It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The answer is in the question. Places have been decided for all except those who simply stay out of reach. ie operating outside of the bible. Think of it as chosen energy paths and denial of the system to the core leaves you non existant because you become out of reach.

In other words you made it up.

This is going to be speculation on my part since, if there is a spiritual world, I nor anyone else has any true knowledge of it, but going by how reality works, denial of something doesn't make it go away. Therefore I see no logical reason that non-belief in the spiritual world would have any effect on where you go once you die. If it exists, you will go to where ever you are supposed to go.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

Fair enough but the only indication of a god is man made stories and beliefs, there is no actual evidence.

If the religious books were taken seriously as evidence they can be disproved in seconds using scientific facts. They have been disproved, especially Genesis. However the religious won't accept that.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich
Haha, I'm not a Christian, ironically enough. I just see Atheists for what they are (in most cases): insolent children, usually young adults between 18 and 30, who think they know everything and enjoy criticizing and belittling others based on their beliefs, because it makes them feel better about themselves.

You really think that is only reason to mock someones childish fairytale father-like love?

You don't know well atheists as you think, nor you know danger of people believing and being controlled by beliefs system of today.

Anyone who has a shred of wisdom knows to let people believe what they want without mocking them, you can agree with their beliefs or not, but being rude and disrespectful is not the way to go about it.

People beliefs are not the problem - problem is their need to reach to others and show off their belief for example on public places, as OP stated.

For example Duke University professor and 2012 Nobel Prize winner in biochemistry Robert Lefkowitz says that “the force of concerted campaigns to discredit scientific fact” are a harmful foe to climate science and vaccinations."

I also find that most atheists are less intelligent than the average person, but this could just be my experience.

LOL
For your info - In multiple surveys atheists are found not only to be more intelligent than religious people, but also to know more about religion?! This was discussed here on ATS a lot when those surveys were made public.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.medicaldaily.com...

www.npr.org...

I believe it was Dr. Tyson who in his speech mentioned that among top scientist there are 7% who believe in God, and in his opinion that is unacceptable. That was statistic only for USA, tho.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Haha, I'm not a Christian, ironically enough. I just see Atheists for what they are (in most cases): insolent children, usually young adults between 18 and 30, who think they know everything and enjoy criticizing and belittling others based on their beliefs, because it makes them feel better about themselves.

No. They are just people who don't believe in God. Like me. I don't belittle or criticise people's beliefs. Like I said, I am married to a Christian. Her beliefs are her business, my beliefs are mine. I don't press mine on her, she doesn't press hers on me. Live and let live.

Atheism isn't an active "thing". It's just an absence of belief.

What you choose to believe in your own head is your business — until you start discriminating against people, or slaughtering them because their actions offend some mythical God. That is why ORGANISED religion is evil. Personal faith, not a problem.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

America was never Christian, our Fore-Fathers made sure that America was NOT a religious country. That is why we came to America, for RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS.

I don't believe in the Devil, so for you to say I worship him is asinine. I assume you are a follower of one of the Desert Trilogy religions, as such, that would be like me saying you worship Zeus or Loki. You clearly don't believe in either.

BTW, it is very disheartening, that in this day in age, we still accuse people of being Devil worshipers just because they don't buy into the same mass delusion as everyone else.
edit on 25-4-2014 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I hope you return to your faith. May peace be upon you.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I have plenty of faith. It just isn't in a god. The old saying that there are no atheists in foxholes...it just ain't so. There were plenty of us and personally it made us a little more effective. We weren't cowering in fear or on our knees praying for deliverance.(not that thes anything wromg with being afraid or praying, seriously. It's not my place to judge). We were covering our positions fully aware that it could end at any moment. If it was going to happen it was going to happen and nothing I could do was going to change that. So instead we focused on the task at hand and worried about covering the rest of the guys in the squad. If faith gives a person comfort then more power to them. If it makes them a better person because they're following the path that is ascribed to Christ even better. But when their faith crosses the line to arrogance, judgement and superiority... Well that I do take issue with. It is in direct opposition to the teachings of the New Testamentant which is supposed to be the basis for which Christians lie their lives. For the record, I don't think this is representative of Christianity as a whole any more than suicide bombers or terrorists represent Muslims as a whole. Those minorities however are seemingly the most vocal, particularly when it comes to a person who believes differently than they do. It's kind of like with violent aggressive rogue police. When the majority don't speak out against the vocal minority it is tantamount to collusion.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite
a reply to: GafferUK1981

I'm not so sure, though. I think it would be nice for us all to get to the point where we can all agree that it's impossible to know. Without religion to distract us we could accomplish amazing, magnificent things. We could possibly, finally allow ourselves to try to reach our potential!

Quite agree. I think religion is the major force holding back the human race, and has been since the days of Galileo if not before.

By all means believe in a god if it makes you feel better. But telling people who they can or cannot marry because "your god" says so, or at the other end of the spectrum murdering your countrymen because they happen to believe in a slightly different variant of the god fable... that is where religion becomes a truly pernicious force for evil.

It's 2014... when will the human race finally be grown-up enough that it no longer needs its bedtime stories?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Atheists are not trying to remove god, they are trying to remove the illiterate, unsupported claims made by religions that have no foundation and are nothing more than the cleverly manipulated word of mouth about stories that are so fabricated the OJ Simpson jury would have a hard time believing them.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Acronychal because: Ranted to hard, made a mistake

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wonder how a title would go over if it read ARE WHITE CHRISTIANS JUST A COVER FOR NAZIS ?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well unless it was very WELL reasoned and WELL sourced, I'd imagine that it would be locked pretty quickly with the OP banned for trolling, but I see what you are getting at.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well unless it was very WELL reasoned and WELL sourced, I'd imagine that it would be locked pretty quickly with the OP banned for trolling, but I see what you are getting at.

and yet....this thread isn't. I think it is improbable, maybe impossible for believers to understand why atheists don't believe in mythical beings
edit on 25-4-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

Atheism is just a platform for argumentative, pretentious, arrogant cretins to disparage other people's beliefs and get pleasure from doing it.
the irony and hypocrisy of this statement cannot go unnoticed.

Really? Please do point out the hypocrisy. For all the thousands of Youtube videos and smug university students that mock and deride Christians, I see a Christian behave this way only rarely.
I see christians behave this way every day. History is full of examples.

That you base your conclusion of an entire sect of people on youtube videos (YOUTUBE VIDEOS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD) really tells me that you might need to expand your horizons a little.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
Christianity is a platform for bigotry, oppression, and totalitarian control. You are an ignorant ass.

Anyone who has a shred of wisdom knows to let people believe what they want without mocking them, you can agree with their beliefs or not, but being rude and disrespectful is not the way to go about it.

I also find that most atheists are less intelligent than the average person, but this could just be my experience.
Even more irony and hypocrisy. To say something like "Anyone who has a shred of wisdom knows to let people believe what they want without mocking them" in the same breath that you judge and insult an entire sect of people shows your true colors.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gallowglaich

The fact that you'd wear an "atheist shirt" in a region known for having many devout Christians, with the intention of causing controversy is exactly the type of behiavior I'd expect from an atheist.
Do you feel this way about christians proudly wearing a cross? Or praying in public? Oops, theres that hypocrisy again.
Why are you okay with one sect being proud of who they are but when another does it its "intention of causing a controversy"?

Are you seeing it yet. Mr. Wise and Intelligent?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

and yet....this thread isn't. I think it is improbable, maybe impossible for believers to understand why atheists don't believe in mythical beings

Yes, like I said, I'm aware of what you are getting at. Christians are so quick to adopt the persecution complex that it is hard to criticize the religion and you have to go about it carefully and well informed. Meanwhile, it is perfectly fine to criticize non-believers while using a poorly formed and ignorant opinion to do so.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Communist Illuminati Satan worshiping atheists with ties to Al Qaeda brainwashing our children!

The beginning of this thread was ridiculous. Atheists don't want any part of religion or indoctrination to be mandatory in public/state funded settings (Sep. of Church & State) as much as Christians want it to be. Who is pushing what on who? Major religions have been dwindling in numbers compared to just 20 or 30 years ago (I blame the internet and free flow of information), of course they'll be on the attack. It's not just a "believe in God" kind of thing, religion is big (tax free) business as well and the people that actually make a difference (money is free speech) spend a lot to make changes to keep/expand their reach.

I don't think Atheists have a business interest, or if they do, how could it be conceived that they band together for monetary gains through their actions?

This was a pretty great 1,000th post if I must say so myself

edit on 25-4-2014 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jessejamesxx
Good to see such reasoned posts on a website such as this which is dominated by Americans. From this side of the Atlantic (UK), we tend to view the USA as being totally obsessed with religion.

From what I hear it is much harder to be an atheist in the US than it is in the UK: much more social pressure etc to "conform" and be a Christian. More than one American acquaintance of mine has said that when their co-workers discovered they were atheists they were constantly badgered to join a church, questioned as to why they didn't believe in God, and so on. That kind of thing would be pretty unthinkable in the UK, thankfully.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to wear whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted. I guess I have to conform to the dress code set forth by zealot church goers huh? Good thing your opinion on that means absolutely jack sh*t to me.

You are nowhere near intelligent pal, and you definitley aren't smarter than anyone here. You're a condescending prick with an inferiority complex using fallacy arguments to make your "points." Usually when people have a need to constantly remind someone how a particular skill is so advanced, in this case your supposed intellect, means they are over compensating. In laymens terms, you're a mental midget and internet troll.

If my opinion means "jack sh*t" to you, why are you so bothered? Why are you writing me long, vapid posts full of ad-homonim attacks and uninspired insults, why are you spewing word diarrhea at me if I don't bother you?

See my above post about insolent children.

And believe me, based on this post you don't strike me as particularly smart either xD
edit on 25-4-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Pushing God onto you? You must have a belief in something, women, money, power, sun, fire, love for your family, ETC.

Consider the word GOD as a blank you fill in, look up how many God's there have been, thousands...

I can understand if said Jesus Christ, Moses, St. Michael, something more specific, etc.

Some of the Atheists that have responded that word GOD is meaningless and non-threatening to them.

I am saying there are Satanist calling themselves Atheists, it would make it easier to legally attack and remove GOD from our public buildings and documents.

If 9 out 10 people believe in God, how can they win judgements to remove God?

How high up does this go?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join