It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: tsingtao

The no name imaginary friend isn't my concern, its the people here on earth who claim to act in his name who really think they know what an omnipotent being wants of them that cause me concern. And FYI, as I served with these people, lived with them ate with them, and killed with them...yes I think I in a far better position to know who and what hey were praying to and for where as you are actually the one making presumptions and telling me he was praying for the rest of us. It's B.S. and terribly ignorant on your part. As you claim there are churches being torn down because of atheists could you let us in on the secret and say which ones?

I haven't been keeping up on the post, mainly because it ruins my day. but in China and the middle east Christianity is under attack,

china

China cracks down on Christianity, demolishing church that symbolized resistance to Communists’ grip on religion
news.nationalpost.com... /

The Middle East may be the birthplace of three monotheistic religions, but some Arab nations appear bent on making it the burial ground for one of them. For 2,000 years, Christian communities dotted the region, enriching the Arab world with literature, culture and commerce. At the turn of the 20th century, Christians made up 26% of the Middle East's population. Today, that figure has dwindled to less than 10%. Intolerant and extremist governments are driving away the Christian communities that have lived in the Middle East since their faith was born.

In the rubble of Syrian cities like Aleppo and Damascus, Christians who refused to convert to Islam have been kidnapped, shot and beheaded by Islamist opposition fighters. In Egypt, mobs of Muslim Brotherhood members burn Coptic Christian churches in the same way they once obliterated Jewish synagogues. And in Iraq, terrorists deliberately target Christian worshippers. This past Christmas, 26 people were killed when a bomb ripped through a crowd of worshipers leaving a church in Baghdad's southern Dora neighborhood.

Christians are losing their lives, liberties, businesses and their houses of worship across the Middle East. It is little wonder that native Christians have sought refuge in neighboring countries—yet in many cases they find themselves equally unwelcome. Over the past 10 years, nearly two-thirds of Iraq's 1.5 million Christians have been driven from their homes. Many settled in Syria before once again becoming victims of unrelenting persecution. Syria's Christian population has dropped from 30% in the 1920s to less than 10% today.

online.wsj.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 093030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You mean the Arab nations are demonizing Christians in the same way a lot of Christians demonize muslims????? No way..... That's not fair....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: vasaga
Since most mainstream religions are actually satanistic rituals in disguise of worshiping God, I wouldn't say so. Although, the extreme atheistic movement probably is. Basically, anyone who wants to support the matrix is conceptually a satanist.

What 'extreme atheistic movement'??? Has there ever been an crusade of atheists? Have atheists ever built buildings to atheism? Have atheists ever rammed a book in peoples faces and bellowed at them to repent/convert/listen to the voice of whatever-the-hell-that-person-thinks-exists?
No. Of course not. Don't be silly. I'm an atheists and I just want religious people to leave me alone. I especially want religious nutjobs to leave me the hell alone.
One only needs to go in these forums to see crusading of atheists. Also, here's an example of people wanting to tell Neil DeGrasse Tyson that he's an atheist without his consent, which is simply a basic form a crusading:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Since most mainstream religions are actually satanistic rituals in disguise of worshiping God, I wouldn't say so. Although, the extreme atheistic movement probably is. Basically, anyone who wants to support the matrix is conceptually a satanist.

What 'extreme atheistic movement'??? Has there ever been an crusade of atheists? Have atheists ever built buildings to atheism? Have atheists ever rammed a book in peoples faces and bellowed at them to repent/convert/listen to the voice of whatever-the-hell-that-person-thinks-exists?
No. Of course not. Don't be silly. I'm an atheists and I just want religious people to leave me alone. I especially want religious nutjobs to leave me the hell alone.
One only needs to go in these forums to see crusading of atheists. Also, here's an example of people wanting to tell Neil DeGrasse Tyson that he's an atheist without his consent, which is simply a basic form a crusading:

You're avoiding the point. Comments on forums like this are not crusading. Crusades tend to involve large public movements of heavily armoured people on horses that tend to end up in burning cities. Go look up the First Crusade to see what I'm talking about. Have you ever seen large scale pro-atheist marches? Ever?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

You mean the Arab nations are demonizing Christians in the same way a lot of Christians demonize muslims????? No way..... That's not fair....

So you think it is ok?

That's what I figured.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Shminkee Pinkee

you're 100% correct. However, in the worldview of many alleged Christians(alleged because their actions are in direct, hypocritical contradiction to their teachings)their version of reality is the ONLY true way so anything that opposes it is satanic in their eyes. So much for tolerance and turning the other cheek right? The ones crying the loudest about Christianity being under attack by evil secularists/Satanists think they're todays version of early period martyrs.

You lump all Christians in the same catagory

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You're avoiding the point. Comments on forums like this are not crusading. Crusades tend to involve large public movements of heavily armoured people on horses that tend to end up in burning cities. Go look up the First Crusade to see what I'm talking about. Have you ever seen large scale pro-atheist marches? Ever?
I did not avoid any point. You're simply fighting with all your being to not see the similarities between the growing atheistic movement and the religious movement. Also note that the brain doesn't know the difference between emotional abuse and physical abuse.

Let me ask you this. If everyone in the world became atheistic, would all wars stop?

And also, the definition of crusading:
lead or take part in an energetic and organized campaign concerning a social, political, or religious issue.
edit on 30-4-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The Soviet regime was ostensibly committed to the complete annihilation of religious institutions and ideas.[10] Militant atheism was central to the ideology of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union[11] and a high priority of all Soviet leaders.[3] Convinced atheists were considered to be more virtuous individuals than those of religious belief.[3]

DEMOCIDE:
www.hawaii.edu...

The Soviet regime was ostensibly committed to the complete annihilation of religious institutions and ideas.[10] Militant atheism was central to the ideology of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union[11] and a high priority of all Soviet leaders.[3] Convinced atheists were considered to be more virtuous individuals than those of religious belief.[3]

Mass killings under Communist regimes
en.wikipedia.org...

You think it can't happen here?
I think it can, and I think it will.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: vasaga

With this understanding of democide, Table 1 lists all communist governments that have committed any form of democide and gives their estimated total domestic and foreign democide and its annual rate (the percent of a government's domestic population murdered per year). It also shows the total for communist guerrillas (including quasi-governments, as of the Mao soviets in China prior to the communist victory in 1949) and the world total for all governments and guerillas (including such quasi-governments as of the White Armies during the Russian civil war in 1917-1922). Figure 1 graphs the communist megamurderers and compares this to the communist and world totals.

From 1945 and up to 1987, about 76,000,000 people have been murdered in cold blood by one regime or another, around thirteen times the number of Jews murdered in the Holocaust. Most of this democide has been done for political reasons (reasons of state or power), but also much of it has been outright genocide (the killing of people by virtue of their ethnicity, race, religion, or nationality--for the difference between democide and genocide, click here). From 1900 to 1987, about 39,000,000 people, including Jews in the Holocaust, were killed in genocide throughout the world. I do not have a break down of this total for the post-WWII years, but it seems that the proportion of genocide to overall democide has remained roughly the same. If so, genocide since the war possibly accounted for near 20,000,000 of those murdered.

The greatest source of post-war democide was communism (see the communist death toll). During and after the war communists seized power, or came to power with the help of Soviet military might, as in Eastern Europe. In addition to the USSR, Mongolia, Eastern European regimes, East Germany, and Czechoslovakia, communist regimes eventually also included China, North Korea, North Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Cuba, Grenada, Afghanistan, Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Nicaragua, and South Yemen, or 26 regimes in all. These communist governments and the communist guerrillas they supported in other countries account for about 66,000,000 of the 76,000,000 murdered since the war, or about 87 percent. Clearly, of all regimes, communist ones have been by far the greatest killer. During these years it has been mostly death by Marxism than more generally by government.

www.hawaii.edu...

The greatest source of post-war democide was communism
edit on 093030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: vasagaI did not avoid any point. You're simply fighting with all your being to not see the similarities between the growing atheistic movement and the religious movement. Also note that the brain doesn't know the difference between emotional abuse and physical abuse.

Let me ask you this. If everyone in the world became atheistic, would all wars stop?

lead or take part in an energetic and organized campaign concerning a social, political, or religious issue.

Of course all wars would not stop. But there would fewer stupid wars fought over which bronze-age religion is better for some people that others. And I really don't think that you understand atheists. I'm an atheist. Do I believe that I'm smarter than anyone? No, or course not. Does being an atheist make me better than other people? No, of course not. Do I go on mass marches waving my anti-bible? No, of course not. Do I want to convert other people by preaching at them? No, of course not. If you can't have a peaceful discussion then don't bother talking to people about religion. Do I want to stuff my beliefs into the lives of other people? No, of course not. I just want to be left alone to not worship any god, deity or other construct thought up by a man with a chicken on his head.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So you're connecting Communism and Atheism, even those 2 things have nothing to do with each other.

Also, are you trying to claim that Soviet regime killed all those people because they were not Atheist or because of some 'atheist' belief, witch is btw just none-sense.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Because you have people willing and excited to die for there god. Religion has always been a threat to governments. Federal laws don't count compared to "gods" law to them. Punishments aren't gonna stop them from mass murder because they have 72 virgins or heaven waiting on them in the afterlife.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Homie must be yet another brainwashed conservative.....only in right wing world is calling someone a communist the defacto win in a debate..... No matter how communist or not they are.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
very true, but Santanists are a completely different kettle of fish to atheists
a reply to: peter vlar

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vasagaI did not avoid any point. You're simply fighting with all your being to not see the similarities between the growing atheistic movement and the religious movement. Also note that the brain doesn't know the difference between emotional abuse and physical abuse.

Of course all wars would not stop. But there would fewer stupid wars fought over which bronze-age religion is better for some people that others.
Those types of wars were never really about religion. They were about power of the empire. The religion was simply used so that the masses would support the empire and fight for them in wars. Not really that different from what's happening now with the US.

And I really don't think that you understand atheists. I'm an atheist. Do I believe that I'm smarter than anyone? No, or course not. Does being an atheist make me better than other people? No, of course not. Do I go on mass marches waving my anti-bible? No, of course not. Do I want to convert other people by preaching at them? No, of course not. If you can't have a peaceful discussion then don't bother talking to people about religion. Do I want to stuff my beliefs into the lives of other people? No, of course not. I just want to be left alone to not worship any god, deity or other construct thought up by a man with a chicken on his head.
That's fine with me. I understand atheists just fine. I know the difference between a simple atheist and an extreme atheist. The majority of atheists are simple ones. The vocal few are extreme atheists who make all atheists look like violent religion-haters who will shoot any religious person if they could.

There are quite a few extreme atheists in these forums btw...
edit on 30-4-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vasaga

So just to follow your logic.

Any atheist who voices his opinion on religion is an extremist? But the atheists who shut up and let us spread our christian disinformation are ok.

Is anyone who tries to convert some one to Christianity an extremist as well?

Have you ever been physically attacked in a debate over religion by an atheist?

What atheist ever tried to shoot some one because they were religious?

Atheism is NOT a religion. I will not die for atheism. I will not kill for atheism. If Jesus shows up on the White House lawn next Monday. Me and every other atheist on the planet are converting.... When the Big Bang and evolution were confirmed ( they are theories, not hypothesis ,there's a difference learn it) yes ,I said CONFIRMED. Blowing the Christian creation story out of the water. Religions didn't change.

As a vocal athiest the reason I care what you believe in. Is I HATE to see y'all brain washed into buying into that garbage. In some cases the delusion does help people live better lives. In others... Not so much. Like the idiots who don't take there kid to the hospital, choosing prayer instead.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Of course all wars would not stop. But there would fewer stupid wars fought over which bronze-age religion is better for some people that others.
Those types of wars were never really about religion. They were about power of the empire. The religion was simply used so that the masses would support the empire and fight for them in wars. Not really that different from what's happening now with the US.

And I really don't think that you understand atheists. I'm an atheist. Do I believe that I'm smarter than anyone? No, or course not. Does being an atheist make me better than other people? No, of course not. Do I go on mass marches waving my anti-bible? No, of course not. Do I want to convert other people by preaching at them? No, of course not. If you can't have a peaceful discussion then don't bother talking to people about religion. Do I want to stuff my beliefs into the lives of other people? No, of course not. I just want to be left alone to not worship any god, deity or other construct thought up by a man with a chicken on his head.
That's fine with me. I understand atheists just fine. I know the difference between a simple atheist and an extreme atheist. The majority of atheists are simple ones. The vocal few are extreme atheists who make all atheists look like violent religion-haters who will shoot any religious person if they could.

I still find your use of the words 'extreme atheist' baffling. It's like using the phrase 'militant atheist'. It makes no sense. I'm simply an atheist and I've never encountered any other form of atheism. I think that these days only Fox News uses the phrase and that's because they don't know what it means.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I still find your use of the words 'extreme atheist' baffling. It's like using the phrase 'militant atheist'. It makes no sense. I'm simply an atheist and I've never encountered any other form of atheism. I think that these days only Fox News uses the phrase and that's because they don't know what it means.

I second your opinion. I see people using both phrases over and over on ATS, apparently without knowing that they don't make any sense.

In my opinion, what they are trying it just to identify atheism with something dangerous, similar to other extreme religions.

I wonder if David Silverman is 'militant atheist' because he does not like to keep quiet about what he thinks about religion and use of religious symbols in public space.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

According to homie any one brave enough to mention it is extreme. Let alone if you point out the craziness in his

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

how so? it says many, not all. and it is based on personal my experience both in the church and after I left it.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join