It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shminkee Pinkee

that depends on if you're talking about theistic Satanists, who are basically Christians anyway because they believe in the same god and evil adversarial aspects preached by Christianity, or LaVeyan Satanism which is an atheistic philosophy that doesn't actually worship any deities at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

How is forcing God upon people freedom? How is not allowing one to come to their own conclusions freedom? How could we bring in anyone from any different cultures when we are declared "God only" culture. God wasn't even in the "pledge of allegiance" from the get go. Putting "God" on money is a terrible and ironic joke. Red, white, and blue should represent the flag of true freedom, not of oppression under Jesus. Is this what Jesus wanted? For humanity to force God down the throat of an unwilling recipient?

I think you need to slow down, and pray to God about what the plan is. God wants people to come to God on their own terms. You cannot create a genuine relationship by forcing someone into it. So unfortunately, having a "free" "Christian" society is impossible - that just doesn't go together. Jesus accepted everyone, and there was no oppression involved. This is a religious, zealot mindset - one that Jesus came to overcome. You sound like a Pharisee - and these were the people Jesus called hypocrites.

If anything, atheists lead more people to Jesus than "Christians" do. They challenge everyones' very beliefs to the CORE. Put yourself to the flame, and see what really comes out afterward. I thank God for atheists, because it drives me to study more and more, and not take anything for granted. I don't easily accept the word from any human without private study, asking others, and hardcore praying.

But something like this is very ignorant. It sounds very southern-9/11-ish. It's no way to reach out to people by stating something like this. Also, do you think Jesus supports war? No offense to veterans, because they can be necessary in the case our country is under attack, but wars of aggression are in no way supported by Jesus... This is hypocritical and war should never be justified by scripture.

Now putting God aside (I seek Jesus daily) - liberty does not involve oppression. It involves knowing humans should be able to make their own choices, even if they destroy their lives. As long as they're not harming others in the process - this is the line that crosses. And being forced to believe something is harming someones private mental habitat.

I also want to make sure I state this - I strongly believe that atheists are just another tool to get more people to hear the word of the Lord. Thank God for atheists.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

Wish I could give you more than one star...

Enjoy that beautiful Minnesota spring!

Cheers and peace!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

To be honest with you, Atheists don't lead the way in any religious topic. Regardless of how anyone feels or what they believe, you are either a "Believer" or a "Disbeliever". I agree that no-one should force religion down anyone's throat and the choice is the individuals but when it comes down to the teachings in all doctrines, religion does make it clear that any "Disbeliever" is the equivalent of Satanic and this includes Atheists regardless of what they think.

Disbeliever, Atheist and Satanic through religious scripture practically mean the exact same thing..

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

So were satanists in your ( or the eyes of scripture if you didn't mean it was your opinion) eyes? But to the atheist in question he has no idea he's a satanist? Occoms razor says all things even the simplest explanation is the truth. That has to be the most complex explication for reality ever.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: vasaga

So just to follow your logic.

Any atheist who voices his opinion on religion is an extremist? But the atheists who shut up and let us spread our christian disinformation are ok.
I didn't say that. Atheists are allowed to voice their opinion. But they are trying to give more people the label atheist, even when the person themselves can not identify as such. That's basically the same as the religious people trying to convert someone to their religion. They even did it to Neil DeGrasse Tyson as shown in this video, and I know a lot of people who have experienced the same thing. And if you don't agree to it you'll get ridicule and scorn in return. That's the difference.

Is anyone who tries to convert some one to Christianity an extremist as well?
If they are willing to use slander if you refuse, yes.

Have you ever been physically attacked in a debate over religion by an atheist?
No, but it hasn't happened to me by a religious person either.

What atheist ever tried to shoot some one because they were religious?
I don't know of any.

Atheism is NOT a religion. I will not die for atheism. I will not kill for atheism. If Jesus shows up on the White House lawn next Monday. Me and every other atheist on the planet are converting...
Uh... Here

When the Big Bang and evolution were confirmed ( they are theories, not hypothesis ,there's a difference learn it) yes ,I said CONFIRMED. Blowing the Christian creation story out of the water. Religions didn't change.
They were not confirmed since inductive logic is inherently uncertain.

As a vocal athiest the reason I care what you believe in. Is I HATE to see y'all brain washed into buying into that garbage. In some cases the delusion does help people live better lives. In others... Not so much. Like the idiots who don't take there kid to the hospital, choosing prayer instead.
I agree with you there.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: tsingtao

The no name imaginary friend isn't my concern, its the people here on earth who claim to act in his name who really think they know what an omnipotent being wants of them that cause me concern. And FYI, as I served with these people, lived with them ate with them, and killed with them...yes I think I in a far better position to know who and what hey were praying to and for where as you are actually the one making presumptions and telling me he was praying for the rest of us. It's B.S. and terribly ignorant on your part. As you claim there are churches being torn down because of atheists could you let us in on the secret and say which ones?

i never said atheists were tearing them down, first of all.

well fine, like i said, you know better.
i'm sure it was every man for himself, but hey.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: tsingtao

Well I grew up in the south and there they had a group prayer over the intercom. That's what the whole pray in school fight was over. When you have athority figures running around spouting about the TRUTH ( which the bible is anything but the literal truth.) then you can't see how it might be hard to differentiate between what is the biblical Jesus TRUTH and real life actual facts. Hell there's a big push amongst conservative to start tracking evolution as a theory and add intellegent design.... In schools.

What are you talking about? "Where ar they doing that"? How about Louisiana and the science education act...aka creationism.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

lol, that sucks for you guys, eh?

what grades? seems things have changed since i graduated in 72'.

www.beliefnet.com...

Murray was known for her role in the landmark 1963 Supreme Court decision in
Murray v. Curlett
, which, combined with
Abington v. Schempp
, ended school prayer in public schools across the U.S. and turned her into the self-described "most hated woman in America."

so you must be a lot older than me?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga

What are you talking about??

Both are proven theories, with large amount of data that supports them.

Your inability or unwillingness to learn about them does not make them any less true or correct.

Here are couple of links for you to educate yourself if you decide to:

10 facts of Darwinian evolution young-earth creationists don’t want to understand

Evolution as fact and theory

What is a Scientific Theory?

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

Big-Bang Model

Late Carl Sagan once said 'I don’t want to believe, I want to know.' This is how I am rising my children, teaching them to question everything, even stuff they learn in school. Teach them to ask.

It is not embarrassing not to know something and to ask for help.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Since most mainstream religions are actually satanistic rituals in disguise of worshiping God, I wouldn't say so. Although, the extreme atheistic movement probably is. Basically, anyone who wants to support the matrix is conceptually a satanist.

What 'extreme atheistic movement'??? Has there ever been an crusade of atheists? Have atheists ever built buildings to atheism? Have atheists ever rammed a book in peoples faces and bellowed at them to repent/convert/listen to the voice of whatever-the-hell-that-person-thinks-exists?
No. Of course not. Don't be silly. I'm an atheists and I just want religious people to leave me alone. I especially want religious nutjobs to leave me the hell alone.

i guess you haven't been on ats for too long.

i feel the same way about atheists.

let's leave each other alone and everything will be cool.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

What are you talking about??

Both are proven theories, with large amount of data that supports them.

Your inability or unwillingness to learn about them does not make them any less true or correct.

Let me just copy from one of my posts in another thread....

Are we aware that science uses inductive reasoning? Let me copy some things about inductive reasoning, and then you'll understand why people are perfectly allowed to disagree [with certain theories], WITHOUT having to be looked at like being ignorant, foolish, creationist, or whatever other label you want to use...

First... From wikipedia:

Inductive reasoning is reasoning in which the premises seek to supply strong evidence for (not absolute proof of) the truth of the conclusion. While the conclusion of a deductive argument is supposed to be certain, the truth of an inductive argument is supposed to be probable, based upon the evidence given.

Inductive reasoning forms the basis of most scientific theories e.g.; Evolution, Big bang theory and Einstein's theory of relativity.

So, whatever theory science is giving us, it is probable, not necessarily the truth. And we'll go on with:

Inductive reasoning is inherently uncertain. It only deals in degrees to which, given the premises, the conclusion is credible according to some theory of evidence

And

Unlike deductive arguments, inductive reasoning allows for the possibility that the conclusion is false, even if all of the premises are true. Instead of being valid or invalid, inductive arguments are either strong or weak, which describes how probable it is that the conclusion is true.

And

Inductive reasoning is also known as hypothesis construction because any conclusions made are based on current knowledge and predictions.

Get it now?
edit on 1-5-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why is it so difficult for religious people to admit they want to live in a religious state? As long as words & rules being forced on people are the same as theirs it's all cool to them.

And to the U.S. soldiers and vets, are you/did you fight for freedom or a particular god? If you said the latter then you're working for the wrong institution.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
- Treaty with Tripoli; Article 11. 1796

This treaty was written under the presidency of George Washington and signed under the presidency of John Adams.

If the U.S. was founded on the Christian religion, the Constitution would clearly say so--but it does not. Nowhere does the Constitution say: "The United States is a Christian Nation", or anything even close to that. In fact, the words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, Creator, Divine, and God" are never mentioned in the Constitution-- not even once.

Founding Fathers

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

I don't know who your reply was for, but I don't want to live in any type of state since any state in inherently evil.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I was replying to the OP.

And by your logic it could be said YOU are inherently evil since states are created and run by humans. I don't think anyone would choose to live in a "state" if they had the option of living on, and being the sole resident/ruler of their own private chunk of land.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

I was replying to the OP.

And by your logic it could be said YOU are inherently evil since states are created and run by humans. I don't think anyone would choose to live in a "state" if they had the option of living on, and being the sole resident/ruler of their own private chunk of land.
Yeah. It's run by humans. Terrorist organizations are also run by humans and are inherently evil. That doesn't mean that every human is evil.

I'm glad you're aware that no one would choose to live in any state. You're close to seeing the state of slavery we are living in.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I don't know who your reply was for, but I don't want to live in any type of state since any state in inherently evil.

So you'd prefer to live in a lawless anarchy then?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The OP has fundamental misunderstandings about Satanism and atheism. Those who identify as a "Satanist" do not believe in a literal devil. Evangelicals and Pentecostals in the 1980s and early-mid 1990s claimed that Satanists were everywhere, hiding in Hollywood, Corporate America, and in small towns, making blood sacrifices, killing babies, molesting children, praying to Satan and considering him to be God, etc... But Satanists don't worship a spirit creature known by Christians as "Satan," they worship the flesh and consider Satan to be nothing but a metaphor for self indulgence and all things fleshly.

Atheism is not a "religion", it is a belief, seemingly founded upon reason, that there is definitely no God or gods, and that nothing supernatural (things outside of what can seen, measured and physically experienced) exists. Although I do believe in God I do not believe in or support organized religion of any sort. Evangelicals do not appeal to reason, they endorse blind faith, which is not actual faith. Because of this, many non-Christians think that a Christian who has "faith" bases it on mere acceptance of that which cannot be proven - often called credulity. Yet, the New Testament definition of "faith" is belief that is based upon evidence acquired through rational thought and the use of reason.

For centuries the Roman Catholic Church, and by extension many Protestants, have believed that it is wrong, even evil, to question faith, creed or dogma because to them it is a sign of a "lack of faith" and this is why so few Christians actually question the beliefs of their church, most of which were only formulated centuries after Jesus died (Christians didn't believe in hellfire, trinity or the inherent immortality of the soul until after creed-making began with the Council of Nicea in 325 AD). In reality questioning beliefs is merely the case of one using their thinking faculties, the brain God gave them, and the support of those verses of the Bible that encourage humans to use logic, reason, and research.
edit on 1-5-2014 by dovdov because: fixed punctuation errors

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Anarchy has two meanings:

1) a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
2) absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal

The 2nd one is the one I propagate, and, the second one does not necessarily entail the first one, unlike what people have been told.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yep, gravity is also a theory, but please don't use inductive reasoning and try to jump from 10 story building believing that scientists might be wrong...

This reminds me of one of Tim Minchin songs, here are the lines:

Science adjusts it's beliefs based on what's observed
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved.

* Tim Minchin - Storm

How would WWII end if everyone believed like you that Anarchy might be good thing and if there was no federal government. Wait, we already know from history what happens with small kingdom once one of them get strong and starts conquest.... wonder how long you would be free...

edit on 1-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Anarchy has two meanings:

1) a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
2) absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal

The 2nd one is the one I propagate, and, the second one does not necessarily entail the first one, unlike what people have been told.

So, no police, no courts, no Armed Forces, no local government, no queues (presumably the person with the biggest fists wins) and no, well, anything else? That's a utopian fantasy. It's never going to work. You have to have some form of Government, or 2) rapidly becomes 1), especially when there's a crisis.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join