It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Canadian Isn't Good Enough I Guess...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Johnny Canuck you stated this was good for business. Canadians ARE the backbone of business in Canada.
OK if you have to explain a joke, then it wasn't very funny.
But...two hints...
a) The Right Honourable Stephen Joseph Harper hates being called Steve.
b) 'Dear Leader' is the title by which North Koreans address their punk-arse tinpot dictator.

So, facetious remarks don't carry well in text. Let me be more succinct.

edit on 23-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Johnny Canuck you stated this was good for business. Canadians ARE the backbone of business in Canada.
OK if you have to explain a joke, then it wasn't very funny.
But...two hints...
a) The Right Honourable Stephen Joseph Harper hates being called Steve.
b) 'Dear Leader' is the title by which North Koreans address their punk-arse tinpot dictator.

So, facetious remarks don't carry well in text. Let me be more succinct.
The fault is likely mine. If Iam looking for a serious response ,humor generally flies over my head. Not to mention I seriously lack a funny bone in the first place. Was a good attempt though,I'll give you that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Those are 'some' reasons why I like it so much.
I started to like the idea of raising my kids there a few years ago for their own benefit.
I always thought there were more guns in Canada then the USA. I know for sure there are thousands less people murdered by guns there each and every year. It just seems with the wide open expanses Canada has, walking around without one would be somewhat foolish. But in the cities there is no need.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: luciddream

Those are 'some' reasons why I like it so much.
I started to like the idea of raising my kids there a few years ago for their own benefit.
I always thought there were more guns in Canada then the USA. I know for sure there are thousands less people murdered by guns there each and every year. It just seems with the wide open expanses Canada has, walking around without one would be somewhat foolish. But in the cities there is no need.
I think it's time you scheduled a road trip to Canada for a couple of weeks. It's not perfect...and this government is determined to make us more like America...but the people are catching on. Pay a visit, talk to some folks, get the feel of the place. You won't be the first if you decide to make the move. Need I mention the beer?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I agree with what you say!

It sickens me to see our government promoting foreign investors and foreign workers infinitely more than they help Canadians. Canadians want to work, they want to make money, they want to open businesses, they want to run their own country!

And don't get me started on how "reasonable" we are to other cultures and religions...Canada isn't the s^%# hole where they fled from in the first place, so don't act like kings. When I'll visit their country, I'll abide to their laws!
edit on 23-4-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Many would argue your government owns ours! lol
Canada has a different life style akin to it. Most everyone over there is not as stressed out, angry or afraid of anything that moves. So different yet so very much the same.
I really am considering it.
I received a job offer in Thunder Bay about 3 months ago but declined.
Maybe next time. . .

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't know anything about the current state of affairs in Canada, but common sense tells me that the nation doesn't need to bring in immigrants to fill vacant jobs. It says there aren't Canadians available to fill the jobs, and I find that incredibly hard to believe. I would say that about the US as well. I just cannot believe there are so many jobs that there are not enough people to fill them. That is ridiculous, and it sounds like a ploy to me of some sort.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Exactly. If you have a high rate of unemployment in any given area,at least a third of those people are actively seeking work. Some have just given up. Many of the jobs I see listed in various classifieds are simply low wage,mediocre positions,yet are seeking those with a degree. For example,a local RV dealer was looking for a parts clerk,but expected applicants to have a travel tourism degree. That one is ridiculous. On the job training is basically gone. Those out of work must find money to take courses just to apply for a job they have no guarantee to get. I cannot even believe you need a course and certificate to hold a road sign in a construction zone. Good grief. Just not right that we don't help our own first. Government gives our jobs away,then gets upset because of the amount of money it has to put out in welfare and other social services to compensate. Nothing but backwards thinkers running this show.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well, another day, and another burn my behind article. This time however, it has truly opened my eyes to how EVIL this temporary foreign worker program truly is.
Foreign worker program lowering wages, exploiting migrant workers
FULL ARTICLE

McDonald’s Canada has announced that it is putting its temporary foreign worker program on hold pending an audit.

WOOHOO! VICTORY #1!

Here in Nova Scotia, Dartmouth businessman Hector Mantolino is before the courts for allegedly paying Filipino temporary workers as little as $3.13 an hour in his cleaning business. In B.C. last year, two unions lost a suit against owners of a Chinese coal mine project who hired Chinese miners over Canadian ones. (The firm said, among other things, that speaking Mandarin was a job requirement.) And in Edmonton, workers from Belize say McDonald’s Canada forced them to share a pricey apartment and deducted almost half their take-home pay for rent.

Jim Stanford, a CBC commentator and Unifor economist, says one in five net new jobs created in Canada from 2007 to 2012 went to a temporary foreign worker. And because of the program, he says, the natural tendency of wages to increase when employers compete for workers has been suppressed. For Canadians who already work for low wages, that means even less pay. Temporary foreign workers (TFWs for short) have a long history in Nova Scotia, where farm labourers from Mexico and Jamaica have traditionally worked from April until October. They do work that, according to local farmers, fewer and fewer Nova Scotians apply to do. Both the workers and the province can benefit from the program. After being employed here, migrant workers can apply more easily to immigrate to Canada, which can help a province like Nova Scotia that desperately needs to boost its population.

This truly agravates me, as I know for a fact that many of the farm worker jobs here are automatically given to immigrants. Those that do advertise are paying wages of $10.35 hour for working 60 hours weeks, rain or shine. True many think that is too much for too little. My bad for first posting the country of origin for the farm workers as Barbados, as I in fact overheard them speaking of it. It is Jamaica. As for their wages...These migrant women who work the blueberry fields seem to be rolling in money. Bus loads of them drive around from one store/ mall to the next, clean the racks and shelves so nothing is left for the locals to buy, and ship it all back home.I guess a win-win for my province huh? Screw the locals.As for boosting the population of Nova Scotia...they all leave for Alberta or Ontario anyways. We are a pit stop. Should stamp their passports with a " Just Passing Through" sign.

But beyond agriculture, we don’t need an influx of labour. In 2012, 4,000 TFWs were assigned to N.S, almost double the figure for 2008. In Canada, the 177,781 such workers in 2000 had risen to 432,682 by 2010 — and that was before the Harper government greatly expanded the program in 2011. As a response to complaints, Ottawa just got rid of employers’ ability to pay TFWs 15 per cent below market wages and toughened up some other rules. Ottawa now says the program, which allows workers to stay in the country for up to two years per contract, is under review.

Hopefully, another victory here. I hope this remains the thorn in Good Ol' Steve's side, long after he's been booted out of Ottawa.

The government says it does a Labour Market Opinion to ensure a labour shortage exists before TFWs can be hired, and unskilled jobs, for example, must be advertised online in Canada (for a mere two weeks) before TFWs can fill them. But critics say far too many workers are brought into Canada. Besides keeping wages unnaturally low for unskilled Canadians, this program allows some unscrupulous employers to exploit foreign workers and, with help from Ottawa, can displace locals who need jobs.

Parliamentary Budget Officer, whose 2014 labour market assessment report says “the Atlantic Provinces, along with Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia, continue to have a job vacancy rate at or below pre-recession levels, partnered with an unemployment rate at or above pre-recession levels.” Canada has a shortage of jobs, not labour. Nova Scotians, particularly young people, need work.

And before the Harper government spends any more of our money to help employers bring in cheap labour from around the world, it seems to me that it should be helping people like my young friends find jobs at home. Time to roll back a program that, in terms of Canadians, mainly aids low-wage employers, and put money into growing job opportunities and matching employers with workers so our unemployed, particularly young people, can find jobs.

I couldn't agree more...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is an enormous issue in Canada, thanks to Harper's treason! I just researched non white, foreigners and population/jobs, etc.

The reason I did this is because every single supermarket, such as the Canadian Wholesale Food Store or Walmart, even A&W, all have non whites, usually with accents. Blacks which were a small portion of our population, and in the US conduct 50% of all violent crimes. Now I understand that getto's and slums are not where you put groups of people, but Canada is non violent, overall, equal, fair, high frequency basically. With a good constitution.

And suddenly 1/10 workers appear white. 86% of our population (and it should be more, the majority of non whites should be Natives, First Nations People, like my ex and 2 of my children, not blacks from Somalia, refuges, and not being given all the jobs. Im not racist, but not willing to hand over my country to Sharia, to Nazi's, to the UN, to violent abuses of democracy and freedoms.

And with 86% white, I expect to see 86% white in jobs, with Canadian accents, period! All jobs, including government, media, public works, police, doctors, lawyers, all of the responsible positions.

Its as if what they're doing is, trying to make people feel guilty for being white. UM NO! All the crimes of this planet, and all extortion of resources and enslavement of third world is done VIA THE ELITE/PTB, BANKERS, CORPORATE HEADS AND ROYAL FAMILIES BECAUSE THEY ARE EVIL INCORPORATED. They should feel very guilty and give themselves up, turn themselves over the police for crimes against humanity, but we the people, DO NOT.

Next, they think somehow that we're going to ignore this issue, out and out ignore that they are doing a race replacement in our Country.

Bring in the violent uprisings in Africa and overseas, and give them all our jobs. I don't believe criminals of the nature that TPTB are, would ever bring in those truly in need.

Sorry, this is beyond belief. Everywhere you shop, its a takeover by a minority.

And the Harper needs to be in court for this deliberate crime, and we need our country and jobs back.

I don't even know if you're allowed to post the alternative news sites with the news, for example of: Police Chief, Al Frederick, saying that 89%, just 3% above the actual white percentage, is too high and so now a non white hiring practice in place for police in Toronto.

Um, is anyone rising up to the occasion to shout HELL NO?

PERIOD!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well Im not ever going to try and be politically correct, and am not cowed down, because the middle class, have nothing to feel guilty about, we're all supposed to be living with clean and abundant technology, those upgrades were given, and advanced systems of abundance for all, its all TPTB doing this.

And its high time people start to speak up boldly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join