or not? It's the same rule for college faculty, for the most part. It was part of my training for joining faculty as a tutor/scribe. If it's a class dealing with it, use judgement and be thoughtful. If it's not? Say nothing that isn't class related to avoid discomfort of students.

They do cover everything these days on that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No one is forcing students to go to that college. No one is forcing those students to take his class. Therefore no ones forcing any beliefs on the student body. The students want to hear what he has to say that is what they are paying for.

If university ever becomes 100% funded by the state it will be at that point you might have a legitimate gripe about what is being taught, but if it still remains as an elective you still may be $h!t out of luck.

t seems to me the right only believe in personal freedom when it is something they agree with. I tell you what if you really want to have this conversation about things being taught that may not be true if your intent is to have something done about it which may bring it to an end we should have the discussion by putting all the examples of this on the table. So how do you propose we get churches to stop spreading misinformation about imaginary creatures and pigeon holing groups of people they find sinful?

Nah on second thought lets not have the conversation I prefer to stay true to the constitution even if it protects groups and speech I dislike I do not support fascism.

Anyway the professor can have any opinion he likes and your claim the students grades are based on following his political leanings has zero merit. Sorry that kind of assertion may work on Fox and its viewers but then again they won a court case allowing them to lie yet people still watch them. If you ever find any evidence of that assertion feel free to post it otherwise I will just say your full of #.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
Funny to me how all that BS you just said happened under a Democrat controlled government. Liberals are all was ranting that conservatives are going to steal your freedoms,spy on you, raise taxes, etc... but in actuality it's the democrats that do that stuff! It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

where do you live???...in fairyland?.....NOTHING, NOTHING, gets done, or laws passed, without the house of representatives voting on it...to say this is a democratic controlled government is simply a lie

For the first part of the administration we had a democrat house, senate, and presidency, yet all of those things were done under them and nothing of the opposite was done, so it is indeed the truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Bush is responsible for the current conservative majority in the SCOTUS. That's the point. The Conservative Supreme court has done the things I said. When RBG retires soon there will be another appointment. A republican POTUS will be selected to carry the ideological flag of the neo-con fascists.

You seem passionate about something and that's great --your logic needs more work though.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: abe froman

Bush is responsible for the current conservative majority in the SCOTUS. That's the point. The Conservative Supreme court has done the things I said. When RBG retires soon there will be another appointment. A republican POTUS will be selected to carry the ideological flag of the neo-con fascists.

You seem passionate about something and that's great --your logic needs more work though.

Current SCOTUS makeup is "neo-con fascists?" LOL. What fascism has the SCOTUS done and how did your leftist/Marxist judges vote? (See I can play the silly name game too.)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
The issue is he is preaching to a captive audience. Truth or not doesn't matter, it is no different than bringing preached at religiously during a class.

One thing I don't get is how the Voter ID laws get bet as racist.....we have to produce ID for any legal doc., assistance app., to cash a check (at most banks), to get on a plane, train, and to drive a vehicle.....but not to cast a vote? That seems silly to me....

Cashing checks, and calling for assistance are not rights.

Voting is

thats off topic thought

So is owning a firearm. I guess you would agree then that we should not need an ID to exercise our second amendment rights as well, yes?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I'm still hung up on that myself. Calling voter ID racist is calling a requirement to have a photo ID racist... So, by that token, every federal building requiring an ID to enter is racist. It's terribly racist to have the TSA or Greyhound demand a photo ID before exercising our right to free travel (there might even be a point in some times past for that one..lol) or the ultimate cruelty in a heartless society......one must have a photo ID to cash the check coming from the Government not allowed to photo ID people voting in who controls said Government.

It's amazing how the basics, when considered anywhere else in daily life, become the subject of calls of racism and hate when politics comes to be involved on any level, in any form. Like...photo ID to vote. Wild ways of looking at things in our nation, to be sure.

Well, to the left everything they do not like is "racist." It is an old and overused canard--overused to the point that the accusation really holds no true meaning any more except to the real racists--the "progressives."

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
Funny to me how all that BS you just said happened under a Democrat controlled government. Liberals are all was ranting that conservatives are going to steal your freedoms,spy on you, raise taxes, etc... but in actuality it's the democrats that do that stuff! It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

where do you live???...in fairyland?.....NOTHING, NOTHING, gets done, or laws passed, without the house of representatives voting on it...to say this is a democratic controlled government is simply a lie

For the first part of the administration we had a democrat house, senate, and presidency, yet all of those things were done under them and nothing of the opposite was done, so it is indeed the truth.

I stand by my words....you said "this is a democrat controlled government"....it hasn't been since 2010.....are you living in the year 2010 right now?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Just to clarify here..... That means when next we have a Republican President and Republican senate...but a Democrat House and mixed Super Court, we can honestly say it is not a Republican dominated or controlled Government?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
oh and as far as racism is concerned....the supreme court just declared there is no more of that, affirmative action is no longer needed.....go tell all your black friends that racism is over, they will be happy to here it.
edit on 23-4-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
but the truth is, most of it is totally true and the college seems to be all right with it. .

Just because you agree with his politics and his stereotyping of Republicans doesn't make it 'totally true'. And of course the college is all right with it - colleges are notoriously left leaning. Except for the religious schools like Liberty U ...

originally posted by: rickynews
How do you suppose those of Liberal ideology would respond if..., say a Conservative Professor were to suggest to his students that "Liberal Democrats should be defeated in the 2014 Mid-term elections because they are Communists, Welfare Dependents, and Baby-murdering people"

Ask BH .. she's fine with what the prof said because it's 'totally true'. HEY BH .... would you be fine with a right wing prof (if you could find one) ranting to his captive audience students all that about Democrats???

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Caleb Bonham on Fox News: "...used a captive audience to advance a political ideology."

has no business using a captive audience for their hateful political ranting.

take advantage of a captive audience. Power tripping.

It's amazing and disturbing how quickly people assimilate and begin repeating new propaganda.

Oh brother. Dude .... I didn't 'assimilate and being repeating new propaganda'. Those aren't exactly new words that were used ya' know. Teachers in front of a class room ... a captive audience .... basic psychology words used in psychology text books. It's amazing and disturbing that you don't know that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join