It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: Cabin

Pushing God onto you? You must have a belief in something, women, money, power, sun, fire, love for your family, ETC.

Consider the word GOD as a blank you fill in, look up how many God's there have been, thousands...

I can understand if said Jesus Christ, Moses, St. Michael, something more specific, etc.

Some of the Atheists that have responded that word GOD is meaningless and non-threatening to them.

I am saying there are Satanist calling themselves Atheists, it would make it easier to legally attack and remove GOD from our public buildings and documents.

If 9 out 10 people believe in God, how can they win judgements to remove God?

How high up does this go?

Heres the part you miss:

Im this country, we have freedom of religion. That means that 'satanists' dont have to hide the fact that they are so, and they have just as many rights as christians.

As much as chrisitians wish this werent the case, it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Probably the same as the benefits of worshiping the christian god...

I really have no idea, people will worship anything they believe they can win favors from.

I know that some satanists don't believe in lucifer as the bible portrays him. Even in the bible itself lucifer only follows the path god designed for him. On top of that he didn't randomly murder and curse people on a regular basis lie the god of the old testament. Looking at it from that point of view it makes more sense to worship him than god lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Pushing God onto you? You must have a belief in something, women, money, power, sun, fire, love for your family, ETC.

Trying to equate observation of an objective reality with a theistic principle is kind of shady in my opinion.

Consider the word GOD as a blank you fill in, look up how many God's there have been, thousands...

I can understand if said Jesus Christ, Moses, St. Michael, something more specific, etc.

Seems like your reaching here for any excuse you can wrangle to try to convince atheists that its OK to violate constitutional law and SCOTUS decisions regarding religious text in publicly funded buildings because its all so benign. Do atheists come to your churches or Jesus camps tearing down placards and spray painting graffiti to throw their way of life in your face in a place that should be free of the judgement,indiscretion and disrespect? I think we both know the answer to that. Irregardless, making god a fill in the blank game is strait from AA and rehab. Is that where you found god?

Some of the Atheists that have responded that word GOD is meaningless and non-threatening to them.

To Atheists the word or concept IS meaningless. What you fail to understand is that to those pushing to keep their religion of choice in as much of the public arena as is possible, it has a great deal of meaning and as I see all too often, their idea of a rational chat with someone without that faith is to impress upon them how much better their life is as a result of that faith. Which no matter how you paint it, is a direct condemnation of how the non believer lives their life without actually knowing or seeing who they truly are or how they do indeed live heir lives. To determine that your life is more fulfilling than mine because you've got The Lord on your side is rude and condescending to put it extremely mildly.

I am saying there are Satanist calling themselves Atheists, it would make it easier to legally attack and remove GOD from our public buildings and documents.

Why would they need to masquerade as anything but who and what they are? The first amendment applies equally to Satanists (whether they are theistic or LaVeyan is a whole different matter entirely) as it does Christians Muslims or Buddhists. The premise doesn't make much sense to me in any context other than someone being in dire fear of anything they feels is a direct threat to Christianity.

The actual numbers as of December 2013 is 74% of Americans believe in a god. And no that's not 74% Christian. But nonetheless, you keep trying to distance the concept from a Judeo Christian theological principle when "god" in the U.S. almost always means just that. It's not a reference to Thor or Odin or Dionysius . However, its not about winning judgements to remove god. It's to level the playing field and adhere to constitutional law. Religious people have their own houses of worship, their own private forums for spreading their beliefs amongst one another where everyone is accepting of it. Even if I were still catholic, why would I want to have what would inevitably be Protestant ideologies thrust upon myself or my children? If I were still in the army stationed in Georgia or Texas why on earth would I want to have Evangelical ideologies and principles forced on me? It's really a much bigger issue than you seem to think because your so focused on satanic atheists forcing god out of the world when that simply is NOT the case and there is no concerted organized agenda. Those thoughts in th office of a psychiatrist would be considered paranoid delusions.

What go? The imaginary atheist conspiracy to rid god from the world?

Harris poll December 2013- www.harrisinteractive.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

If you refer to Satanism - I hope as high up as possible. I like the idea of countering those psychotic christians.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

This post is yet another example of fundamentalist christians trying to use the ultimate shield of religious freedom as the ultimate weapon to bludgeon their religion down our collective throats at every turn.

You are seriously pathetic.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why would a Satanist need the "cover" of atheism?

The Satanists are out in the open and don't feel the need to hide behind anything. Their rights are the same rights that Christians, Muslim, Jews etc. etc. enjoy. Freedom of Religion.

Satanists support different characters from the same Christian pantheon that the religions of "The Book" support. It is part of the same religious epic as Christianity.

All part of the same set of beliefs that atheists don't believe in.

An atheist that believes in Satanism is - by definition - NOT an atheist.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
According to my understanding as being apart of the positive polarization, possessing the necessary catalyst, atheism appears to evoke the purest manifestation of the negative polarization. Such a being, by aligning its conciousness to the atheistic density of experience would, by course of progression, or better understood as continued belief, manifest within themself such necessary complex thought concepts as to potentiate a path similar to, yet extraordinarily antagonistic to what is deemed the satanic density of experience. Similar only in potentiating an opposite polarization or experience in congruence with which is acceptably known as the positive polarization, better understood as the belief in the Creator, yet greatly antagonistic to the satanist due to atheism manifesting what could be termed as ones spiritual death in accordance with the complete disassociation from Creation such a belief produces. This being understood when consideration is given to satanism immanently manifesting a legitimate spiritual path, the anti-god polarization.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: rickynews

I have plenty of faith. It just isn't in a god. The old saying that there are no atheists in foxholes...it just ain't so. There were plenty of us and personally it made us a little more effective. We weren't cowering in fear or on our knees praying for deliverance.(not that thes anything wromg with being afraid or praying, seriously. It's not my place to judge). We were covering our positions fully aware that it could end at any moment. If it was going to happen it was going to happen and nothing I could do was going to change that. So instead we focused on the task at hand and worried about covering the rest of the guys in the squad. If faith gives a person comfort then more power to them. If it makes them a better person because they're following the path that is ascribed to Christ even better. But when their faith crosses the line to arrogance, judgement and superiority... Well that I do take issue with. It is in direct opposition to the teachings of the New Testamentant which is supposed to be the basis for which Christians lie their lives. For the record, I don't think this is representative of Christianity as a whole any more than suicide bombers or terrorists represent Muslims as a whole. Those minorities however are seemingly the most vocal, particularly when it comes to a person who believes differently than they do. It's kind of like with violent aggressive rogue police. When the majority don't speak out against the vocal minority it is tantamount to collusion.

positions meaning your a$$?

yeah, you are right on about the majority not speaking up.
that's why the crisp banter here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

Religious belief has absolutely nothing to do with government ideology.

Atheists are actively against religious beliefs because they are unscientific. They are active supporters of truth and are actively against what is false. Believing in God has no real basis in reality other than personal experience, which educated people know, is not a representation of truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: jimmyx

Well unless it was very WELL reasoned and WELL sourced, I'd imagine that it would be locked pretty quickly with the OP banned for trolling, but I see what you are getting at.

and yet....this thread isn't. I think it is improbable, maybe impossible for believers to understand why atheists don't believe in mythical beings

Yes, like I said, I'm aware of what you are getting at. Christians are so quick to adopt the persecution complex that it is hard to criticize the religion and you have to go about it carefully and well informed. Meanwhile, it is perfectly fine to criticize non-believers while using a poorly formed and ignorant opinion to do so.

maybe it's because the idiots don't have a thing to hang their hats on? just stupidity.

how about that?

christians are under seige, the barbarians at the gate, are not.

when countered they scatter like roaches.

run away!! run away!!

you need to write a book, like a bible. yeah, lol.
should be a fun read.

let it stew for a couple 1000yrs.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

it's the guilt and fairness permeating our society.

doesn't matter, ya got more? you shouldn't.

i'm the handsomest mofo you ever saw, i get better looking everyday. clooney put a contract out on me.
putin called me to ask who my trainer was.
i said palin.

oh, sorry for the little rant, i agree with you.
no idea where i took the wrong turn but it was fun.

oh! it was krazyshot i was replying to! lol!! i think.
wife called, have to buy a new fridge, living out of a cooler, water pipes upstairs are leaking, sorry. lol!!
thanks a lot science! (just had to poke them)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

positions meaning your a$$?

yeah, you are right on about the majority not speaking up.
that's why the crisp banter here on ATS.

Speaking in general, yes our collective behinds but more specifically, if I was in the field and taking fire, I didn't have time to babysit someone who needed to pull out the cross around their neck to kiss it and say a quick prayer or beg their personal deity to protect them for harm because while they weren't focusing, those of us that were ended up being their protection.

It probably came off far more dramatized than I meant it to because it wasnt something that happened every time I was under fire or even often, but it did happen and even once was too many times when it was my life on the line because my fire team was down one man. Even if it was only 30 seconds that they were not focused on our objective it was too long and risked lives.i lost a good friend once because a guy who was way too green lost it and literally put his hands over his head and started belting out the Our Father at the top of his lungs.

I have no problem with people of faith, I was raised catholic, all of my family is catholic, I went to catholic school and am still friends with many people from there who are also catholic. Hell, my dog tags said catholic when I first enlisted because black then there was literally no tolerance for someone without faith.

I was and still am friends with many very devout, southern evangelical types from basic and from being stationed in Georgia as long as I was you just couldn't escape the reality of it. The vast majority were amazing, compassionate people who acted like Christians. I.e. they actually followed the teachings of Christ as outlined in the NT as opposed to what I refer to as Sunday Morning Christian's who were far more interested in bragging about their love for Jesus while skipping the NT and espousing anachronistic, misogynistic and homophobic elements of the OT. We've all seen them, they're the ones that when they commit some heinous crime the police and community are in shock because"they were good Christian folk who went to church every Sunday". They cherry picked the portions of the bible that suited their political ideologies as opposed to mapping their political ideologies around what it should have meant to be good Christians.

But again, its a minority who are of that nature. It is however not the minority who seems to equate atheism or agnosticism with being of Satan or trying to remove god and Christianity from the face of the earth. Despite their contempt and animosity towards me I would still gladly stand up for and support their right to espouse whatever ideals they choose to. It's the double edged sword of the first amendment. If you want to have your rights protected you need to be willing to protect their rights in return whether you agree with them or not. That back and forth of free speech is what allows us to enjoy open debate on forums such as ATS and you have to be willing to take the good with the bad sort of like the KKK in Skokie Illinois 1977 being allowed to march through a predominantly Jewish area in full hooded regalia.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Preach it, brother! (Irony intended
)

Being religious doesn't make somebody a bad person. But too many bad people use religion to justify their bad actions.

Have a star.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: iSomeone

The Bible does NOT condone the acts of Christendom. It does not condone the shedding of your brothers blood. So while many religionists, and so-called "Christians" use the Bible to excuse their disgusting practices, that does not make God or the Bible responsible.

Yet the bible DOES condone a lot worse things such as slavery and murder of your own children

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

the list is endless, yet the GOOD bits are always the purported word of god, whilst the "teachings" like the above, are shunted away, out of sight.

The main problem we have with the bible, is that is was written by so many, with 3rd,4th and 5th hand information and by people with very little moral compass.
it has been thrust on society over the last 2000 years via the crusades and other mass genocide, to point where it is a mainstay of modern society.
Athiests are now in a position to raise challenge to this ridiculous story book and the mega money making, corporate entity that is religion, is starting to get a little worried

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

I don't believe in god or satan, neither exists.
I do believe in exposing religious falsehoods when they are espoused by fanatics, be they Muslim, Jewish or Christian.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sailor Sam

You can't say for sure that they don't because not one single person walking this earth knows that truth. It's not possible to know. The religious get their backs up for saying none of it is true and atheists do the same when you tell them for sure that there is.

Surely, the only logical and reasonable conclusion for any of us to come to is that we just do not know and never will, until it's too late to be able to have that conversation.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hi, as someone who is an Atheist and a Theoretical Satanist, I am also deeply spiritual, respect even the smallest life form and am very polite to everyone.
There is unfortunately still the old fashioned idea making rounds that Satanists must love money and fame and also must be horrible to everyone and sacrifice animals. This may be true for a few unintelligent morons [which you get in all belief systems] but it cannot be more from the truth for the vast amount of Atheists and doesn't feature at all in Theoretical Satanists.
I have a deep understanding of life but also know that I will never now everything.
Also I am free to change my mind at any time I learn something new.
Materialistic things are the least important in my life but I do value animals higher than humans. Animals are the only truly honest creatures on earth that are not bound by made up ethics and I admire that.

I will go as far as to say that Atheists in general are very switched on and see life for what it is, by enjoying it and taking responsibility for the actions they take.
The most deceptive and false people I have met were always religious people. I can not and will not trust them ever, because everything they do is based on 'not pi$$ing god off' rather than a deep understanding of their actions.

As I mentioned that I am both an Atheist and a Satanist you may be forgiven to think that all Atheists are like that but religious types misunderstand [like always] that Atheism is not a belief, it is a lack of a belief and most Atheists are just like that. In the same way that as an adult doesn't believe in santa claus or the easter bunny, Atheists just do not believe in a large creature that made them and keeps a tick sheet on their behaviour.

In fact there shouldn't even be a name for Atheists because there is no name for people who don't believe in Santa either.
Atheists also are not out to do deliberate evil. Each person is what they are, their behaviour will result in consequences and that is enough to teach people what is acceptable and what is not.

You can be absolutely the nicest person on earth and be an Atheist or you can be a serial killer, the beauty is that it doesn't matter, what matters is that we are FREE!

edit on 26-4-2014 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Tell me...

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul ?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
Tell me...

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul ?

What does it profit a man to waste his whole life on religion and hatred in the hope of some "reward" in the afterlife, rather than enjoying the beauty and wonder of existence in this life?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If people want to believe in God, Allah, Buddha, Yahweh, or whatever, they can surely do it in the comfort of their own homes and churches/temples, can't they? Why do religious people constantly need validation from courts, schools, governments, sporting events, and other public displays? If you were all as confident in your beliefs as you say you are you wouldn't need validation and reassurance from any outside authority.

When you start putting god on display for everyone to see and shoving religion in the faces of the general public, who are you trying to convince it exists? Everyone else? Or yourself? I think most of your type have some doubts deep down and need the general masses and various forms of authority to reassure you.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join