It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever dream of someone they have yet to meet, but eventually meet in real life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Your consciousness lives in all realities at once but your physical body is only aware of the reality it occupies. In short, you are you in every parallel universe. However the circumstances in your life are not the same. Some are similar fbut some are vastly different. When your body is asleep, it is free to view the events in other realities but since your physical brain isnt eqiupped to process multiple existences it doesnt store it to memory. Only the events that drive a significant emotional response are recorded in alternate realities. Usually when involving a person or place you have a strong attachment to in your own reality. This explains the deep emotional connections you feel towards complete strangers in both dream and real life, or why you view people close to you in life in different roles inside your dreams, viewing them as strangers and yet feeling a connection with them. Soulmates could be defined as a person you deeply connect with in multiple realities.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have dreams like this, but yet to happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PassedKarma

Sure do!

That, and other predictive dreams, either dreams of very particular symbols, words, phrases, etc. that appear in my next day to about 2 weeks...but rarely it can be much later.

For example, had a dream about walking across a river and seeing a snake swimming by my feet. Next day, went to clean the pool, and sure enough, saw a snake swimming in it. I had never seen a snake in my pool for the 14 years I have had it!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
When I was a teen, I had repeated dreams of this guy for quite some time and one day I ended up meeting him in real life. It was wild! WE fell in love and had a wonderful relationship but things happened and we went our separate ways.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I wish I could have just one dream like that but I can't see myself feasibly getting into any relationships right now, no matter how much I would like to. Did this person have any unusual characteristics that would make them easier to find or notice?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have had this.
The feeling you get when you realize that the person that you met is the person in that dream. Or perhaps it was my mind associating the two.

I met this girl online after i broke up with my ex girlfriend a few years ago, a few days after (bad timing). This girl threw all my feelings through a loop. I didnt piece it together until a few days later and the realization hit my like a tonne of bricks. I had dreamed about this place, unsure where, and i was waiting for someone. In the dream i thought i was waiting for a friend, and this woman comes around the corner instead. Only a few features kept with me and the emotions felt stayed too.

Sadly the timing was way off, despite the rush of feeling (perhaps breakup related), things just didn't work out. Perhaps it was a different girl. Perhaps i had to meet her to get my focus off the clustereff that was my life at the time.

I've had a few dreams in my past that have come to light, mostly minor things or situations. I get some pretty bad deja vu and i'm like "I've dreamed this before", happens on occasion.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Not much luck with dreams like that, but perhaps daydreams? When bored I'll draw or doodle on whatever paper I have around. I consider it cheap entertainment. Funny thing is that some of the characters or faces I draw could be reasonable likenesses or caricatures of people I may see a week or two later. It's odd. And usually it's nothing more than an acquaintance, so I can't say I have much luck in finding anyone relationship-worthy with this oddball thing that happens.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This has happened to me. I let her slip away though. About 14 years ago I had a very vivid dream where I had this whirlwind, passionate, intense relationship with someone I had never met before. The very next day I bumped into her and didn't have the courage to speak to her..... and then she was gone never to be seen or heard from again. I have always regretted not speaking up and seeing where it could lead.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I would actually like to have some insight on this as well. I've been having dreams of meeting my "soulmate" on and off for a little over a year now, but I never seen his face in the dreams. Well...last night, for the first time in a few months, I had a dream of him again -only this time I seen his face clear as day. I could easily pick him out of a line-up if need be. I remember what the location we were at looked like and the letter that his name started with. I also remember that in the dream we had JUST met and we were automatically head-over-heels in love with each other. This dream was especially strange for me because I don't remember my dreams most of the time. The only dreams I've really been remembering over the past year are regarding my "mystery" soulmate. Then last night...*BOOM*...I see his face. Can anyone give me insight on this? Like, has anyone else dreamt of their "soulmate" -actually seeing their face- before they've actually met them in real life? Is this a "sign" that he's right around the corner?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rumor21

OMG i kid you not literally the same thing happened to me.

I'm engaged to the brown-haired brown eyed lovey of mine. ^_^

It was a very happy dream. I met him the year later but didn't realize it was him--he was dating my best friend at the time. Only after high school did we get to be great friends and then we eventually started going out & the rest as they say is history.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yes, first one turned out to be exact as the dream was & happened the very next day, even the girl was exact same appearance so was the park & how we sat down on the grass at night even the same sitting positions. It does happen.
edit on 26-1-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well, this just might be your own "masculine side" you are dreaming of... that said, I did have an experience something like that.

When I was about ten years old, I woke up in the middle of the night, seeing a girl floating in the air in front of me. She was lying on her side, head propped up on her hand, just watching me. She looked a lot like me though. I screamed and hid my head under the covers, and eventually fell back asleep, afraid to peek and see if she was still there.

But a few days later, I met a girl my age, and we instantly became best friends. We were inseparable for years, our mothers became tight friends too, and we looked so much alike, we often told strangers we were twins (because they always assumed it anyways, we just played along).

But even when our lives took different turns and we lived far apart, we always got in touch again once in a while and found with surprise that our lives took parallel directions. We were pregnant at the same time and such.

We still keep in touch now. She is the oldest friend I've got.

But I keep having the suspicion that the girl I saw that night in my room was her.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hi there,

My name is Mike. Once I had a dream that I lived in a wonderful little house and it made me feel good and at home. After the dream, I began searching and one day I wasn't paying any attention and then I noticed this house for the first time that I loved and it was the house from my dream. It's funny because I've passed this house many times, but I never noticed it was there and you wouldn't ever notice it was there unless you took a close look. I decided that someday I will buy this house and I will have a garden. I follow the house on Zillow, lol.

To dating, that's a crazier story. One time I drempt that I met and dated a girl named Sarah who couldn't speak. And for some reason I had an unusual feeling during that dream that I've never had again since. Anyways, I don't think I've drempt about her since and I've never met anyone who couldn't speak so I'm not sure what to make of it.

I find it really interesting that you keep dreaming of the same person. Can you provide any details on what they look like, what they do, or what's their name? Everyone's different and has different experiences in life. Who am I to say if this person is real or not and if dreams are just chemicals moving around in your brain or some deep message hand picked for you by a divine creator. Given that, if you provide any of his info, I'll let you know if I meet anyone with his description, lol.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Yes. Once, very clearly and specifically. I dreamed that I was in a restaurant waiting to have lunch or dinner with a person whose name was J------. The next day or so I got a RANDOM email on Linkedin from someone whose name was J-----, asking if I wanted to grab lunch and talk about something specific. That person and I had never been connected in any other way before.

I've also had similar very specific dreams come to pass.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I had 11 dreams in last 4 years about I girl I didn't know. At first I never thought she existed, however over the years my dreams evolved from a myth and nonsense towards truth and fact. Turns out she lives on the other side of my street for years and I have just noticed last year bumping into her. Dreams are real from my experience and their is some sort of relationship towards the real world they are not nonsense and meaningless but not 100% true either.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Yes , my Ex Wife . What a Nightmare!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I just woke up from that type of dream. I don't know if it was because I saw this thread a couple of days ago, or if it just happened. I'll skip over parts of the dream and go right to the description of the woman because that seemed to be the strangest part of the dream. When she first walked into the room the dress she was wearing was a white dress that had some kind of green luminescence, she walked behind a wall and came back out and the luminescence had turned to pink, and I asked wasn't that dress green just a few seconds ago, and she walked behind the wall again and when she came out again it was green with pink highlights.she had blond hair and was very beautiful, it was kind of strange because she herself had some sort of luminescent quality but I don't know if it was coming off the dress or if it was her, but , she herself was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Hell yeah. Its the one reason why I cant dismiss psychic phenomenon no matter how hard I try. I dont even just dream about them. I can just think about them and all these little bits of information pop into my head and prove to be right. It blows my mind and is kind of cool really /scary.

All I have to do is just sit and think about them and I start to learn all these different things. I mostly think its stuff they are thinking.

IMO, its not just loose and random, or fate driven. Either they think of you, or you think of them.

Most recent subject, knew he had a brother he partially raised. Is a brother he kind of bosses around. Knew his insecurities, his strengths, and his mindset. Never met him. Probably wont. Based off past experience, I dont even doubt it anymore.

This is the more fringe side of me. I dont talk about it anymore since its entirely unprovable outside of my mind. I just know to trust my instincts 100% and they seem to be more acute as time passes in that "trust".

We all do this and dont even realize it. If you dwell and question it too much it slips away. Its like trying to hold water in your hands. Just drink what you can. Who cares how much is spilled and how much is drank. If you have water in your hands DRINK IT!

If you feel /know something, take it in. Its probably not wrong. It only proves to be wrong when you change it in your mind after you try to process it for consumption. usually we do that automatically, worry about the information staying in our hands and forget that we scooped it up to drink it in. We spill it all without a drop touching our minds lips.

I hope that makes sense. LOL

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 4 11 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hi I have similar dreams well started about 1-2 years ago I dreamed of meeting this man rescued him from a car wreck in my dream but was verry short dream other time I dreamed him in my room smiling at me as I was sleeping I thought he was my boyfriend I was currently dateing and asked him to come over to me he did and layed his head on my chest smiled at me like so much love he had nHO0Ks me when I realized he wasnt me boyfriend I told him wait your not and then he left another time he came to see me in a house I had never seen and all I remember is he touched my face and kissed me then left year later I dreamed of him again that night I went to bed sad he came to me touching my face again I looked at him and said why are you here he said because I had to see you your sad and I layed with him awhile with my head on his chest I asked him his name and he told me I remember writing it down and then he had to leave I was so sad to say bye I woke up trying to remember his name but sadly I didnt remember recently I had a dream about him he was sitting beside me and I notice he had an accent I had asked him what nationality he was he said scottish thats the only thing I remember when I woke up I know hes tall slender dark brown are black hair facial hair possibly green are blue eyes Verry charming looking .....

edit on 23-5-2015 by mandyraye87 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't know about dreaming of someone I've never met but recently ive dreamt of a girl I went to school with but never talked to because she was a year below me. Don't know what that could mean ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join