It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No...

That just means that your god wouldn't be force fed to children.

Now if there were literally lessons about how your god (or any god for that matter) doesn't/couldn't exist, that would be teaching Atheism.

Notice the "or any other god" part? The Christian god is only one of hundreds, if not thousands, worshiped around the world (and throughout time). I understand that people hold their faith tightly and I have absolutely no problem with that. The problem arises when you start to display the it's my way or the highway sort of attitude.

Now, back to the OP...

For some reason Atheism is looked at as some evil belief system, and it has been made blatantly obvious that many posters here feel that way. While I agree that faith and belief in an almighty power can be a good thing for some people, motivating them to help others and do all kinds of great things, I also believe that it is not necessary at any level for someone to conduct themselves with the same high moral standards.

Unless I have completely failed myself in my various studies, Atheism is simply the belief that there is no divine power (the word comes from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos) meaning "without god(s)").

Atheists do not worship any higher power, especially some angry evil being hell-bent on the slow and steady decay of the human race.

:For the record:
I hold agnostic views, as I believe at this point in time there is no real evidence to suggest that any god does or does not exist. I enjoy talking with people who practice any and all religions just to absorb their thoughts and opinions.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dorrell

The fasces was widely regarded as a symbol of unity, although like all symbols, the actual meaning is subjective according to context and circumstances. The fasces on the dime was intended to portray a readiness for war - in other words, the willingness to defend by force if need be.

But this has nothing to do with atheism, so I don't see the point in mentioning it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ok lets give up the act. I say we just tell the truth. YES WE ARE SATANISTS!!! What are you gonna do about it? We are winning now and soon the world will be one under the almighty SATANA!

Give your soul over peacefully now, or suffer greatly when the gates open!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

I'm surprised they don't include the word Fascism in the lyrics. Because America like the UK and Europe is Fascist controlled!

Wait...so is it fascist or communist?

The OP said communist.

Atheism and Communism:

Karl Marx said "Religion is the opium of the people". Marx also stated: "Communism begins from the outset (Owen) with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction."[1]
Vladimir Lenin similarly wrote regarding atheism and communism: "A Marxist must be a materialist, i. e., an enemy of religion, but a dialectical materialist, i. e., one who treats the struggle against religion not in an abstract way, not on the basis of remote, purely theoretical, never varying preaching, but in a concrete way, on the basis of the class struggle which is going on in practice and is educating the masses more and better than anything else could."[2]
The atheism in communist regimes has been and continues to be a form of militant atheism which led to various acts of repression, including the razing of thousands of religious buildings and the killing, imprisoning, and oppression of religious leaders and believers.

Source: www.conservapedia.com...

What does that have to do with that poster saying it was "fascism"?
That was the point of my question.

Plus "religion is the opium of the people" does have some truth to it.

Also in your quote, there is nothing saying atheists are Satanists...
edit on 4/24/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm surprised they don't include the word Fascism in the lyrics. Because America like the UK and Europe is Fascist controlled!

Wait...so is it fascist or communist?

The OP said communist.

Atheism and Communism:

Karl Marx said "Religion is the opium of the people". Marx also stated: "Communism begins from the outset (Owen) with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction."[1]
Vladimir Lenin similarly wrote regarding atheism and communism: "A Marxist must be a materialist, i. e., an enemy of religion, but a dialectical materialist, i. e., one who treats the struggle against religion not in an abstract way, not on the basis of remote, purely theoretical, never varying preaching, but in a concrete way, on the basis of the class struggle which is going on in practice and is educating the masses more and better than anything else could."[2]
The atheism in communist regimes has been and continues to be a form of militant atheism which led to various acts of repression, including the razing of thousands of religious buildings and the killing, imprisoning, and oppression of religious leaders and believers.

Source: www.conservapedia.com...

Plus "religion is the opium of the people" does have some truth to it.

Thank you for your reference to Karl Marx's statement, thus proving my point that Atheists are influenced by Communism.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

Marx's statement regarding religion being the opiate of the masses is in no way evidence that atheists are influenced by communism. It is your opinion and nothing more. Communism as a philosophy carded by Marx only came to be in the mid-late nineteenth century. Atheism has been around for millennia. No matter how much you troll it won't change facts. It's rather sad that you have no ingest in learning a damned thing in lieu of perpetuating your bizarre notion of reality that never was and never will be.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar
You can deny facts all you want, but it doesn't change them.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And the award for dumbest comment of the day goes to:

Thank you for your reference to Karl Marx's statement, thus proving my point that Atheists are influenced by Communism.

Seriously. This is nothing more than a sad attempt to tie atheism in with something that a lot of people view as negative. The two are not related in any way.

Just silly, really.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That in no way means atheists are influenced by communists.

It means that communists talked about atheism.

It's like you're saying this dog is black.
All dogs are black.

Do you lack logic and any knowledge of history?

You are not representing educated Christians very well.

In fact you're hurting what you are trying to accomplish.
edit on 4/24/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Your convoluted opinion is not the same as a fact. But yes I'm well are I'm not changing anything by continuing to feed the troll. It's like driving by a train wreck. I can't help but look and stare.
edit on 24-4-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
a reply to: CornShucker

I didn't see anything about a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or Buddhist god in those quoted selections. In fact, those references to a god or creator were extremely vague.

Granted, but what is does show is that the Founding Fathers discussed faith intensively. That's something that modern revisionists try to claim just isn't true. It may eventually lead to drastic problems for the country, but all of those listed above and those that aren't all are supposed to fall under the inclusive umbrella of "Freedom of Religion". Don't forget, the Feds didn't descend on Anton Levey and shut down the Church of Satan. My bet is that plenty went on behind the scenes to make life difficult. The '60s saw a lot of harassment by alphabet agencies for a lot of people. Your tax dollars at work.

Don't misunderstand, I'm a Christian but I'm not a Bible-thumper. I attended long enough to see some of the serious flaws in organized religion. All three of our kids were allowed to reach their own conclusions when they became old enough to understand what they felt personally. One decided to be baptized in his late teens and the other two as adults. Other than Bible stories here at home, they weren't exposed to "church" 'til they were older.

I DO admit to a good chuckle the first time I read of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. ;-)

Just read of this this morning. I'll be watching to see how it turns out. We had a Sikh truck driver where I used to work and he was a great guy. His religion is most definitely not radical in any way. What they are doing is the same as telling a Christian they can't wear their cross to court whether it's under their shirt or not.

Sutter County Sikh Told He Can’t Serve On Jury With Ceremonial Knife

Next week, Gursant Singh is scheduled for jury duty. He says he’ll be arriving with other members of his community, asking for the chance to serve on a jury.

“I feel very strongly that as a citizen of the United States that I should be able to serve as a juror,” he said

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think fundimentalist "christans" are satanists.

think about it: they worship what is essentially an evil deity.
edit on 24-4-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Believers will be saved
Satanist will have another chance to be saved
Athiest will not exist

The reason is that they produce no useable energy on the other side because faith is the vessel of that energy

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well that's a relief. At least I won't have to suffer through being proselytized at by judgemental hypocrites for all eternity.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Believers will be saved
Satanist will have another chance to be saved
Athiest will not exist

The reason is that they produce no useable energy on the other side because faith is the vessel of that energy

More reason to enjoy and get the most out of my life instead of spending the entirety of it miserable since the Christian motto seems to be, "If it feels good, it's a sin." Though I am curious where you came up with this reasoning. I haven't read the bible in a little while, but I don't recall reading any passages where God makes a special distinction for what happens to atheists after death. Care to enlighten us where you came to this conclusion? Or did you just make it up since it sounded good and intelligent?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Attempts to insult me will get you nowhere.

edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You've got some serious issues when you take legitimate questions and constructive criticism as an insult. It's too bad because if you popped your fingers out of your ears and opened your kind you might learn something.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

You've got some serious issues when you take legitimate questions and constructive criticism as an insult. It's too bad because if you popped your fingers out of your ears and opened your kind you might learn something.

Perhaps your suggestion works both ways. In any case, I don't accept criticisms on such matters from Atheists or Communists or Satanists- which has served me quite well.
edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The answer is in the question. Places have been decided for all except those who simply stay out of reach. ie operating outside of the bible. Think of it as chosen energy paths and denial of the system to the core leaves you non existant because you become out of reach.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well that's a relief. At least I won't have to suffer through being proselytized at by judgemental hypocrites for all eternity.

Think of believers as balls of energy that need to be realeased over and over again. In that sense what you call hyprocritical is simply providing the energy for your existance. That would make athiest nothing more than parasites that will be shed because of unusefulness.

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join