It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The first amendment simply states that government will not establish a state religion.

I haven't seen anyone from government saying to believe one way specifically.

Unless you're talking about the cult of government, that is.

When government uses religious texts, documents, scriptures, imagery, and dogma in their day to day business, it is establishing that religion as a state religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: WhiteAlice

There are Satanists calling themselves Atheists, it makes it easier for them.

Please PROVE that!

So far you have provided nothing but unfounded conjecture!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The first amendment simply states that government will not establish a state religion.

But having "god" in publicly-funded schools is a form of endorsement for a religion. If it said "under a god" or "under divinity" or something non-specific, that might be a bit better but atheists might still have a problem with it.

Personally, it doesn't bother me but I totally get why it bothers others.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

I love to go to baseball, hockey or football games and be humbled by our red, white and blue as everyone repeats under God. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too love seeing intoxicated grown men in face paint and team jerseys repeating "under god" seconds prior to screaming obscenities at the top of their lungs before getting in a fight in a parking lot.

CJ

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Satanists... I know this is a conspiracy sight so should expect posts like this. But you sound like the kind of person who refuse children life saving medicine because it's witchcraft.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
President Thomas Jefferson - "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

President Thomas Jefferson - "Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies."

Abraham Lincoln - "The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession."

Thomas Paine - "All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

C'mon man. Founded on God and Christianity? It's all about control. Saying athiests are undercover satanists is a bit of a reach.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

I love to go to baseball, hockey or football games and be humbled by our red, white and blue as everyone repeats under God. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too love seeing intoxicated grown men in face paint and team jerseys repeating "under god" seconds prior to screaming obscenities at the top of their lungs before getting in a fight in a parking lot.

CJ

Yeah... you would think Christians would want their god out of politics and sports. Both seem like things Jesus would scorn.

If I were a Christian, I would be complaining about the "under god" and "god in school" arguments, too. I wouldn't want my god to be associated with nor blamed for this nation. But if they insist, I'll blame our nations atrocities on their god.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

But having "god" in publicly-funded schools is a form of endorsement for a religion. If it said "under a god" or "under divinity" or something non-specific, that might be a bit better but atheists might still have a problem with it.

I don't know why faith has so many so bothered, honestly.

If you don't want to believe a certain way, then don't.

But I disagree when people TELL me what I should believe, or not.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I have no problems with "Under the Universe" as God is Omnipresent ... everywhere ... even in the hearts of atheists and satanists if one is really ruthless with the meanings and definitions that words have.

And I think that atheists would have no problems with that either!

Any atheists want to confirm or deny that

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I wish people realized the only reason that God is in ANY kind of lawful document is that it was the ONLY way to keep monarchs from deciding they could take your rights.

Here's how that worked for hiearchy.

1.God
2. Church
3. Monarchs
4. Nobles
5. Peasents

The only way to convince the 4 above the 5th that they weren't entitled to controlling people, was to all agree that the rights provided by those legal documents were give, by the HIGHEST AUTHORITY KNOWN TO MAN ( at the time), which was God.

So that's why it's written that way.

We of course know that we ourselves, are the highest authority and that a magical man in the sky didn't give me the right to not be imprisoned at somebody else's whim, we decided that, as humans.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

-The Usual Suspects

I just thought this quote seemed apt in relation to the thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Which is what religion in government and public institutions is. Telling people what to believe.

Faith itself does not bother me, either, and whatever my neighbor wants to believe in is his business. However, when laws and public policy are being made based on a particular faith, then it becomes a case of that religion using government to spread its power and influence, and make laws and policies suited only for believers in that religion.

I do not believe in religion, but more than that, I also see religion as an oppressive ideology, an enemy to freedom, dignity, morality, and reality. None of which I want influencing the laws and institutions that I have to live under.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I smell a troll thread.

Nothing riles up the blood like religion and politics. They are two of the oldest basis for conflict. I won't perpetuate the hate.

edit on 22-4-2014 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

link   

Nobody is telling you what to believe . . . they are saying . . . Keep it to yourself and keep it out of government. A government that was not founded for or by your god. Unfortunately, the JudeoIslamiChristians can't separate the two and why they've been F'n up the world the its advancement for few millenia.

link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Which is what religion in government and public institutions is. Telling people what to believe.

Faith itself does not bother me, either, and whatever my neighbor wants to believe in is his business. However, when laws and public policy are being made based on a particular faith, then it becomes a case of that religion using government to spread its power and influence, and make laws and policies suited only for believers in that religion.

I do not believe in religion, but more than that, I also see religion as an oppressive ideology, an enemy to freedom, dignity, morality, and reality. None of which I want influencing the laws and institutions that I have to live under.

So something in your belief system is considered illegal?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here, here! a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

If religion ran the government like the Christians want, then over half of everything I believe in would be illegal.

Even now, many things I believe in are outlawed in many religious dominated states. Like:

1. Marriage Equality
2. Human equality
3. Sexual freedom
4. The right of an individual to use any recreational substance in the privacy of their own home or property
5. Evolution and other sciences at odds with the Bible
6. Abortion
7. Birth Control
8. Religious freedom for all

That's just off the top of my head. If the Christians had their way, this thread couldn't contain all my beliefs that would become outlawed.

link   

Wow. I don't know where to begin. Laughing or crying at this nonsense.
...don't use public money and resources to promote your beliefs, especially when they are at odds with an ethical, healthy, functioning society.

While I may agree with most of what you said (yes - starred) I'm not so hip on your pronouncement of this society as ethical, healthy & functioning.
But...that's just me.

link   
a reply to: beezzer

I have to ask...

Why do christians need to have their faith out in everyonee face but when someone protests they slip into some sort of persecution complex?

Isn't their faith strong enough in their hearts to carry that faith with them no matter where they go? Is their faith so weak they have to have the lords graffiti everywhere even though there is practically a church on every corner?

It seems to me that a lot of christians are very weak and must need constant reminders of their faith when it should be inside them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

Wow. I don't know where to begin. Laughing or crying at this nonsense.
...don't use public money and resources to promote your beliefs, especially when they are at odds with an ethical, healthy, functioning society.

While I may agree with most of what you said (yes - starred) I'm not so hip on your pronouncement of this society as ethical, healthy & functioning.
But...that's just me.

Oh, I agree this society is not ethical, healthy, or functioning. However, it is something we are constantly trying to create, and I see any religious system as a hindrance to creating a truly just, healthy, and moral society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join