It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Come The Boots On The Ground: US Troops Heading To Eastern Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

How long has it been since the Geneva talks? hmm, has it been a week.

Not being military myself, How long would it take to make a decision to perform exercises in Europe, then get all the troops and every thing else that is need to station them there, we are talking 600 troops at the moment, at the moment, at the moment...

What will Putin think, Go ahead feller's it's only exercises, were doing the same thing on the Ukraine border. yeah right.

600 U.S. TROOPS HEADING TO EUROPE FOR EXERCISES: PENTAGON
U.S. AIRBORNE TROOPS GOING TO POLAND, LITHUANIA, LATVIA,ESTONIA
U.S. MILITARY EXERCISES ARE IN RESPONSE TO UKRAINE CRISIS:KIRBY
MORE MILITARY EXERCISES 'COMING THROUGH' NATO: PENTAGON

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

So it begins.

The training exorcises that is. I do believe they have been scheduled for ages.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Our government and those of a few EU nations created this crisis, much as they always do, so they can then present the "solution". They backed and supported a pro-western coup in the country against the elected government, and no one is talking about that.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Nobody in MSM is talking about the support the west gave, there has been talk on this site and others.

That's the difference, MSM never have and never will tell the people what they should know, only what "they' want us to know.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Oh good, nothing to worry about, I hope Putin shares our view.

Got excited about nothing.

I don't remember reading anything about planned exercises in east Europe any where, can you help me out with a link please.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
hey, maybe they can help out the IDF and hook up with the NAZIS!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
mainstream on " the plane disappeared into a black hole channel "
lol, CNN for those with no sense of haha

April 22, 2014
Top US diplomat for Europe Victoria Nuland acknowledged in an interview with CNN Tuesday that Washington had allocated $5 billion to support democracy in Ukraine since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991.
“That money has been spent on supporting the aspirations of the Ukrainian people to have a strong, democratic government that represents their interests,” the US Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasian Affairs said in an interview.

www.youtube.com...
edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago10 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

She also praised the acting Ukrainian government for fulfilling the tasks of trying to negotiate a deal with the IMF and holding preparations for “free and fair elections,” scheduled for May 25.

www.prisonplanet.com...
oh look! the Ignorant Mofo Fruitcakes are in there...
Go Figure...
edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Can I get a snippet from the article?

I'm at work and discourage clicking on links.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Our government and those of a few EU nations created this crisis, much as they always do, so they can then present the "solution". They backed and supported a pro-western coup in the country against the elected government, and no one is talking about that.

And then they brainwashed and paid the vast majority of Ukrainians people and then got Yanukovych's own government to kick him out ?

Righttttt

Let's ignore NATO has turned down Ukraine's wishes to join NATO and the people revolted when yanukovch turned down closer ties with the EU, let's just ignore all that and go with the massive pro Russian support and armed groups with Russian issues kit side of the story

Huge support in the East of Ukraine

Meanwhile just down the road

It's clear as day... There wasn't much backing needed to help Ukraine like the rest of the Eastern block break free from there previous brutal rulers

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

so they bought ukrain democracy in 91, but never managed to have one of their puppet elected to sign a "hand us over everything you have" deal with imf

so they remove the democracy to make the deal with imf

now they send the soldiers to protect the deal (and they'll stay as long as required, thanks for the courtesy of the american tax payer)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anHairInTheSoup
a very nice summery
star that

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Stop telling people lies. Get your facts right.

First of all, that first picture of yours is a complete joke. You can find dozes pictures of just how many "pro-Russian"( or how I like to call them, anti-Nato protesters) protesters were there before all the shootings started.

Yea, what a brutal leader Yanuckovich really was. Same as Gaddaffi i guess?
You people have no shame. Why did NATO step in? Because a GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS were doing their job and stopping terrorists from killing people? I will ask you to remember who were the first one to start all of this. I will help you. It wasn't the government. NATO and USA had no business there. But they got involved, and as always where they come, they bring nothing more than death.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: anHairInTheSoup

so they bought ukrain democracy in 91, but never managed to have one of their puppet elected to sign a "hand us over everything you have" deal with imf

now they send the soldiers to protect the deal (and they'll stay as long as required, thanks for the courtesy of the american tax payer)

600 soldiers ?

There's 40,000 Russians on Ukraine's boarder

It's a planned NATO deployment which Russia is fully aware of please go check NATOs website

As a
For your coup claims, Yanukovych's own party, the party of regions and The Ukrainian parliament voted on 22 February to remove him

Coup or conspiracy ?

Relations between Ukraine and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) started in 1994.[1] Ukraine is as of January 2008 a candidate to join the NATO Membership Action Plan (MAP).[2][3] On December 3, 2008 NATO decided it will work out an Annual National Programme of providing assistance to Ukraine to implement reforms required to accede the alliance without referring to MAP.[4] Plans for Ukrainian membership to NATO were shelved by Ukraine following the 2010 Ukrainian presidential election in which Viktor Yanukovych was elected President.

It's not hard to see that the majority of Ukraine want, and have wanted for some time now closer ties with the EU and seeked NATO membership previous to Yanukovych stepping into office, people need to look beyond maidan as it doesn't even tell you half the story...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

600 soldiers ?

It's a planned NATO deployment which Russia is fully aware of please go check NATOs website

As a
For your coup claims, Yanukovych's own party, the party of regions and The Ukrainian parliament voted on 22 February to remove him

Coup or conspiracy ?

Relations between Ukraine and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) started in 1994.[1] Ukraine is as of January 2008 a candidate to join the NATO Membership Action Plan (MAP).[2][3] On December 3, 2008 NATO decided it will work out an Annual National Programme of providing assistance to Ukraine to implement reforms required to accede the alliance without referring to MAP.[4] Plans for Ukrainian membership to NATO were shelved by Ukraine following the 2010 Ukrainian presidential election in which Viktor Yanukovych was elected President.

It's not hard to see that the majority of Ukraine want, and have wanted for some time now closer ties with the EU and seeked NATO membership previous to Yanukovych stepping into office, people need to look beyond maidan as it doesn't even tell you half the story...

40,000 russian troops on the boarder?
hahaha!
yeah riiiight
lol
pic or it didn't happen

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Again, stop telling wrong information.

When they had elected Yanuckovich for their president, they knew what his politics was. But still they voted for it. Oh wait, let me guess. It was the evil russians pointing guns on people's head, making them vote for him? Sure.

For me it is hard to see how did you jumped to a conclusion that majority of Ukraine wants to join NATO? Was there a referendum hold? No, so how do you know this information and what are your sources?

And secondly, Russia has fully rights to send their troops at their borders. But on the other hand, who allowed NATO to do so? Or they can do anything they want, because they are more powerful than the international law?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Stop telling people lies. Get your facts right.

First of all, that first picture of yours is a complete joke. You can find dozes pictures of just how many "pro-Russian"( or how I like to call them, anti-Nato protesters) protesters were there before all the shootings started.

Yea, what a brutal leader Yanuckovich really was. Same as Gaddaffi i guess?
You people have no shame. Why did NATO step in? Because a GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS were doing their job and stopping terrorists from killing people? I will ask you to remember who were the first one to start all of this. I will help you. It wasn't the government. NATO and USA had no business there. But they got involved, and as always where they come, they bring nothing more than death.

You're just heart broken because you have lost your Ukrainian slaves run away..

I never said Yanukovych was a brutal dictator, I just said he favours closer ties with the country of his mother birthplace

I just said up until his questionable election as president Ukraine had previously seeked closer ties with the EU and NATO since the fall of the "brutal Soviet Union"

NATO has an open door policy alway has always will anybody is free to join although they may not be granted membership as Ukraine wasn't because of Russia's deep Infiltration in Ukraine's government

How far do you want to go back into Ukraine's enslavement to Moscow and the Russian empire Nikola?

NATO had no business where?, talking to and sticking up for its neighbours? Russia does business everywhere.. what makes you think Russia is so special and that it can tell country's who they can and can't talk to? Russia new full well how the people of Ukraine felt about there treatment over many years from Russia is it really any wonder that Russia was so adamant that Ukraine was to "speak to no one"?

That's exactly the problem here, that's what Ukraine is sick off, being under Russia's boot and Moscow's control, isn't it? this is why Ukraine wants out.. Because of its hundreds of years enslavement by the Russian empire and the Soviet Union isn't it?.. Ukraine HAS seeked closer ties to the EU and requested NATO membership, before the Oblast Donetsk born son to a Russian mother Yanukovych tried to sell out the vast majority of his people...

yanukovych was a Russian backed puppet put in power for the sole purpose of stopping Ukraine's interests to closer ties to the EU and ultimately NATO membership

edit on 22-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

This is a snip from another source: cnbc www.cnbc.com...

The United States will send about 600 U.S. troops to Poland and the three Baltic states to take part in exercises in the coming days to reassure NATO allies following Russia's seizure of the Crimean region from Ukraine, the Pentagon said on Tuesday.

Rear Admiral John Kirby, a top Defense Department spokesman, said the bilateral exercises planned for Poland, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia were in addition to the regular training schedule the U.S. military has with those countries and were added due to the events in Ukraine.

"The United States takes seriously our obligations under Article 5 of the NATO alliance, even though these aren't NATO exercises,'' Kirby said. "It's a very tangible representation of our commitment to our security obligations in Europe."

www.reuters.com...

Earlier on Tuesday, Ukraine's acting president called for an anti-terrorist operation to be relaunched in the east of the country after the body of a local politician from his own party was found showing signs of torture.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Thank you for the info.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Again, stop telling wrong information.

When they had elected Yanuckovich for their president, they knew what his politics was. But still they voted for it. Oh wait, let me guess. It was the evil russians pointing guns on people's head, making them vote for him? Sure.

For me it is hard to see how did you jumped to a conclusion that majority of Ukraine wants to join NATO? Was there a referendum hold? No, so how do you know this information and what are your sources?

And secondly, Russia has fully rights to send their troops at their borders. But on the other hand, who allowed NATO to do so? Or they can do anything they want, because they are more powerful than the international law?

No your misleading my friend

When Yanukovych was elected it was not for closer ties with Russia HTH

When Yanukovych effectively ended all talks, and began to cosy up with Russia the people rebelled and so did his OWN government/parliament against him

What does this tell you?

Oh that's right that the evil western world brainwashed the people of Ukraine and Ukraine's government

edit on 22-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

600 soldiers ?

As a

Coup or conspiracy ?

40,000 russian troops on the boarder?
hahaha!
yeah riiiight
lol
pic or it didn't happen

That's the problem Danny boy... you've seen them...and with no evidence and proof to disprove them still deny the evidence NATO provided

I guess some people are just inconsolable

La la la la la lahhh

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join