It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources close to investigation claim missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 may have landed, not cras

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
I still believe that it exactly happened like this captain described it on Google Plus a couple days after the disappearance:

plus.google.com...

Thanks for the link.

Smoldering fire killing coms and stuff, pilot turning towards closest runway, pilot passing out, CO poisoning, plane continuing to fly until fuel exhaustion.

The most plausible theory so far imho. Even though according to comments, there are closer runways than the one favored by this theory.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

The airplane people claim it is not possible but look at the situation with every form of consumer and industrial computer controlled devices. Hacked one way or another. New computer security failures seem to happen almost weekly. The air version of stuxnet. Claims have been made and gently covered by the FAA, etal.

Throw in black project work and whose knows what can be done.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Who will be most embarrassed (and to blame) if the plane is not found in the Indian Ocean, after all these man-hours and millions of dollars have been spent looking there? Malaysia, Australia, China, CNN???
-cwm

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So I thought this was interesting. Saw on Huffpo a bit ago that the Malaysian PM is not ready to declare the passengers dead yet. he claims it is out of respect for the families, but I wonder if he knows more than he is telling? Or is someone behind the scenes now pulling his strings too?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
i heard on the radio an expert oceanographer figured the pings were whales...
well thats better then the black hole theory

Can you elaborate on that, which pings? all of them, or the most recent stated as coming from the black box off Australia's west coast?
I posted on that a good while back, (not from a radio broadcast) in fact nothing but a research experiment going on or just concluded, that I found out about incidentally, and unrelated. However the pings I was talking about were whales that were being tracked in the same way as an aircraft by GPS and some could have been in the area, those whales had/have trackers pinned to them, they are not whale sounds. In addition the trackers on those whales last much longer, up to ten months, and also had more real time parameters like motion detectors, while in all cases that information could only be gained on the surface.
edit on 24-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Something was broadcasting that distress signal.

Unless somebody sank the Transponders....That thing is at the bottom of the Ocean.

You mean the 4 separate signals over 300 miles apart?

None of which were confirmed as being black box pings, only sounds in the freq they were searching.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Smoldering fire killing coms and stuff, pilot turning towards closest runway, pilot passing out, CO poisoning, plane continuing to fly until fuel exhaustion.

The most plausible theory so far imho. Even though according to comments, there are closer runways than the one favored by this theory.

So in it's wild, uncontrolled flight the plane stayed at an altitude between two commonly used for flights and hugged the borders between countries, looking like it was trying to avoid being detected?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd like to agree with this theory, but like you said, it hugged boarders of countries. BTW how do they know it's flight path again? I've been seeing the news show us "the flight path", but how did they pick up on a path if it was off radar?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashdespatch
a reply to: Rocker2013

If there was a fire why did they switch the transponders off and if you say the fire destroyed the transponders why not the rest of the plane, as it flew on for several hours after?

There are any number of reasons why the transponders would have failed, and this was outlined by experts in the field more than once. It's not unusual for a plane to suffer various technical and mechanical faults due to fire, it's perfectly reasonable that a fire could have damaged all kinds of equipment on the plane without destroying the entire plane.

Fire needs oxygen. If a fire broke out damaging equipment then it's completely plausible that when the oxygen supply was damaged by that fire it would have burned out and could have continued on its cruising path until fuel ran out.

The most LIKELY scenario I have seen is that there was a fire on board damaging equipment, the pilots changed course to locate the nearest airfield, but were overcome by smoke and fumes. The oxygen was limited and once that oxygen had been used the fire was unable to sustain itself and the plane continued until it ran out of fuel.

There is no other scenario that makes any sense, none. Given all the available evidence we should go with the most plausible scenario, and this is the most plausible.

What are the alternatives?

The plane blew up? No evidence of that at all. Why divert over the ocean?
The plane was hijacked? No evidence. Why divert, why no radio contact?
The plane landed somewhere? No evidence. Someone would have noticed an airliner landing and it would have been found.
Alien abduction? No evidence.

While any scenario is horrific to think about, we can at least be thankful that those innocent people might not have known much about what was happening. If it was a fire (which most in the industry seem to believe it was) then the people on that plane would have lost consciousness very quickly, they would have likely passed away within ten minutes.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
^ 10min isn't very quickly. Sounds like they were terrified and suffering for some time if your theory is correct. It is plausible, and most realistic, but there are factors that debunk it, IF we were given the correct information by MSM and TPTB. Such as the planes flight path.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SixX18
I'd like to agree with this theory, but like you said, it hugged boarders of countries. BTW how do they know it's flight path again? I've been seeing the news show us "the flight path", but how did they pick up on a path if it was off radar?

I can't find the post but it was discussed for a day or so in one of the main threads about this. It wasn't posted as a theory i can't remember how the info came about

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SixX18
Flight path I've seen has three legs:

Leg 1: NNE from Transponder data
Leg 2: West, more or less, from Malaysia Military radar.
Leg 3: SSE, Inmarsat satellite handshake ping delay gives distance from satellite, and doppler shift gives relative velocity

Leg 2 might be consistent with emergency landing for a fire event but leg 3 where it turned south, I don't understand, as it didn't seem to be headed toward any airport.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
As I have not found it mentioned anywhere else I would like to point out the similarities between NYC's twin World Trade Centre towers and Kuala Lumpur's twin Petronas towers.

An attack on the Petronas Towers would equate to a continuation of 9/11.

The significance of such a directly comparable terrorist target existing within immediate range of MH370 should not be disregarded.

An attempt to repeat such an attack could result in the aircraft being shot down by one of several airforces in the region.

Short of actually bringing down the Petronas towers, simply causing the plane to crash could be construed as a Jihadist victory.

The only way to neutralize terrorists benefitting from such a suicide mission is to deny the event ever took place.

That's a good theory, but the only flaw in it is that there would have been a jihadist group making claims by now of this and there hasn't so far...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
So in it's wild, uncontrolled flight the plane stayed at an altitude between two commonly used for flights and hugged the borders between countries, looking like it was trying to avoid being detected?

Would a commercial pilot or co pilot be able to fly or program a course to fly in this manner? Not only to fly without being detected by radar but also avoid cming into contact with another plane.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm still rolling with the plane having landed in Maldives and was then flown back out to another location (private strip) at some point later in time having been re-outfitted with new transponder codes and appearing on radar as a different plane that was registered to Maldives so as not to raise any suspicion. I am also claiming GAN airport as the one it landed at mainly because it can handle a plane that size and it was undergoing major construction of its facilities at the time so a simple makeshift hangar large enough to cover this plane could have easily been in place and possibly even taken down since. Plane would have come in very late with nobody else around and with it being dark, nobody would have been any wiser. Only ones that would need to know about it would be the controllers in the airport and the air crew team that would outfit the new transponder/codes. Passengers are all dead.

Also don't forget all the reports of this plane being seen flying low over the exact area and direction of this airport.
edit on 4/25/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

In pages and pages of comments on this.. What I haven't seen for quite some time is a 'DB COOPER' scenario. We still don't know the entire cargo manifest. Potentially it just could have been and old fashioned heist.. Parachute out.. And turn the plane out to somewhere it would crash where no one would ever find it..

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

From the OP:

“The thought of it landing somewhere else is not impossible, as we have not found a single debris that could be linked to MH370. However, the possibility of a specific country hiding the plane when more than 20 nations are searching for it, seems absurd,” the sources said.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Absurd? Like Osama Bin Laden absurd? Of course a 6'-4" man with dialysis and an an armed entourage are a bit smaller than MH370 but the point is there. This thing could be parked anywhere.

The sad thing if it is in fact parked somewhere, the perps have likely killed many, if not all of the passengers. If there were to be a ransom request or any political/ideological demands, they would have came already.

IMHO, the lack of evidence is so unusual in this case, that speculating 370 was landed somewhere to be re-purposed is not a far stretch, and even a more likely scenario than...well, nothing!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga
Even though they never found DB Cooper, some changes were made as a result of that event, namely that the ability to somewhat safely parachute out of commercial passenger flights was pretty much designed out of that aircraft, and aircraft designers and customers avoided such vulnerabilities in subsequent designs including the MH370 aircraft.

DB Cooper

In the wake of multiple "copycat" hijackings in 1972 the FAA required that all Boeing 727 aircraft be fitted with a device, later dubbed the "Cooper vane", which prevented lowering of the aft airstair during flight. Several airlines elected to abandon use of the airstair entirely, and simply welded the aft doors of their 727s shut.

A less-well-known modification mandated as a direct result of the hijacking was the installation of peepholes in all cockpit doors, making it possible for the cockpit crew to observe events in the passenger cabin with the cockpit door closed.

edit on 25-4-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Understand that, but given the flight data that was presented (who knows if it is accurate or not)..

Why couldn't they have gained altitude.. Made all the passengers fall unconscious.. Lower altitude and speed.. Program autopilot for addition route.. Then jumped out the back door. If I'm not mistaken you could still hop out of the aft exits of a 777 without hitting the tail..

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga
Yeah they would need some kind of breathing apparatus in addition to a parachute, and maybe a heated suit or heavy coat because the cabin would have to be almost completely depressurized to open the door.

But the even bigger question is why would they do it? To escape with some mangosteens? At least DB Cooper had a big wad of cash to escape with.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join