It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: rickynews

I see. So you bring out the usual list of insane people who were atheists. By the way, Stalin started off as a Russian Orthodox monk. What makes them worse than the leaders of the Spanish Inquisition, the monks who burnt the histories of the Incas and Aztecs, the leaders of the First Crusade, which swam in blood in Jerusalem, Louis XIV, Tilly at Magdeburg... where do I stop? All were intensely religious. All had hands drenched in blood.

You still didn't answer - as to whether you think the list of history's known hard-core atheists are either mentally ill, or spiritually flawed.

This is like playing Russian roulette with a drunk blind guy. You've predetermined the parameters of your argument and stacked the context in favor of uhur desired outcome. The "list" which is 3 people you have cherry picked to "prove " to yourself that "real" atheists are mentally and/or spiritually flawed. Basically you are presenting this as a historical list when that's not the case, it's a list of your own divining.

Personally I think I can name more heinous acts committed in the name of religion the past couple of millennia than I can similar acts perpetrated by "hardcore" atheists. You're not actually interested in a discussion or learning anything. You only want to perpetrate your own bias and the gleeful arrogance that comes along with it. If you want to get right down to it, the DSM IV would lead any psychiatrist to diagnose every single religious prophet, leader etc. inuding And beginning with Moses as mentally ill. People who hear voices and act in them are called schizophrenic in this day and age. You can disagree with it all day but its a medical fact.
edit on 10-5-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Agreed. I can think of quite a few unpleasant incidents.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Look at his threads...many just attacking atheists and they wonder why they get attacked back.
You are right he is a t word.
The guy is also not very ...he thinks the bible is the oldest historical document in the world....
edit on 10-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The bickering is out of control.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Closed for a review and a cooling off period.

top topics

<< 36  37  38   >>

join