It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight ME370 - Debris washed up south of Perth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Perth TV is reporting that debris that may be from flight ME370 has washed near Augusta in Western Australia's most south west corner. TV news is reporting that the debris is now in the hands of the police. I don't know what the debris is

Will update as more information comes to hand

edit on 23-4-2014 by learnatic because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2014 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just saw this on the news. They have sent photos of the wreckage to the Malaysian team as well to try and identify it. So at this stage its pure speculation whether its from the still at large MH370 flight

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
Perth TV is reporting that debris that may be from flight ME370 has washed near Augusta in Western Australia's most south west corner. TV news is reporting that the debris is now in the hands of the police. I don't know what the debris is

Will update as more information comes to hand

They are not saying what the debris consists of.

I still think the plane is in Dieargo Garsia

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
How often does aircraft debris wash up on shorelines?

I mean, if it is a fact of tide and currents in the area, that all sorts of crash debris from years ago even can routinely wash up on shore there, it's not really news...if debris hardly ever or even never washes up then it's certainly news.

But then again, if the conspiracy theories of the plane being stolen because 1) There are valuable patent rights worth tens of billions at stake if the plane 'disappeared', 2) Israel is planning a FF event with a duplicate plane, blame it of Iran, Syria Whoever else is in the sights, 3) Plane landed in Pakistan, for reasons unknown 4) any of the other theories...have any truth to them, it's quite possible ANY debris could have been dumped so it would wash up and be found.

But the question remains i suppose...how often does crash debris wash ashore in this area?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

WAtoday.com

West Australian Police have confirmed officers in the state's South West are in possession of "items" that could possibly be from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.

Going to be interesting to find out what these "items" are.

They could be as simple as lost/discarded personal effects from beach goers/boaties, or items from MH370...??

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I am surprised there is so much wreckage out there in the ocean these days, well the ocean is a big place.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I am surprised there is so much wreckage out there in the ocean these days, well the ocean is a big place.

Especially after the Easter long weekend, it seems half of Perth ends up down south.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Heard news reports , but none stated what it might be
"It's sufficiently interesting for us to take a look at the photographs," ATSB Chief Commissioner Martin Dolan told broadcaster CNN, describing the object as appearing to be sheet metal with rivets.

But he added a note of caution. "The more we look at it, the less excited we get."

www.sbs.com.au...
edit on 23-4-2014 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
How often does aircraft debris wash up on shorelines?

I mean, if it is a fact of tide and currents in the area, that all sorts of crash debris from years ago even can routinely wash up on shore there, it's not really news...if debris hardly ever or even never washes up then it's certainly news.

Oh, all the time! We just use it all to make huts to live in like castaways. Most of the buildings are built of old plane wreckage as planes crash all the time and when they do all the sh*t from them likes to wash up along the Western Australia coast.

I'm hoping for a nice cockpit soon, for a new pool room addition.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

Sarcasm aside, debris does wash up in that area quite regularly.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Not sounding good......"Even the Australians expressed caution.
"The more we look at it, the less excited we get," Dolan said.
Bajc: There's no evidence MH370 crashed
The object was picked up near Augusta, some 300 kilometers (186 miles) south of Perth, a source with the Australian Defence Force told CNN.
The source also described the object as having rivets on one side with what appears to be a fiberglass coating.
When asked about the shape and scale of the object, the source described it as "kind of rectangular," but torn and misshapen."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

No aircraft, boats, ships, shipping containers and mountains of detritus ever get washed ashore, anywhere in Oz? Given that many small aircraft and boats and ships of all types go down a fair amount in storms and accidents?

Not even any parts from the tens of thousands of aluminium aircraft (with rivets) or landing craft, or parts of boats and ships that ditched or sank in the Pacific during WW2.

Certain areas have unusually strong currents where this sort of crap collects and is swept ashore. Not living in that part of the world i don't know if the area where this debris was found, has currents that tend to collect the crap from the sea and bring it ashore or not...hence the question.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk
Sometimes it does, but not as much as has been implied. Ocean debris washes up on every shore.

Edit: @MysterX As I said, ocean debris washes up on every shore on earth. There's no special reason for anything to wash up where it did, but the police are investigating the item because of the area's proximity to the search area.

edit on 23-4-2014 by gusdynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I was just in Augusta & Hamelin Bay for the easter long weekend i so wish i was there when this happened! Please let this be the end to this horrible situation them families need closure!! Ill bet its another whole lot of nothing though, dont mean to sound negative but ive lost hope that we will find out the truth now.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Of course it did. ON CUE!

Just as the story comes out yesterday that the plane may have landed bla bla...

The flase flaggers drop some crap near Perth.. just in time.... whew...

I was getting worried the actual truth might make it out.....

Diego Garcia.......

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

No aircraft, boats, ships, shipping containers and mountains of detritus ever get washed ashore, anywhere in Oz? Given that many small aircraft and boats and ships of all types go down a fair amount in storms and accidents?

Not even any parts from the tens of thousands of aluminium aircraft (with rivets) or landing craft, or parts of boats and ships that ditched or sank in the Pacific during WW2.

Certain areas have unusually strong currents where this sort of crap collects and is swept ashore. Not living in that part of the world i don't know if the area where this debris was found, has currents that tend to collect the crap from the sea and bring it ashore or not...hence the question.

Aren't the seats flotation devices? That's what they tell me every time I am on a plane.

Debris can mean anything, but if flotations devices AKA seats from a large aircraft wash up on the beach that means that the plane exploded in air or that people got out. Given the amount of time, the people would have been eaten by sharks.

I'm still thinking Vietnam and a rocket launch.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

There have been numerous reports of authorities finding debris. There was days where CNN kept showing the same trash in the ocean. I have serious doubts that this is MH370.

Personally I believe this plane landed somewhere.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
At this point, I don't know whether debris would be credible, even if it does identify some passengers. It could have been taken from them and deliberately dumped in the ocean a week ago to make it look like the plane crashed there.

Not saying I believe any of the various theories, but it seems like there would be more than zero evidence of a crash so far.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is what the newspapers are saying about the debris:

"Pictures of the material, described as looking like sheet metal with distinct rivets, have been passed to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) for further analysis." (www.independent.co.uk... t-plane-9278180.html)

I don't think it's the plane, as modern planes don't use rivets: they are stuck together with special glue. Some of the big makers like Boeing have been using stir-friction welding.

So no, I don't think it's MH370.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I don't think it's the plane, as modern planes don't use rivets: they are stuck together with special glue. Some of the big makers like Boeing have been using stir-friction welding.

You are soooo wrong.

Look Here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join