It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Might have been previously mentioned but there is no such thing as a satanist. All the satanic organizations that I have ever heard of are athiest groups thumbing there nose at the establishment... Christianity.

So the idea of cults ( or world leaders lmao) worshipping the Christian anti deity are just marketing by Christians for Christians.

Now I'm sure you can point to one or two idiots and there small group of friends that have made up some pro- lucifer stories. But that doesn't equate to an under world of devil worshippers trying to bring about the end of the world. Alister Crowley was the father of the modern church of satan... Guess what? He's an anarchist athiest..and he quite literally wrote the book on satanism.

Since Christians believe in all this garbage, it makes complete sense to them that that's how the world works. For some reason tho they can't even imagine a world that doesn't work like that. Since birth they've been told ignore logic and reason and anything that makes you doubt is the devil!! Sometime it takes awhile to undo the brain washing.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

The reason they can't deal with seperating of church and state is because they believe there religion is the truth and the world is a lie perpetrated by the devil.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: deadeyedick

On the side that accepts positive and negative does not matter. From there energy is just energy.
You are not making any sense whatsoever. Basically, you are saying that you can be an evil, deceitful person and hurt as many people as you want on this side, so long as you are a believer.

As I said in another thread, sounds a lot more like satan than christ, to me. You have revealed yourself.

If you think i'm satan then at least we can take you out of the unbeliever catorgory now. I would have to say you are just pissed at GOD and you know full well he exist.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

I am going to point out a very fundamental flaw in this logic. Not all Satanists worship Satan or "The Devil". In fact, there are two branches of Satanism. The first branch is Spiritual Satanism, which is reverence for both the Archangel Lucifer and Prometheus. Both were figures who sought to defy their superiors to help others(whether it be the other angels in Lucifer's case or humanity in the case of Prometheus). Both are revered in that form because of their self reliant qualities and their decision to defy their boss to help others, no matter the consequences they would suffer.

The other branch, is Atheistic Satanism, or LaVeyan Satanism. This is the more common belief you will see in those who proclaim themselves to be Satanists. Its ideals and philosophies are based on individualism, free thought, skepticism, atheism, epicurean-ism and "eye for an eye" view on the world. This form of Satanism has nothing to do with "Devil worship". It simply uses the character of Satan/Lucifer or Prometheus as a symbolic representation of its ideals borrowed from another religion and re-purposed for this cause. Now before you condemn the adoption of practices, figures or ideals from other faiths please refer to your own to ensure there are no examples of this within your own(if you think the Abrahamic faiths are safe, please refer to your bible and then fables and practices from pagan faiths). The majority of faith systems are guilty of that. That said, Satanism has very little to do with the Satan the villain and more to do with the underlying principles he inadvertently expressed in the stories of him.

Now that that has been set straight I would like to close with saying I am not a Satanist, simply a fair scholar of all faiths and religions who had to set the playing field evenly. Here is some light reading on the subject for those interested.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

Religious belief has absolutely nothing to do with government ideology.

Atheists are actively against religious beliefs because they are unscientific. They are active supporters of truth and are actively against what is false. Believing in God has no real basis in reality other than personal experience, which educated people know, is not a representation of truth.

The doctrines of this country were made by people who believed in GOD, it is the heart of this countries soul. This country has fought for this ideal and it has helped the U.S. win. Is this some type of erosion?

Well it's a tough topic, I won't say I agree with you, but I respect it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
a reply to: tsingtao

Probably the same as the benefits of worshiping the christian god...

I really have no idea, people will worship anything they believe they can win favors from.

I know that some satanists don't believe in lucifer as the bible portrays him. Even in the bible itself lucifer only follows the path god designed for him. On top of that he didn't randomly murder and curse people on a regular basis lie the god of the old testament. Looking at it from that point of view it makes more sense to worship him than god lol.

oy! wasn't lucifer the reason God did all that?

seriously.

from adam and eve on.

anyway....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: tsingtao

positions meaning your a$$?

yeah, you are right on about the majority not speaking up.
that's why the crisp banter here on ATS.

Speaking in general, yes our collective behinds but more specifically, if I was in the field and taking fire, I didn't have time to babysit someone who needed to pull out the cross around their neck to kiss it and say a quick prayer or beg their personal deity to protect them for harm because while they weren't focusing, those of us that were ended up being their protection.

It probably came off far more dramatized than I meant it to because it wasnt something that happened every time I was under fire or even often, but it did happen and even once was too many times when it was my life on the line because my fire team was down one man. Even if it was only 30 seconds that they were not focused on our objective it was too long and risked lives.i lost a good friend once because a guy who was way too green lost it and literally put his hands over his head and started belting out the Our Father at the top of his lungs.

I have no problem with people of faith, I was raised catholic, all of my family is catholic, I went to catholic school and am still friends with many people from there who are also catholic. Hell, my dog tags said catholic when I first enlisted because black then there was literally no tolerance for someone without faith.

I was and still am friends with many very devout, southern evangelical types from basic and from being stationed in Georgia as long as I was you just couldn't escape the reality of it. The vast majority were amazing, compassionate people who acted like Christians. I.e. they actually followed the teachings of Christ as outlined in the NT as opposed to what I refer to as Sunday Morning Christian's who were far more interested in bragging about their love for Jesus while skipping the NT and espousing anachronistic, misogynistic and homophobic elements of the OT. We've all seen them, they're the ones that when they commit some heinous crime the police and community are in shock because"they were good Christian folk who went to church every Sunday". They cherry picked the portions of the bible that suited their political ideologies as opposed to mapping their political ideologies around what it should have meant to be good Christians.

But again, its a minority who are of that nature. It is however not the minority who seems to equate atheism or agnosticism with being of Satan or trying to remove god and Christianity from the face of the earth. Despite their contempt and animosity towards me I would still gladly stand up for and support their right to espouse whatever ideals they choose to. It's the double edged sword of the first amendment. If you want to have your rights protected you need to be willing to protect their rights in return whether you agree with them or not. That back and forth of free speech is what allows us to enjoy open debate on forums such as ATS and you have to be willing to take the good with the bad sort of like the KKK in Skokie Illinois 1977 being allowed to march through a predominantly Jewish area in full hooded regalia.

ok, that guy kissing his cross and praying, was for his friends and comrades, not himself.

you give some cover fire, what did it take? 4 rounds?

you are here posting. yes, it's all drama. glad you made it out.

i don't agree it's a cover for satanism. it's a separate thing.

but the correlation of pushing God out of the picture is too hard to discount.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: rickynews
Tell me...

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul ?

What does it profit a man to waste his whole life on religion and hatred in the hope of some "reward" in the afterlife, rather than enjoying the beauty and wonder of existence in this life?

hatred?

reward? like after you die?

well make sure you get your "rewards" now!

if i can't take it with me, i ain't going!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
If people want to believe in God, Allah, Buddha, Yahweh, or whatever, they can surely do it in the comfort of their own homes and churches/temples, can't they? Why do religious people constantly need validation from courts, schools, governments, sporting events, and other public displays? If you were all as confident in your beliefs as you say you are you wouldn't need validation and reassurance from any outside authority.

When you start putting god on display for everyone to see and shoving religion in the faces of the general public, who are you trying to convince it exists? Everyone else? Or yourself? I think most of your type have some doubts deep down and need the general masses and various forms of authority to reassure you.

why do people want to shut it down when they don't even believe?

why? makes no sense. i see ads for feminine products that i don't use. so friggin what! wtf?
why would i want to stiffle something i don't even use or care about? let alone someones right to see and use it?

it blows my mind. i don't drink coke or pepsi, yet they are everywhere.

you people are summers eve to me. lol!

tell me how it's different?
because it's big bad scary religion?

edit on 3031514930pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Because it's brain washing our children. When schools where you send your child to learn facts have daily prayers and teachers who try and "save" there students . Then for a child it's really hard to differentiate between fact and fiction.

Y'all think it's the truth! So it's better for them to know about Jesus. Those of us that don't buy into that garbage. Think of it as brain washing our kids and pressing your beliefs on them.

You wouldn't send your child to a school that prayed to satan everyday. That's exactly how we feel.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

why? makes no sense. i see ads for feminine products that i don't use. so friggin what! wtf?
why would i want to stiffle something i don't even use or care about? let alone someones right to see and use it?

Maybe, just maybe, it's because Coke, Pepsi and sanitary towel adverts are not part of the school curriculum?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: smithjustinb

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

No, it's not and your statement is absurd. Have you ever stopped to wonder whether that god in America is what is dragging the place down?

There are many factors in the downfall of the USA, but religion is right up at the top of the list.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

Not just that but the evangelical movement in America is only a little over 100 years old. The founding fathers wanted a seperating of church and state. Hell honest Abe voted against making Christmas a federal holiday, but what does be know..

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

And now you're proving you lack comprehension skills.

I never said you were satan. I dont believe in satan.

I said what you are doing sounds a lot more satan-like than christ-like.

You are an evil, deceitful person.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

You keep making this fallacious claim. Please, tell us the definition of communism, and how it has anything to do with your god, or any other, for that matter.

This is nothing but hyperbole.

The doctrines of this country were made by people who believed in GOD, it is the heart of this countries soul. This country has fought for this ideal and it has helped the U.S. win. Is this some type of erosion?
This is just moronic. This country was founded on RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, not on the idea that one religion should rule.

Good lord, i cant even fathom this type of BS.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

That logic is so, so flawed. Burden of proof is ALWAYS on the accuser. A negative cannot be proven.

Until one religious person can show a single shred of evidence to back their claims, they remain identifiably false.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

why do people want to shut it down when they don't even believe?

Star!!

What a wonderfully original way to state your case.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

It has to do with communism because in right wing world if you call someone a communist it means you don't have to debate them.... It's there version of the race card.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You believe in an imaginary friend I'm OK with that, I don't, does that mean I believe in the opposite force of your imaginary friend, simply no because I myself prefer to not believe in deities, imaginary friends, mystic sky wizards or magician sons of any sort.

You imply that when I developed cognitive thinking and started to question the imagination of the book believers that I became all sorts of evil, that because you have a god that presides over your baseball & football games, and is part of a poem you teach your children and make them recite, that your "GOD" the "GOD" is "GOD" and non should question this deities existence. And you sir you can continue to believe so, hence the freedom you were a corporate "tool" murdering people in foreign lands to protect.

But at the end of the day, as a freethinker who looks for plausible answers, not hokum from a book written by men, when so many other similar books exist, preaching the same yet different spiel giving their fictional deity power over all others. I'm going to continue to look for answers to unanswerable questions and you, you can continue to use you freedom to argue till you reach the inevitable dirt from which you came over who has the "Best imaginary friend"

Afterall that's your "GOD" given right!!! still chuckling a satanist far reaching but worthy of a reply loving it

SaneThinking

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

ok, that guy kissing his cross and praying, was for his friends and comrades, not himself.

I'm not sure what's worse, your presumptuousness or the ignorance of your statement. I was there, I know exactly why chicken s__t was praying and it wasnt for the atheist making sure their butt made it home to mommy. The primadonna was worried abut one thing and one thing only. when I can hear them screaming 'Jesus save me' over incoming mortars its not about protecting anyone except for their own sorry ass.

you give some cover fire, what did it take? 4 rounds?

Please don't demean my service with your cognitive disconnect and preponderance of ignorance. You don't have a damned clue what you're talking about where I served or what I've been through. I hope that high horse gives you a chaffing problem.

you are here posting. yes, it's all drama. glad you made it out.

Normally I'd say thanks but with your condescension and facetious rhetoric ill save it.

i don't agree it's a cover for satanism. it's a separate thing.

It's the topic of the thread, not sure how you seperate it but whatever works for you.

but the correlation of pushing God out of the picture is too hard to discount.

Not the topic of the thread at all and nobody is pushing god out of anywhere the concept belongs. Is there a monitor in your home that sends an alert to the appropriate authorities if you're caught praying? Is there a demolition crew at your church waiting to tear it down? Did they close down Jesus camp? Then nobody is trying to deny you access to whatever deity you find comfort in. It's a giant steaming pile of poop this persecution complex Christians have. Stop judging everyone, its not what your book teaches. The vast majority of you are such die hard hypocrites I can only scratch my head and wonder what bible they're actually reading from.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join