It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian social network founder says he has been fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Russian social network founder says he has been fired

The founder of Russia's most popular social network site says he has been fired and that allies of President Putin have taken over his site.

"Today VKontakte goes under the complete control of Igor Sechin and Alisher Usmanov.....

Mr Usmanov, who is the richest man in Russia according to Forbes, made his money in iron ore and steel and until recently held a stake in Facebook. He has a large shareholding in VKontakte via his internet company Mail.ru.

Does anyone believe this to be anything other than a direct show of force from powerful Russian corporations in response to antagonism from western nations?

Is this the nation we are trying to sanction?, I hope not.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Bellor because: apologies if already posted. I did search.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
And this is exactly what Putin does best

If you have watched and payed close enough attention to Putins rise he is overhauling his new Soviet Union from controlling the media, to the oligarch, he has stepped on just about everyone opposing him and his dream, it wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last

I think it's obvious as to what Putin intends to do with it

Here's some good little documentary for anyone wanting to get up to speed on this man

edit on 22-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Claims his resignation was a April fools joke ..mm looks like the joke was on him ..Now is't it interesting that the Govt. had asked him for information on the users of the site? This tells me that Russia is not running a NSA type program .Are you listening Edward ?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Putin has regularly stressed his nation does not carry out mass surveillance on its domestic population, it might now however.

I believe it should also be stresed Alisher Usmanov corporation Metalloinvest has enormous mining and manufacturing interests in two very key regions, Belgorod Oblast and Kursk Oblast

For anyone interested an Oblast is a type of administrative division in certain Slavic countries, including some countries of the former Soviet Union

Bearing in mind the geography of those Oblasts in relation to the city of Donetsk or rather the
Donetsk Oblast as a whole, things could become somewhat clearer.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bellor Very interesting stuff . I can see why all the fuss over the Ukraine as you start putting dot's together .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Claims his resignation was a April fools joke ..mm looks like the joke was on him ..Now is't it interesting that the Govt. had asked him for information on the users of the site? This tells me that Russia is not running a NSA type program .Are you listening Edward ?

Any country which has homegrown threats or a multicultural society has NSA type programs, Russia has just as many as anyone else... Or maybe they don't, maybe they're still using gifted Psychics & Clairvoyants ?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis Then it wouldn't make sense that Snowden would ask such a question if all or most countries would have a threat .I think Snowden was referring to the blanket type surveillance program that the NSA has .

top topics

join