It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources close to investigation claim missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 may have landed, not cras

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
We know the plane was deliberately flying in such a way as to avoid radars.
I've heard people say this, but I don't think the evidence supports this claim. Most sources seem to think after the transponder was turned off, the plane turned west, and didn't avoid radar at all but was picked up on Malaysia's military radar. If they wanted to avoid radar they would have turned East instead of West.

It's a mystery but they need to stop putting the families through hell with unfounded speculation. The article said they've searched 80% of the search area, so not only is there still 20% to go, but they might widen the search area in which case they still have more to search after finishing the other 20%. Sometimes you find things in the last place you look.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Sometimes you find things in the last place you look.

You always find things in the last place you look

Them searching is speculation, they are speculating that the plane is in that area, they don't know for a fact that is where it went down.
There is a lot of info that has changed about what radar picked up what plane and where, nothing is fact, it is all speculation right now.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It caught fire, the pilots changed course, became overcome with smoke, and passed out. The plane flew on for several hours before crashing into the sea.

It's a pretty big ocean out there, guys. It would take years for them to reasonably search that part of the world, west of Australia. Now that's there's virtually no chance of a black box signal they will give up the search within a few weeks and it may or may not ever be discovered. I don't think it will be found with current technology.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm thinking someone messed up and shot it down. Everyone is working together to cover asses.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Something was broadcasting that distress signal.

why don't you tell us about the distress signal since you are the only person so far I have seen mention, in any way, that the people searching for this plane received a distress signal from the bottom of the ocean? There were pings, that isn't a distress signal, it's a beacon...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
This Can Not Be!
OMG!
Inmarsat & AAIB did/accomplished a first in the history of mankind... PEER REVIEWED ...!!!!
No Way something peer reviewed by a "PROFESSOR" could be...in error... ... ... ... Could it?
This entirely destroys my faith in...science...and the integrity of the Human Race...or...the governments of mankind.
Ahhh - who cares.
I didn't believe it when they said it... I believed they were simply trying to 'up' their value in the marketplace.
And, every day that they don't find it WHERE INMARSAT said/says it WAS/IS...I grow more convinced that they are the same kind of 'Expert Idiots' that pervade my industry.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Wow, this is big news, but it is what I thought happened the whole time. There was another flight path that took the plane over Pakistan - but it wasn't investigated as heavily as the Indian Ocean path. My thought was that this was a two-phase operation.

Phase one: Secure the plane.
Phase two: Use the plane for something.

Because in the second phase, you get the element of surprise. The plane doesn't have to be hijacked, no one sees it coming. Also, in the Pakistan flight path scenario, the authorities think that the plane could have been mimicking other commercial routes.

It reminds me of a scene in the submarine chase movie "Down Periscope" where the rogue submarine gets through an extensive radar field by hiding underneath a commercial vessel and firing its torpedoes from there.
edit on 23amWed, 23 Apr 2014 01:28:51 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
No.. They didn't. Please tell me... No.. Just...NO!. They didn't spend millions upon millions and millions more with thousands of people to come back to ...Uhh.. We don't even know if it went North or South?!

Hey.... Someone a little more skilled needs to be doing this investigation thing, I'm thinking. There's a major disconnect here somewhere.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sy.gunson
You forgot to mention:

Nameless Unidentified

Sources Claim....

However I would choose to use the term vile cretins with nor regard for the hurt their lies have caused the families of those lost on MH370

I'm sure reputable news sites wouldn't publish random claims from people who are uninvolved in the investigations.

Generally, when sources close to a matter want to speak to the media, they will request anonymity for obvious reasons.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I'm sure reputable news sites wouldn't publish random claims from people who are uninvolved in the investigations.

Generally, when sources close to a matter want to speak to the media, they will request anonymity for obvious reasons.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo..newspapers would NEVER do anything like that..

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

We are on the same wavelength. Why would someone have tweeted that it landed when it did not land there and prior to the media blitz.

There have been way to many changes and inconsistencies through this whole sordid affair.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

There are not characters large enough to express the correct size of face palm which is being created by this whole mess.

I find it absolutely ridiculous, that in this day and age, where individuals can be tracked by satellite using their phones, that all the governments of the world cannot locate a bloody great big plane, sunken, landed or otherwise. I heard that they can track a plane by time, and by heading, and that is all very well, but SO prone to unknown variables, like incidents which cannot be known of until a plane has been located and it's status understood.

I think it is about time that all commercial aircraft were at least as easy to track, to within a foot of accuracy, as people are. The airlines ought to think about fitting real time trackers to their aircraft, otherwise this total shambles will be repeated at some future date.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is sounding more and more like am episode of LOST

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
It landed in China.

I was thinking Diego Garcia, personally, lol.

I have always thought Diego Garcia. I think that the Malaysian government has been hoodwinked, big time, by the USA. There is only one nation in the world that could pull this thing off with such blatant audacity.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Well I've been saying it landed in China since someone in China tweeted that the day it went missing. Where else would it be? Why would they tweet such a thing? It was well before all the nonsense started.

Ooh I missed these tweets can you link or even give us the gist of what was said. I can only assume they didn't say "i haz flight 370 lolz"...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I have tended toward the possibility of it having landed somewhere for a while now. Whatever happened to that plane, it was no accident, mechanical failure, or unfortunate error. Even if it crashed somewhere, it did so on purpose, for reasons unknown right now.

In other words,you're pretty much saying it's a conspiracy.

Yet you provide not one shred of evidence.

Except what you THINK happened.

No way it could've accidently crashed or had a crazy pilot who wanted to end his life.

Nooo,because mental illness is made up to,right?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

We know the plane was deliberately flying in such a way as to avoid radars.
I've heard people say this, but I don't think the evidence supports this claim. Most sources seem to think after the transponder was turned off, the plane turned west, and didn't avoid radar at all but was picked up on Malaysia's military radar. If they wanted to avoid radar they would have turned East instead of West.

If they wanted to avoid detection they would turn off the transponders, fly at a height where they would encounter no other aircraft and they would hug the borders of countries so each side would assume it was a plane from the other side of the border. That's what they did, wasn't it?

originally posted by: ArbitrageurSometimes you find things in the last place you look.
No, you always find something in the last place you look, only an idiot would keep looking after they find what they're looking for...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17832104]

There are lots of things point to a conspiracy, I mentioned some in the post below the one i quoted here. Feel free to debunk anything i got wrong...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Would it not be appropriate to include China in the MoU since they suffered the greatest civilian loss?

Department of Civil Aviation director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman told the New Straits Times that the MoU only involved the two nations and it was in accordance with the International Civil Aviation Organisation's ruling which underscored the jurisdiction of Malaysia and Australia in this case. Details of the MoU will not be made public.

Source

And does it have to be kept from the public?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightstalker78

Yet you provide not one shred of evidence.

Except what you THINK happened.

No way it could've accidently crashed or had a crazy pilot who wanted to end his life.

Nooo,because mental illness is made up to,right?

Um...a mentally ill pilot crashing it into the ocean would constitute as NOT an accident or a mechanical failure...it would constitute as being done on purpose, would it not?

You are making some pretty big assumptions, and it is only making an ass of you, not me. I said that whatever happened to the plane, I do not believe it was accidental or mechanical. I believe it was done on purpose.

That leaves a pretty broad area of possibilities open to what happened to the plane. Including suicidal pilots.

The fact that the governments involved have been with holding information, and releasing confusing, contradictory information, is enough to warrant suspicion in itself. Since they can't seem to provide anything close to a straight answer on the issue, suspicion seems only natural and even logical.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join