It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Voter suppression a question for conservatives.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:19 PM
a reply to: GunzCoty

Not anymore.

This is a common misdirection on the part of the GOP.

Civil rights was pretty much fought solely in the Democratic Party. The activists on both sides were democrats. Strom Thurman became the figure head of the segregation movement and at the time he was a democrat.

That said the pro civil rights side won the civil war in the Democratic Party so stom Thurman changed parties going republican. Before civil rights the south voted for dems. The first year the south voted for a republican president in decades was 1964, the year the civil rights act passed.

So it's not true that the GOP were the champions of civil rights in the 60s. They were the moderates. The champions of and against civil rights were both democrats. However after it passed all those opposed went republican, not because the GOP was against civil rights, but because the democrats had championed civil rights

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:49 PM
a reply to: ArtemisE

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 had more Democrats voting "NO" than Republicans.

The original House version:

Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate:

Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version:

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Civil Rights Act of 1964

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: SaturnFX

Proof would help.

You know what dude. You are like..the complete opposite of me in every possible way people could be.

Yet I like your attitude. heh.

I quite enjoy sparring with you.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:51 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

Exactly like I said. Go look it up. All the "notable" figures on both sides were dems. The GOP stayed out of the fray and let the democrats fight it out. I'm not saying they were against civil rights. They were for it. But it wasn't their baby. It was a fight between northern liberal democrats vs. southern conservative democrats. So really it was a civil war in the democrat party. Once the southern "Dixie crats" lost, the disinfranchiesed went republican. Not because the GOP was against civil rights but because they were pissed at the northern democrats for championing them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:58 PM
They literally either can't defend it..or won't even admit to themselves how jacked up it is.

Oh the thing I forgot was ending early and Sunday voting which solely targets blacks.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM

originally posted by: ArtemisE
They literally either can't defend it..or won't even admit to themselves how jacked up it is.

Oh the thing I forgot was ending early and Sunday voting which solely targets blacks.

How many are affected ?

And where ?

[ Assuming we can boldly ask that is ]

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

If you type in voter fraud in a search engine it may surprise some people just how bad it has gotten.
All total, 35,750 voters with matching first and last names and dates of birth were registered in North Carolina and another state, and voted in both states in the 2012 general election. Another 765 voters with an exact match of first and last name, date of birth and last four Social Security digits were registered and voted in the 2012 general election.

Twenty-eight states participated in the crosscheck, leaving missing data from the remaining 22 other states.
So what we have here is at least 81 dead individuals voting from the grave, and more than 35,000 individuals voting in at least two states in the 2012 general election. And it is important to note that Barack Obama carried North Carolina by fewer than 15,000 votes in the 2008 general election.
Additionally, a local Florida reporter took it upon himself to ferret out voter fraud by cross-referencing the state’s voter rolls with jury duty cards on which people declined to check the box to serve due to their non-citizen status. This NBC correspondent discovered nearly 100 ineligible voters in his county alone, of which several admitted on camera that they 1) were not U.S. citizens, and 2) voted in U.S. elections. One woman was quoted as boasting, “I vote every year.”

Again, it is no surprise that voter fraud continues to run rampant in this country with a Justice Department unwilling, and it would appear for political reasons, to seriously investigate such cases. Rather, they spend their time and taxpayer dollars suing states with voter ID laws on the books.

To the Op: Republicans are raciest (you bought that hook, line, sinker and all!) Look up West Virginia's Democratic United States Senator Robert C. Byrd..... You might also want to look up who started the KKK... hint it wasn't republicans/////
The [Ku Klux] Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. Its purposes were political in the broadest sense, for it sought to affect power relations, both public and private, throughout Southern society. It aimed to destroy the Republican Party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, re-establish control of the black labor force and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern Life.” Today, it not only has “control of the black labor force,” it has control over the black vote – the very vote it sought to deny for most of those 130 years after the War Between the States.

Now they are working on doing the same thing with the Spanish vote only using different tactics...

Again the history is there all one has to do is look.

There is book written by Eric Foner, author of “A Short History of Reconstruction.” which covers much of our past political history and the way things got started for us to arrive at where we are today.

Both parties misdirect and play with the truth to benefit their own endeavors... Don't fall for it

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:22 PM
a reply to: 727Sky

You idiots can't stop going racial can you. I've said multiple times it's not a racial thing!!

Also were not talking about voter ID! So voter fraud doesn't really come into play. Also all your proof of fraud was registration fraud. Like with acorn.

I'm talking about the practices that have nothing to do with fraud.

Cutting Sunday voting knowing blacks go vote after church on that Sunday.

One voter poll for the city the size of Chicago when there are multiple in rural areas that vote predominantly GOP.

Cutting down voting days and early voting days.

I did a whole post on how civil rights was a civil war inside the democrat party. Funny you didn't name strom Thurman the head Dixie crat and anti civil rights guy. Because he left " or was kicked out" of the democrat party.

Not once has any conservative addressed the OP.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:13 AM

The state I live in has 1 day to vote. Be there or be square.

As for the games politicians play with boundaries . Saying the Republicans do it is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Your side does it to . I live in what people refer to purple state. New growth caused a new district. At the time Democrats were in key places . 2 districts split into 3 the republican areas were split to the heavy Dem . Before the split 1 district majority Gop the other Dem. after rezoning and split all 3 were Dem majority . My polling place use to be middle of district now its far end of district as far from Gop area as possible 20 mile dive now. One neighbor 1 mile away different district has to drive 20 also the new polling are not even centered if it was it would be at my old polling place 8 miles away.

I feel the Democrats tried to suppress my vote .

This is exactly why some states need court approval for redistricting.

You know they say ex smoker are about smoking well I am an ex Democrat

And God I am so sick and tired of the damn race card being played its not a I Win button play it you win. To me the race relations are worse now than since mid 60s. To me all men are created but once a person waves that race card they are degrading themselves unless it true . Like prison sentences that's true.

Before I go will leave a little humor to true to be funny. This is the best reason for voter id that multi voters 2 or 3 times

edit on 23-4-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:09 AM

I have two questions for you, and my answer is in the question.

Black panther much? Acorn much?

What a load of crap!

edit on 23-4-2014 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:49 AM
a reply to: Diisenchanted

The one black panther in front of the one place in Philly that 99.5% of the voters are black who vote dem. dude that's a completely debunked talking point..... Ridiculous if you fell for that.

And acorn was registration fraud. Acorn was paying low income people to register voters. Well they were paying per registration, not per hour, and not really checking into the registrations. So what happens? Some people go home and just make up fake people to register. That's where all the Micky mouse and Elvis Presley registrations come from. Guess what tho. Micky and Elvis don't show up to vote!

These are fake issues you've been duped into falling for. Tell me if they continue to shear you or if next time the just skin you and are done with it. Aka I just called you a sheeple.

Oh way to ignore the OP and blame shift rather then debate the topic..... Yet more proof of your sheepleness!

edit on 23-4-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM

originally posted by: ArtemisE
This is mainly a thread for conservatives.

Boy...that'll teach you!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

Thank you for addressing the OP I think your the first conservative who has. I'm not a democrat I think there all garbage... I do think the conservative evangelicals who presently seem to run the GOP's policies are outdated and more dangerous to society then what the dems are offering.... But that's my opinion.

I don't know why y'all all keep playing the race card then? I wrote like 2 paragraphs on how it wasn't for racial reasons. Yet dvery one of you have found some way to make it playing the race card... It's not. It's a tactic, like a military maneuver. Kinda like Lincon freeing the slaves only in the south. It was to cause revolt behind enemy lines. Not because northerners ALL came to their senses.

Really seems to me y'all consider the race card a get out of jail free card.

." Oh they said something racial. So now I can complain about that instead of adressing the topic."

I'm a big talk radio fan... Call in a lot. It blows my mind how their listeners fall for their garbage. They will literally say someone is playing the race card for even mentioning a minority. Then play the race card to there benifit for the rest of there show.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:14 AM
In the last election for POTUS in the city of Phildelphia there was a 116% black turn out for Obama.......

They all seemed to find a why to vote and get counted AND SOME!

Nope, no fraud here... move along.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
Democrats do redistricting also. Here is some proof, with election result facts.

In California, Democrats' Redistricting Strategy Paid Off

I think we can all agree redistricting is a sham and is being abused.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:04 AM
a reply to: jjkenobi

Agreed. Redistricting should be done by the courts. Not a governor appointed committe. The GOP was just smarter in playing the long game. Focusing on elections that would give them the power to make such changes.

Really we should be finding a way to make sur everyone votes. While at the same time assuring the integrity.

Seems to me everyone agrees there's more people that agree with progressive policies. They just don't vote in enough numbers to matter.... If that's true? Isn't it pretty inconstitutional to go the other way?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM

There has been one question along these lines which I think is begging for an answer.

What do you do when everyone who is required to have voter ID get it.
Then goes to the polls and votes against the very politicians who put the ID laws in place ?
Didn't that just defeat the purpose of passing the law?
From what I have heard there has not been any "wholesale" voter fraud any where in the U S, so why the big push against it in the first place. It sounds like it was just the best excuse somebody could think up.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
How is having to have a id to vote suppression? I never got that. If anything being able to prove you are who you say you are insures a fair and honest election. Considering the rather simple prerequisites we have to vote in the US, having id to vote just ensures that you are meeting those requirements. As for the gerrymandering, well considering that is a tit for tat for who ever happens to be in control at the time it is a rather mute point. Bothparties do it and claiming that is solely on Republicans that are guilty of it is joke. Taking the example of the fake registrations, we see that for monetary compensation some people will do anything for the right price. We cannot assume people have good intentions just because that is what we want to believe. The reality is people cannot be trusted to act in good faith on their own or we would not need laws now would we?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM

My reply of 20 lines

4 + a one word line mentioned race card

12 lines addressing OP

3 Joke and bs

your reply to me 13 lines disused race

5 original post ? Not going to take the bait.

Back to voting suppression. Fraudulent voting is a way of suppression, for every fraudulent vote is basically denying a voter of their vote .

pop of 100

20 vote x
23 vote y
15 fake vote vote x
final count 35 to 23 candidate x won

voter turnout 43 actual 58 with fake voters.

The fraudulent voting totally wiped out one side suppression 1 fraudulent vote = 1 voter suppressed . Same thing as not allowing them to vote.

Voter ID stops this suppression.

People have had their party affiliation changed when going threw some state and federal programs . Suppress their vote in primaries.

Rounding up alcoholics booze for vote for x = suppression of y voters . The incident with the black panthers in philly Holder not prostituting the is a form of suppression first at philly they got away with it. Second it opens the door for similar events with no prosecution .

To clean up the cesspools we have in Dc or in politics in general it will take more than fixing voter suppression from fraudulent voting zone lines polling places ect.

Money envy , abortion, religion, race baiting , and the 2 parties tv talking sock puppets keep driving wedges between Americans . If we ever dropped the hyphenated American labels forgot political labels and started voting for American ideals instead of voting for special interest. We could clean up politics .

And another thought .

It doesn’t matter how the votes are cast, but how they’re counted.”
Joseph Stalin

Which has been hinted at .

When the courts decide a winner instead of voters that is suppression.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:19 PM
a reply to: hangedman13

Jesus you conservatives can't read can you.... This is not about voter ID!

There is a logical argument for voter ID. I do buy into the thought that more legal voters will miss out then fraud it'll stop, but there is logic there.

This is about the other tactics they use!

Only one of you has replied without screaming racism or going voter ID... I guess I should have predicted this.. I started the thread after another conservative kept dodging.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>