College Professor On Tape: Republicans are "Racists, Misogynist, Money-grubbing people"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Most college students attend a University where they can get a valued education and pursue their fields of interest. What they all are too often subjected to is an attempt to indoctrinate their thoughts, and a relentless political agenda which involves demonizing certain conservative ideology in favor of a liberal ideology.

Here we have, yet again, another left-wing liberal hack College Professor that teaches a college level "Creative Writing Class" , who has crossed the line with a Whacked-out Rant as it relates to the upcoming 2014 mid-term elections, in an obvious attempt to influence his students to vote a certain way (which he supports), while in no uncertain terms unjustly attacks Republicans.

One can't help but wonder about the implications when this College Professor (and others like him) assigns the students to "write a paper"...

You want an "A" ? Then you must please me by towing the line for Liberal ideology and show me that you are a good brainwashed student subject.

You write a conservative position paper that supports conservative positions? Then you can be assured of receiving an "F".

The University classroom is no place for these types of highly partisan, ideological driven Rants.

Here is the Video Clip and Story link: video.foxnews.com...=show-clips
edit on 23-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

The quote is... (and notice, it starts in the middle of the sentence. We have no idea from this clip what was said before that... It does NOT say "Republicans are..." )

"...racist, misogynistic, money-grubbing people have so much power over the rest of us. And want things to go back, not to 1955, but to 1855. There are a lot of people out there that do not want black people to vote, do not want Latinos to vote, do not want old people to vote or young people to vote. Because generally, people like you are liberal."

Everything in the above statement is true. The filthy rich DO have a lot of power over us. There ARE many people who don't want certain demographics to vote. Look at all the voting limitation bills and laws. And generally, college kids are liberal. What is your problem with that statement?

"...It's absolutely possible that Republicans will take over the Senate as well as the House. And we will live in a very, very, very different kind of a country if that happens."

Again, it's absolutely true. There IS a good chance Republicans will take over the Senate and the House and the country will change... I mean, isn't that the idea? To take over the governing so they can have things more their way and change things???

"I mean colleges will start closing up if they, if these people have their way."

This is clearly the professor's opinion and there may or may not be truth to it. But it's hardly the "rant" that FOX and you present it to be.

The professor has apologized.
edit on 4/23/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

More moderate republicans of the past have set up a SCOTUS that have declared corporation personhood, corporate free speech, Corporate religious rights, unlimited individual (e.g. corporations) campaign contributions.

Now we have a group of scared WASP's trying desperately to hold on to their authoritarian control structure. We've got the corporations desperately trying to expand. The perfect storm.

Some people, after calculating their own self interest, will join the fascists. It's inevitable.

So go ahead, put more GOP fascists into office. Next they will rule you don't own your privacy and corporations can run for public office directly. Hunger games is happening right in front of your face. In terms of the tacky clothing, you've got Sarah Palin as a kick-off.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
Funny to me how all that BS you just said happened under a Democrat controlled government. Liberals are all was ranting that conservatives are going to steal your freedoms,spy on you, raise taxes, etc... but in actuality it's the democrats that do that stuff! It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I hear a college professor offering his opinion in the midst of a discussion which in of itself isn't unethical. Furthermore, he's not in a position of molding impressionable children, these are adults.

You want an "A" ? Then you must please me by towing the line for Liberal ideology and show me that you are a good brainwashed student subject.

You write a conservative position paper that supports conservative positions? Then you can be assured of receiving an "F".

Everyone has opinions and there's nothing to suggest that this professor would penalize his students for writing papers that don't support his personal political views. I do see that if you're a college professor and you express anti-GOP opinions, there's a chance that one of your students will promptly call up the Young Republican's snitch line to report you to the GOP thought police resulting in a public shaming by cult member, Greta Van Scientologist, on the GOP News Network.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The professor is just calling a spade a spade!

kudos to him

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

Which one was it? Rand Paul or Ted Cruz?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

Which one was it? Rand Paul or Ted Cruz?

Abe Lincoln would be one of those far left loonies that Ted Cruz and Rand Paul love to rant about...one of those damn leftists that are ruining this great country under god!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'll type my professor of the year nomination letter.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm glad this idiot got called on it. He deserved it. A republican or democrat, equally, has no business using a captive audience for their hateful political ranting.

I could as easily say some EXTREMELY unkind things about the left leaning side of the party and I'd be 100% accurate if I choose a little carefully. If I said all that in the commons area between buildings on campus? Well, free speech and all... Go pout somewhere is what I'd tell anyone who didn't like it.

Said inside a classroom, during class? Someone needs counseling, both personal and professional. They don't get it very well and it's just not working that way. Of course, some folks will view this in the prism of their OWN political view point and see it's no so bad in that light.......... I'm looking at politics, period, and it needs limits. This is well across it, in my view.

Also.. College isn't just adults. FAR from it. I'm in a few classes this semester with 16yr olds that are on campus for AP credit and specific courses for other reasons. The bus loads of high school kids aren't coming for 'future plans' as much as immediate recruiting. That's changed a bit from years past and something to keep in mind. It's a new dynamic in college for the numbers represented in it.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Funny to me how all that BS you just said happened under a Democrat controlled government. Liberals are all was ranting that conservatives are going to steal your freedoms,spy on you, raise taxes, etc... but in actuality it's the democrats that do that stuff! It was a Republican that freed the slaves.

where do you live???...in fairyland?.....NOTHING, NOTHING, gets done, or laws passed, without the house of representatives voting on it...to say this is a democratic controlled government is simply a lie

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The prof is obviously a far left idiot who tried to take advantage of a captive audience. Power tripping. Kudos to the kid who confronted him and exposed him. Oh ... and the prof did indeed admit it was Republicans he was ranting about.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The prof is obviously a far left idiot who tried to take advantage of a captive audience. Power tripping. Kudos to the kid who confronted him and exposed him. Oh ... and the prof did indeed admit it was Republicans he was ranting about.

Nah it don't take a "far left idiot" to realize that Republicans are indeed racist, misogynists, xenophobic and money-grubbing bastards

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Does this Type of Ranting by a Professor have any place in our nation's Universities and College classrooms?

edit on 23-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
it don't take a "far left idiot" to realize that Republicans are indeed racist, misogynists, xenophobic and money-grubbing bastards

Only a far left idiot would think that to be a republican automatically makes a person a racist, misogynist, xenophobic, money grubbing bastard. I know of a lot of racist money grubbing far left bastards. But of course the professor didn't talk about them ...
The dude was obviously power tripping and ranting ... and what he said was wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here's what the college has to say about it.

A spokesperson for Eastern Connecticut State University told Campus Reform “Our faculty has academic freedom to conduct their classes in whatever way they choose, this is not a university matter.”

Source

So, you can dislike what he said all you want, but the truth is, most of it is totally true and the college seems to be all right with it.

I don't see a problem in discussing the political arena with college students. They are being affected and their future is at stake.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
Does this Type of Ranting by a Professor have any place in our nation's Universities and College classrooms?

Absolutely not.

What I think about on things like this isn't the Prof's right to free speech. It's the conservatives in the classroom who are subjected to hearing how they are these things...from a man in authority and with control over their academic futures.

No instructor should be permitted to make a student feel rejected for personal beliefs they hold. It's just wrong, indeed.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Only a far left idiot would think that to be a republican automatically makes a person a racist, misogynist, xenophobic, money grubbing bastard.

Yeah, can you quote where he said that? Because it wasn't on either of the tapes I heard.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The issue is he is preaching to a captive audience. Truth or not doesn't matter, it is no different than bringing preached at religiously during a class.

One thing I don't get is how the Voter ID laws get bet as racist.....we have to produce ID for any legal doc., assistance app., to cash a check (at most banks), to get on a plane, train, and to drive a vehicle.....but not to cast a vote? That seems silly to me....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
it don't take a "far left idiot" to realize that Republicans are indeed racist, misogynists, xenophobic and money-grubbing bastards

Only a far left idiot would think that to be a republican automatically makes a person a racist, misogynist, xenophobic, money grubbing bastard. I know of a lot of racist money grubbing far left bastards. But of course the professor didn't talk about them ...
The dude was obviously power tripping and ranting ... and what he said was wrong.

Racists, misogynists and xenophobes come in all shapes and sizes....sadly the majority of them in this country tend to identify themselves as Republican.

I guess instead of generalizing, the professor should had used "most Republicans".
edit on 4/23/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 4/23/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join