Voter suppression a question for conservatives.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is mainly a thread for conservatives.

While I agree that there is a logical argument for voter ID. I have never heard a conservatives opinion on the other voter suppression tactics used by the GOP.

I was debating one on another thread and voter ID came up. We did the same ole argument we all play out. With him saying its good to protect the integrity and me saying it will restrict more then it protects.

Well this isn't about that. This is about the other tactics involved.

All the gerrymandering.

The having one or two polling places in urban centers with a gazillion people while there's 2 for every one horse town in rural areas.

There's one more thing I'm forgetting I'll edit it in when I remember. :p

I guess I should state that it's not my opinion that the GOP is a racist organization. I think taht all the white racists vote republican, but I don't think the majority of republicans are racists, nor do I think the talking head politicians and radio hosts are. IMHO it's simply a stratgey to win. They know black people vote dem. so they try and keep their voting low. I would describe racism as the belief that a race as a whole are inferior to your race.... Or I guess someone else's lol. That's not what I see happening. I believe it's more of a " bears and packers" type rivalry. It's a military style tactic.

So I'm just wondering what the constitutionalist and such think about such tactics. Is it ok as long as there voting for the other guy?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

What gerrymandering ? The Constitution sets the States' guidelines for the Congressional districts by population only.

What voter suppression tactics? Things like citizenship and being registered in more than one district? Things like "dead" people on the rolls and voting? Things like fake I.D.'s ?

The having one or two polling places in urban centers with a gazillion people while there's 2 for every one horse town in rural areas.
What long lines ? How are "Republicans" responsible for "long lines" in big cities? Especially Democrat cities? Don't the local election committees set the rules?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The FACT that your OP is all about "WHITE" racists?

Did you purposely disguise this as about "voter suppression" to attack white people or did you just take your original thought in the wrong direction??

Seriously?

Like people whom were born with white skin are the only ones capable of being racists?????

WOW

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If you don't have enough polling place's this would effect who ever is in that area voting, not just Dems.

If most all the people you call racist vote GOP then are all the blacks racist towards white politicians if 92% vote for Obama ??

And how do THEY keep black people voting low, you did not mention how they were doing this, you said something about "military style tactic's...what is that ?

edit on 22-4-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You are willfully ignorant or misinformed, I'll assume it's the former.

"What gerrymandering ? The Constitution sets the States' guidelines for the Congressional districts by population only."

Yes that is correct, what GOP does is that it divides the districts as to get the most seats, that is what gerrymandering is.

Lets use a simplified model: Suppose in an area there are 58 people that vote Dem, and 42 that vote GOP. Now suppose each district is to be made of 10 people. This would mean that we could have 10 districts consisting of 10 people each.

The GOP gerrymanders and redraws the lines for each district as to maximize their seats. They would have 3 districts with 10 Dem voters each and 0 GOP voters. The 7 other districts would have 6 GOP votes to 4 Dem votes. Even though the area would've voted 58-42 in favor of Dems, the GOP end up getting 7 seats to the Dems 3 seats.

THIS IS GERRYMANDERING, either you don't know that or are pretending to not know that. Furthermore, this is a simplified model, but this is the basis of the "military style" tactics the GOP uses.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
"Racism" is a term you use when you've run out of logical arguments. Screw your accusations about racism.

Now, about "gerrymandering." You accuse the GOP of doing it. Let me tell you a little story. I grew up in a mid-sized town. We had a politician in the State legislature who was very popular, but a certified contrarian who was widely seen as a pain in the butt. Every ten years after the US Census the State Legislature was tasked with drawing up new Congressional districts at both the state and federal levels. This guy's name was "Rasmussen" and he lived in a neighborhood like everyone else. So the committee on redistricting drew up the new districts and created what became known as the "Rasmussen stovepipe" by drawing a rectangle from another district that typically voted for the "other" party, up a few blocks to include Rasmussen's house, then back down again to connect with the other party's "district."

This is a good example of gerrymandering. Rasmussen lost the next election because of it and was kicked out of the legislature, much to the delight of the party bosses. He then ran for mayor of this town and won three consecutive terms.

The town was Tacoma, and all parties concerned were Democrats. The Rasmussen Stovepipe was drawn from a predominantly Republican district up to an around Rasmussen's house so he would be thrown into a GOP-dominated district.

But according to you, this is a GOP tactic. Let's talk about some other tactics practiced around the nation. How about the practice of drawing legislative districts in a serpentine fashion around a state specifically and expressly to include African American neighborhoods to the exclusion of white neighborhoods that are right next door to "ensure minority representation" in Congress. That's done all over the place, and it is gerrymandering, pure and simple. Of course, to the proponents is done for a "good cause," but make no mistake that is what it is. And it's done by Democrats.

Now, for the life of me I cannot understand why having to show ID to vote is "discriminatory," especially after I hear braggarts proclaiming they voted ten times for Obama during the last election, ha, ha, ha! Or that I see several thousand dead people voted for Obama.

But if anyone complains about this, they are deemed "RACISTS!"

As far as I am concerned, these are God damned hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Pistoche

Pretty good explanation.

But you need to sell that by showing all the examples and how each actually was "Gerrymandered".

How many "Democrat" districts have ever been chopped up into "Republican" districts.

And of course there must be more examples the other way around eh.

Examples and court challenges must be shown or it never happened.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But if anyone complains about this, they are deemed "RACISTS!" - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of people criticize POTUS and are not racist. People generally aren't even able to define what "race" is or what "white" is. If you are trying to garner sympathy about being called (deemed?) racist it's not working.

Why does being called ignorant names hurt your feelings? Who cares anyway if you are not a bigot? You know yourself better than anyone right?

buck up.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The FACT that your OP is all about "WHITE" racists?

Did you purposely disguise this as about "voter suppression" to attack white people or did you just take your original thought in the wrong direction??

Seriously?

Like people whom were born with white skin are the only ones capable of being racists?????

WOW

Are you serious? Self identified "whites" are the authoritarian class in the US and they know it. You've noticed that right? The impact of a racist with power over you is 100x more important than someone racist that you subordinate.

Subordinated classes have valid reasons to hate authoritarians that have nothing to do with skin color. Authoritarians that bias on skin color are truly bigots in the full sense of the word. They have the power to subordinate other people and make life unpleasant.

I am convinced you know the game and just feigning ignorance for amusement.
edit on 22-4-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

GOP being racist?

I'm really confused of how you can to that conclusion and the GOP isn't a "organization" it is a political party or affiliation. I'm sorry normally I don't bash threads but I find no logic in the OP at all...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We could examine the most recent results in the 2012 Presidential elections. Republicans had complete control (state senate, state congress and governor) in seven states (Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Virginia, Florida, and Ohio), and this is what happened in those seven states:

In the seven states where Republicans had complete control over the redistricting process, Republican House candidates received 16.7 million votes and Democratic House candidates received 16.4 million votes. The redistricting resulted in Republican victories in 73 out of the 107 affected seats; in those 7 states, Republicans received 50.4% of the votes but won in over 68% of the congressional districts.

I could not find anything remotely similar on the Democrat side of things, but you are free to do your own research to refute my statements.

Source: Wikipedia - Gerrymandering

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What gerrymandering ? The Constitution sets the States' guidelines for the Congressional districts by population only.

What voter suppression tactics? Things like citizenship and being registered in more than one district? Things like "dead" people on the rolls and voting? Things like fake I.D.'s ?

What long lines ? How are "Republicans" responsible for "long lines" in big cities? Especially Democrat cities? Don't the local election committees set the rules?

And this post right here is how you know how absolutely disingenuous the conservatives are. endless examples and instead of explaining each one, they simply say it doesn't exist.

When someone specifically states something that is categorically and easily provably untrue, what does that make that person? and with them being the word you just filled in, why would you listen to anything they ever say?
Its one thing to be truly ignorant, or using spin logic, but when you flat out lie, then any and all credibility towards your opinion is nul and void.

If this was a ufo forum, and the person presented a video they CGIed in the video, would you listen to him on any other video he presents?

Liars! Treasonous, and very very much Anti-American.
Our ancestors died for the people to have the right to vote. the tactics to harm that right for the citizens need a firing squad. History will view these efforts one of two ways...either the anti-americans whom tried to take over the country and fully hand it to the corporate influences, or it will simply be omitted from history should they succeed.

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and etc...

Liars!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pistoche

LOL

You failed completely to show any evidence at all.

"Before & After" maps would help.

Actual vote results too.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Actually I referred to white racists because all the black racists vote democrat. Obviously

Now who's the one jumping to racist conclusions?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Proof would help.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Regardless of Voter ID, I still don't understand why in this day and age a person can't acquire and produce a valid ID. If you are an illegal, thats understandable, but if you were born here and lived here all your life, what's the effin' deal?
Why can't you produce an ID? I don't care what color you are, where's your ID?

Oh I get it, you're hiding from the man... gotcha... good luck with that a few years from now... grin...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

I specifically said the GOP as an organization isn't racist. Just using suppression as an election tactic.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Just to let you know, the white racists vote democrat.
The KKK (started by the democrats) = white racists.
white racists = democratic votes.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CAPT PROTON

We're not talking about voter ID!!

Not one conservative has addressed the OP. It's been all screaming racism, which I wrote a paragraph on how it wasn't done for racist reasons. Isn't that exactly what y'all accuse liberals of. Ignoring the point and screaming racism?

At least the left knows our politicians are
Are dirt bag pragmatists. We're not the sheeple who refuse to logically debate point and counter point.

P.S. If any intellegent conservatives join this post and join in I don't mean you.

P.s.s. I know they exist I was debating one just last week on here.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GunzCoty

The Republican party slowly become a conservative party throughout the first half of the 20th century where it sided with big business and big banks while the Democratic party trended toward the liberal ideas of fair labor and mandating corporate regulation. The Democratic southern conservatives completed the shift following the civil rights movement of the 1960's becoming Republicans, while those involved with the social revolution and anti-war efforts of the 60's gravitated toward the more liberal leadership that had taken hold in the Democratic party.

Nice try, those Democrats that founded the KKK are the Republicans of today. You are the type of person to proudly state that Lincoln was a Republican. Yes, he was a Republican, but Republicans from that day had the ideals of Democrats of today. If Lincoln ran today, he would run as a Democrat. Similarly, if the founders of KKK ran today, they would be Republicans.

"Not all Republicans are racist, but all racists are Republicans."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join