It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

I'm 33 just a history buff!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004

God is Satans greatest enemy as the Atheists.

It's people like you who burned ''witches'' all that time ago. You talk about god being removed from schools but why should I have my children brainwashed into religion instead of them making their own mind up about the fairytale when old enough? It's drummed into kids while they're still susceptible enough to believe in the tooth fairy.

People should not be taught religion until their mind is old enough to decide for themselves, at least 11 years old or so. Otherwise, it's simply brainwashing.

In fact, I class brainwashing youngsters into religion as child abuse. How about that then?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rbital

Science has been gods greatest enemy.... Or the people who made him up are for not being smart enough not to include what in the future would be testable facts.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: vasaga

a reply to: RedParrotHead

I don't know who your reply was for, but I don't want to live in any type of state since any state in inherently evil.

So you'd prefer to live in a lawless anarchy then?
Anarchy has two meanings:

1) a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
2) absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal

The 2nd one is the one I propagate, and, the second one does not necessarily entail the first one, unlike what people have been told.

So, no police,
Private security doesn't exist then?

originally posted by: AngryCymraegno courts,
So if the government is gone, there will be no more judges? Big leap in logic there.

no Armed Forces,
The public will be the armed forces. Just like in Costa Rica.

no local government,
Exactly. No institution that claims to have the monopoly on violence.

no queues (presumably the person with the biggest fists wins) and no, well, anything else? That's a utopian fantasy. It's never going to work. You have to have some form of Government, or 2) rapidly becomes 1), especially when there's a crisis.
So... The system we have now is working? Don't think so

May I invite you to watch this video? I promise it will be worth your time.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

a reply to: RedParrotHead

I don't know who your reply was for, but I don't want to live in any type of state since any state in inherently evil.

So you'd prefer to live in a lawless anarchy then?
Anarchy has two meanings:

1) a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
2) absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal

The 2nd one is the one I propagate, and, the second one does not necessarily entail the first one, unlike what people have been told.

So, no police,
Private security doesn't exist then?

originally posted by: AngryCymraegno courts,
So if the government is gone, there will be no more judges? Big leap in logic there.

no Armed Forces,
The public will be the armed forces. Just like in Costa Rica.

no local government,
Exactly. No institution that claims to have the monopoly on violence.

no queues (presumably the person with the biggest fists wins) and no, well, anything else? That's a utopian fantasy. It's never going to work. You have to have some form of Government, or 2) rapidly becomes 1), especially when there's a crisis.
So... The system we have now is working? Don't think so

May I invite you to watch this video? I promise it will be worth your time.

??? You seriously want to hand policing over to a bunch of rival private security firms? Really? That sounds like a great war to start local wars. And if Government is gone, who is going to appoint the judges? The public? "Vote for me - I'll prosecute those worthless people who look different in the next valley!" That'll start yet another local war.
The public as the army? Fine. Who organises them? Who equips them? Who makes sure that they don't start shooting each other? No local government? What the hell does violence have to do with anything? I'm talking about the more simple matter of who makes sure that the sewers work, that the lights come on and that there's water in the taps? Who sweeps the roads? Who clears debris from them in the event of a storm?
I'm not saying that the system is perfect. But it's a hell of a lot better than having no system. By the way I stopped watching your video when it started hinting that social security is a Ponzi scheme. No.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: 0rbital

Science has been gods greatest enemy.... Or the people who made him up are for not being smart enough not to include what in the future would be testable facts.

Science isn't God's greatest enemy, what makes you think that God wants you to sit hear twiddling your thumbs all your life? Science is promoted if the intentions aren't bad.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
God's greatest enemy is religion.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

God's greatest enemy is anything which makes itself an enemy against God and this includes people who make a mockery of the religions, all of them.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

God's greatest enemy is anything which makes itself an enemy against God and this includes people who make a mockery of the religions, all of them.

Truth be told, if a creator exists, the notion that anyone thinks it cares some human trying to be it's enemy is laughable.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Truth be told, if a creator exists, the notion that anyone thinks it cares some human trying to be it's enemy is laughable.

If a creator exists? I didn't realise humanity had proven that humans created the universe and everything in it. I find it laughable you question whether a creator exists yet you walk on "it's" creation everyday.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

If a creator exists? I didn't realise humanity had proven that humans created the universe and everything in it. I find it laughable you question whether a creator exists yet you walk on "it's" creation everyday.

Yes, I said, "if a creator exists", because I believe there's no way to know. I'm a little saddened that you find it laughable that I think it's impossible to know the secrets of our universe and beyond and what created it.

I thought I was quite respectful in acknowledging that it's something I can't know and therefore can't deny.

From where are you drawing your aggression toward me or my post? If you've had a bad day, I hope it gets better.

edit on am5fuFriday590131America/Chicago by gusdynamite because: forgot a word

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: vasaga

You can't be serious...

So everyone protecting their own turf... do you know how easy is to overcome enemy who is divided like that?

Did they teach history in your school? Do you know how did Ottoman Empire conquer part of Europe for example?? What might be a reason and why did they stop?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Your keyword is "religion". Religion is of man.

Jesus is the only answer. Not man's traditions and lies. Jesus himself went down with the lowest of people and accused the most "righteous" of heresy. Such is the pride that comes with mass religion. Pride in one's self over many, which is not the answer.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

the thing is athiests don't see things in black and white, or god and satan.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm REALLY not trying to take sides here (believers vs atheists fights are unbearable), but don't you think this statement is a little black and white? Most non-believers I know hate the simple mention of God. Any possibility of a higher power is a quick way to make them hate you.

I agree that believers AND non-believers can BOTH be pretty black and white, and that's what keeps the fire of this senseless battle going. Its not the fault of one OR the other. It takes two to tango.

Kinda makes the sensible believers and non-believers look bad.

Also--in reply to the OP--No. I think not.

Its interesting and fanciful to think this way, but realistically? Nah.

Now, if you were to make the argument that non-believers are in league with Satan unknowingly, that'd be a different story. That would make more sense.

But as for being anti-religious satanic shills? Nah.

edit on Xx52340431PM54 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

??? You seriously want to hand policing over to a bunch of rival private security firms? Really? That sounds like a great war to start local wars.
What's wrong with private security? If you don't like them you simply don't pay for them. Unlike right now, you're forced to pay for the police, even if they do things you don't like. In a free society you can put your money wherever you want. If a firm has a bad private service they will be unable to survive since they will get no public funding. It's not forced like with the government.

And if Government is gone, who is going to appoint the judges? The public? "Vote for me - I'll prosecute those worthless people who look different in the next valley!" That'll start yet another local war.
So you never heard of private judges then. Again, same thing as above applies. Give good service, you survive, give bad service, people will look for someone else.

The public as the army? Fine. Who organises them? Who equips them? Who makes sure that they don't start shooting each other?
Who makes sure that the police don't start shooting each other?

No local government? What the hell does violence have to do with anything?
Violence is the foundation of any modern government.

I'm talking about the more simple matter of who makes sure that the sewers work, that the lights come on and that there's water in the taps? Who sweeps the roads? Who clears debris from them in the event of a storm?
Did the government invent the sewers? Did the government invent lights? Did the government invent water taps? Did the government invent the roads and road sweepers? The answer to all of these is NO.

The US itself had private roads all over the place before the government took them over. The government is not required for any of these things. The government does nothing else than extract money and expand its own power. The rest, the people do it.

Aside from that, it doesn't matter who will do it. The only thing that matters is that the government is evil and needs to be abolished. You sound just like someone who in the time of slavery would say;
but who would pick our cotton? How will our houses be built without slaves? Who is going to make sure that we will have food? The answer to those questions don't matter. The only thing that matters is that slavery is wrong and needs to be abolished. Just like slavery was seen as normal, the government is currently seen as normal. Anyone who dared speak against slavery was crazy, just like anyone speaking against a government is considered crazy.

Know history, learn the principles, and you will see through the cages.

I'm not saying that the system is perfect. But it's a hell of a lot better than having no system.
Yeah... I'm not saying slavery is perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than having no slavery.

By the way I stopped watching your video when it started hinting that social security is a Ponzi scheme. No.
That's where our 'conversation' stops then. If you're unwilling to finish a simple video, I'm not willing to 'debate' you.

originally posted by: SuperFrog

You can't be serious...

So everyone protecting their own turf... do you know how easy is to overcome enemy who is divided like that?
Who says they are divided? If someone invades Costa Rica, the whole country picks up their weapons and go to war. Why would a country want to invade Costa Rica? If they win against Costa Rica, they wiped everyone out and destroyed everything, so they have to start from scratch. Doesn't sound like a great deal. The easiest way of conquering is invading a hierarchical system that is already there. If you take over the government, you already have the people. You can not take over a people without a government. And since everyone in that country is basically a soldier, there is no strategic place to hit. You can only wipe them out by destroying them and everything else in one go, eliminating whatever it was you wanted in the first place.
edit on 2-5-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Armed militia do not a professional army make..... Remember the scene in 300 where Leonidis asks what the soldiers what there profession is?

I'm the most liberal guy ever and I am still aces with having the best military on the planet. I think billions are stolen trough war funding . But that's something I'm cool with keeping. :p
edit on 2-5-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You seem to think that having lots of money to pay for private roads and private police and so on is the best way to go. Can I ask where the safety net for the poor and retired people is in this anarchist paradise of yours is? Who pays for the bridges by the way? And the maintenance of everything?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You seem to think that having lots of money to pay for private roads and private police and so on is the best way to go. Can I ask where the safety net for the poor and retired people is in this anarchist paradise of yours is? Who pays for the bridges by the way? And the maintenance of everything?

Where is the safety net for the poor and retired people right now? If it's there, why are there so many homeless? You're acting as if our current situation is working better but in reality it's not.

But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion. Do you think I'm entitled to my opinion and am I free to act on it?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Where is the safety net for the poor and retired people right now? If it's there, why are there so many homeless? You're acting as if our current situation is working better but in reality it's not.

But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion. Do you think I'm entitled to my opinion and am I free to act on it?

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion. It's just that I don't think that your ideal anarchist world is very realistic.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Being honest I think really it's about the way conservatives have been marketing.

According to them

Communist = evil

Government = evil

Unions= evil

Welfare= evil

While none of these things are inherently evil... Just like democracy isn't inherently good... It's all decided by who you put in charge. If you put a king author type guy as dictator in a communist country it wouldn't be bad at all. Vote a manic into a democracy and you have a disaster.

I don't know how they get there people to by into this all good, all evil mentality.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join