It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2014 NBA Playoffs Are Fixed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here is the bracket so far as of 4/22

2014 NBA Playoffs

East Conf. Teams are:
Indiana, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington, Toronto, Brooklyn, Miama, Charlotte

TV Ratings would suggest a Indiana vs Heat matchup

West Teams:
San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Portland, Los Angeles, Golden State, OKC, Memphis

My guess: San Antonio vs OKC/LA/Warriors. What do you think? West is tough to predict.

Each game is scripted though and I bet the whole bracket is predetermined.
edit on 23-4-2014 by skyfall911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: skyfall911

Of course it's fixed it has for years . Players have even admitted to being bribed to throw games. David Stern is about as crooked as they come it's all about money not the sport itself. They choose what two teams will make the NBA most profit in the playoffs in merchandise and viewers rallying behind said teams .... Who ever is flavor of the month. The refs are in the back pockets of some elite big shots. That's how the game goes it's TV. It's as real as pro wrestling.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: skyfall911

The Clippers would have to be up there after yesterday... That was a thumping.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Say what you want, but my Pistons earned it in '04.
That was not rigged

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Miami advances. No other team can match their entertainment value, plus they have Lebron James. I predict they make the Finals and lose. Wade Bosh or James will get " injured" ruining their chances.

As for the West...Dallas, Memphis, Houston and Portland are all going to lose. With the Sterling racist comments, now the Clippers seem unpopular. That leaves San Antonio, Golden State and OKC.

I'm guessing GSW or OKC vs Miami or Indy for the 2014 Finals

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer
I tried looking (not much admittedly) for some proof or statements from players being bribed/blackmailed.
Can you help me out with that. Very interesting stuff.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
5 of the 8 games are going to a games 7. Fixed for entertainment. Heat vs Warriors would be a good matchup but also OKC vs Heat.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So lets bring some fresh air into this dusty thread, eh?

Spurs an Heat for Finals.

I say, Spurs will get it in game 7.
--
I don't deny that the NBA rigs games, but not in the traditional sense.
I believe that perhaps the Refs play a large portion into this, they ultimately are the deciding factor on whether or not a play is legit.
Imagine a bracket system for huge gambles that outline what teams will be where, everything is factored in, including ratings an scandals.
At that point, the information is passed onto the Refs to determine the outcome.

Despite all that, I genuinely believe the teams, coaches an players are truly playing with true intent.
We all have seen an witness "questionable" calls by the Refs an join in on the fustration an anger also displayed by players an coaches alike.
I have met Popovich and the coach is a genuine man, true to the heart, along with the Spurs who take pay cuts so that their other players can stay an play.

The NBA can be cruel an unforgiving too, for instance, a player that voices his opinion over a decision the Refs make can and will get fined, at minimum, $25,000. A bit much huh? just think about it.

But loopholes do exist, like Upsets...These are the best because no matter the call a Ref makes, a team that really shines and fights back hard to make point is something of genuine franchise willingly togo to the deep end to win, we have seen evidence of that and whole gambles crumble.

I'm a Huge Spurs fan at heart.

Go Spurs Go!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah no doubt some elements of the NBA are rigged. I would agree with Arnie that it's the refs and the administration were most forms of corruption is found - it's all about the money.

The lottery is the clearest form of corruption. Cleveland won the 2014 lottery with 1.7% chance of winning and they were a genuine playoff contender, they have had the number one pick 3 out of the past 4 years. My guess is that they want to build up a rivalry between Miami and Cleveland to create a new market in the lackluster Eastern Conference.

It's fairly clear that the NBA administration has a hand in the outcome of NBA results.

top topics

join