It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell-o ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone! I was skeptical about doing an introduction as some other sites I've been on they seemed more of a formality than anything but it appears that people here are pretty nice and warm and all that fuzzy jazz, so I figured why not!?

I came to this website because I was looking for a good communication group to talk to about various mystical/spiritual topics. It's pretty hard to find forums these days that are accepting of ideas and not full of people spewing New Age hippie babble 24/7. Not that I don't love hippies, but it's not how I learn and my thirst for knowledge is deep.

As of this date, I've been studying the mystical arts for about 6 1/2 years, give or take. I'm currently an inactive member of two spiritual fraternities: the Rosicrucian Order AMORC and the Builders Of The Adytum (BOTA). I've found many great things in both of these groups and hope that I may be able to spread some of my knowledge to others.

I'm fascinated by anything religious/spiritual/mystical/metaphysical/occult. I also love ancient civilizations, notably the Egyptians, Phoenicians, Babylonians, and Sumerians. Philosophy is ok to a certain degree but I'm far from a fan of traditional philosophy. I've had my own experiences in these fields and feel like most people can have their own as well if they know where to look. The hardest part is learning about yourself and stepping out of your comfort zone; doing the things required when you're not posting on forums or reading books about subjects. That motivation to do more, to experience more, and to communicate with others through learning and teaching has lead me here.

I greatly look forward to posting here more often and reading about the great topics available!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Welcome and it's great to have you here!

With your interests you'll fit right in. C-ya around friend!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kroovistos
hi Kroovis
nice to meet you
I noticed your interests and if you check my sig thread ( link at the bottom of my post ) you might find a good read regarding sumeriams egyptians and especialy phonecians.

hope you have great time here, and watch out for the warm and fuzzy teeth in the "mud pit"

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS Family. You sound like you'll fit in well. Here's your complimentary fruit platter.

Look forward to meeting you in the forums...

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Kroovistos!

While I have almost zero knowledge of the mystical/spiritual hello anyway. Glad you're here.

See you on the boards.

Des may be by with cookies... I never got cookies.

ETA - To Des, What! A fruit basket?????
edit on 111pm4343pm82014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Sssshhhhhhhh Bassago. Do you want all the noobs to know we sit around pigging out on cookies and bacon? Then they'll want all the cookies. Gotta give some of this fruit away, or we have to eat it.

Here...sneaking some cookies to ya...now hush Baby...

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Welcome to the sit Kro..... dont be a stranger. You might wanto check out cirque's forum on facebook that she just started "Into The Fringe" we are trying to kick start it. we are looking to discuss the metaphysical and paranormal so stop on by.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DilligafMisfit

LOL what a coincidence; I actually already posted there but it was requested that I become a bit more acquainted with ATS first (get at least 20 posts) so we could continue the conversation through U2U. I figured an intro thread would be a good place to start.

Thanks for the warm welcome people!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! You'll fit right in

Looking forward to seeming your posts!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thanks! With this post I should be reaching 20 and able to make my own threads now!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

A little late, but Welcome!

Want you please come in and join our humble abode?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
hey hey it's saturday! hello to you

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Haha hello hello to both of you; thanks for the welcoming! Glad to be a part of the community now. Still looking around to find where some good threads are but there seems to be fresh content near every day.

top topics

join