It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: tsingtao

Because it's brain washing our children. When schools where you send your child to learn facts have daily prayers and teachers who try and "save" there students . Then for a child it's really hard to differentiate between fact and fiction.

Y'all think it's the truth! So it's better for them to know about Jesus. Those of us that don't buy into that garbage. Think of it as brain washing our kids and pressing your beliefs on them.

You wouldn't send your child to a school that prayed to satan everyday. That's exactly how we feel.

ok, where the heck are these schools that do that?
i went to school through the 60's. i don't remember anything like what you describe.

we said the pledge and had a moment of silence. no biggie.
of course it was in MA btw.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: tsingtao

ok, that guy kissing his cross and praying, was for his friends and comrades, not himself.

I'm not sure what's worse, your presumptuousness or the ignorance of your statement. I was there, I know exactly why chicken s__t was praying and it wasnt for the atheist making sure their butt made it home to mommy. The primadonna was worried abut one thing and one thing only. when I can hear them screaming 'Jesus save me' over incoming mortars its not about protecting anyone except for their own sorry ass.

you give some cover fire, what did it take? 4 rounds?

Please don't demean my service with your cognitive disconnect and preponderance of ignorance. You don't have a damned clue what you're talking about where I served or what I've been through. I hope that high horse gives you a chaffing problem.

you are here posting. yes, it's all drama. glad you made it out.

Normally I'd say thanks but with your condescension and facetious rhetoric ill save it.

i don't agree it's a cover for satanism. it's a separate thing.

It's the topic of the thread, not sure how you seperate it but whatever works for you.

but the correlation of pushing God out of the picture is too hard to discount.

Not the topic of the thread at all and nobody is pushing god out of anywhere the concept belongs. Is there a monitor in your home that sends an alert to the appropriate authorities if you're caught praying? Is there a demolition crew at your church waiting to tear it down? Did they close down Jesus camp? Then nobody is trying to deny you access to whatever deity you find comfort in. It's a giant steaming pile of poop this persecution complex Christians have. Stop judging everyone, its not what your book teaches. The vast majority of you are such die hard hypocrites I can only scratch my head and wonder what bible they're actually reading from.

ok, you know why he was praying. got it.
being under fire is probably very scary, no doubt.
if he was curled up in a ball and praying through the whole firefight, then he should be brought up on charges.
not sure if cowardliness under fire is still on the books, sorry, never got to serve.
they stopped the draft when i was old enough to be drafted. had a 320 service # anyway. (nam)
my dad was a korean vet, purple heart. so i'm no bleeding heart.
i ran bbq's for the vfw in the 80's. had korean and ww2 friends also. hard not to know any, in the 60's and 70's.
mostly nam and korean vets, never heard them say anything against the religious, in fact just the opposite. all who fought basically said "thank God i made it back"

i wasn't looking for thanks. just truly meant it.

i don't agree with the OP and it is a separate issue, imo.

lastly, nope, no one is tearing down my church, i am fortunate.
100miles north is a different story, tho, along with some other places in the world.

and the judgment meme is a pile of crap too, the only one we should worry about is God and His judgment.
meh, if you don't believe, no problem, right?
why worry about what some no name stranger thinks?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The no name imaginary friend isn't my concern, its the people here on earth who claim to act in his name who really think they know what an omnipotent being wants of them that cause me concern. And FYI, as I served with these people, lived with them ate with them, and killed with them...yes I think I in a far better position to know who and what hey were praying to and for where as you are actually the one making presumptions and telling me he was praying for the rest of us. It's B.S. and terribly ignorant on your part. As you claim there are churches being torn down because of atheists could you let us in on the secret and say which ones?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: gusdynamite

That logic is so, so flawed. Burden of proof is ALWAYS on the accuser. A negative cannot be proven.

Until one religious person can show a single shred of evidence to back their claims, they remain identifiably false.

No, it's not flawed logic. What I know is different to what you know and just because I personally think religious people are insane - doesn't actually mean they're wrong.

I stand by my initial claim that it is impossible to know and I'd like you to tell me how that logic is flawed.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
a reply to: Artlogic

Ahh Thank You

Artlogic !

Love it ! that post of the Deity List

Exactlly .

Especaily a Nation a Melting Pot of other Nations and Cultures & Race, we call America

The Best Answer is Private School of a Religion ypu choose.

Not a Public School .

But Not this Summer School CAMP !

America is in Trouble for this kind of thing

You're most welcome Wolfenz

edit on 28 2014 by Artlogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
How can you be an Atheist and a Satanist, if you are an atheist you don't believe in Satan either, as he is also a fictional character, so you must just be an a Satanist?
a reply to: Hecate666

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: jimmyx

Well unless it was very WELL reasoned and WELL sourced, I'd imagine that it would be locked pretty quickly with the OP banned for trolling, but I see what you are getting at.

and yet....this thread isn't. I think it is improbable, maybe impossible for believers to understand why atheists don't believe in mythical beings

Yes, like I said, I'm aware of what you are getting at. Christians are so quick to adopt the persecution complex that it is hard to criticize the religion and you have to go about it carefully and well informed. Meanwhile, it is perfectly fine to criticize non-believers while using a poorly formed and ignorant opinion to do so.

maybe it's because the idiots don't have a thing to hang their hats on? just stupidity.

how about that?

christians are under seige, the barbarians at the gate, are not.

when countered they scatter like roaches.

run away!! run away!!

you need to write a book, like a bible. yeah, lol.
should be a fun read.

let it stew for a couple 1000yrs.

Thanks for proving my point buddy.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well I grew up in the south and there they had a group prayer over the intercom. That's what the whole pray in school fight was over. When you have athority figures running around spouting about the TRUTH ( which the bible is anything but the literal truth.) then you can't see how it might be hard to differentiate between what is the biblical Jesus TRUTH and real life actual facts. Hell there's a big push amongst conservative to start tracking evolution as a theory and add intellegent design.... In schools.

What are you talking about? "Where ar they doing that"? How about Louisiana and the science education act...aka creationism.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Apologies, Im not quite sure how that response got directed at you, it was meant for another poster. Feel free to disregard.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shminkee Pinkee

you're 100% correct. However, in the worldview of many alleged Christians(alleged because their actions are in direct, hypocritical contradiction to their teachings)their version of reality is the ONLY true way so anything that opposes it is satanic in their eyes. So much for tolerance and turning the other cheek right? The ones crying the loudest about Christianity being under attack by evil secularists/Satanists think they're todays version of early period martyrs.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

Apologies, Im not quite sure how that response got directed at you, it was meant for another poster. Feel free to disregard.
Don't even mention it. We were mostly on the same page, anyway and there's nothing wrong with passion in a debate about this stuff. It forces honesty sort of like too much liquor :p

All the best!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: smithjustinb

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

I feel like I'm watching an episode of All in the Family when I read this part.

The doctrines of this country were made by people who believed in GOD

They were also made by people who believed that slavery was okay too. So, is slavery still okay?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

They were also made by people who believed that slavery was okay too. So, is slavery still okay?

maxen2004 is simply stating the reality. Communist Atheists will just have to suck it up on this one.
edit on 30-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

edit on 30-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Sremmos80

a reply to: DietJoke

A family in New Jersey is suing a school district because they say the words "Under God" violates the state constitution.

This is why I think it's political, so please give me a break.

Thanks

Seems like they would have a point. Separation of church and state. If you want god taught in your school then find a private school that fits your belief

Where in the Constitution does it say, "Separation of church and state?"

It doesn't say that but it does say nothing will be passed that respects the establishment of religion.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The first amendment simply states that government will not establish a state religion.

I haven't seen anyone from government saying to believe one way specifically.

Unless you're talking about the cult of government, that is.

It says nothing about a state religion it says the establishment of religion. That is far different from the state setting up a religion.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Since most mainstream religions are actually satanistic rituals in disguise of worshiping God, I wouldn't say so. Although, the extreme atheistic movement probably is. Basically, anyone who wants to support the matrix is conceptually a satanist.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: okamitengu

Except when you remove God, you are teaching your atheism to MY kid. Oh, the humanity. See, I don't care about you, either, until you start teaching it to my kids.

Who agreed to make atheism the default?

The founding fathers did. If you want your child taught in a religious environment then send your kid to a school that has that environment.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga
Since most mainstream religions are actually satanistic rituals in disguise of worshiping God, I wouldn't say so. Although, the extreme atheistic movement probably is. Basically, anyone who wants to support the matrix is conceptually a satanist.

What 'extreme atheistic movement'??? Has there ever been an crusade of atheists? Have atheists ever built buildings to atheism? Have atheists ever rammed a book in peoples faces and bellowed at them to repent/convert/listen to the voice of whatever-the-hell-that-person-thinks-exists?
No. Of course not. Don't be silly. I'm an atheists and I just want religious people to leave me alone. I especially want religious nutjobs to leave me the hell alone.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

maxen2004 is simply stating the reality. Communist Atheists will just have to suck it up on this one.

You really think that all atheists are communists? Seriously?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join