It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason; The only reason to not vote by party lines.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Reason is the capacity for consciously making sense of things, applying logic, for establishing and verifying facts, and changing or justifying practices, institutions, and beliefs based on new or existing information.[1] It is closely associated with such characteristically human activities as philosophy, science, language, mathematics, and art, and is normally considered to be a definitive characteristic of human nature.[2] The concept of reason is sometimes referred to as rationality and sometimes as discursive reason, in opposition to intuitive reason.[3]

As a human being capable of rational thought, I know that no issue is simple, nothing can be boiled down to two sides.

The fact that politics in America has become what amounts to Sports; though I would liken it more to Professional wrestling. Should show to all Reasoning people the fallacy of it all.

I understand that we have been taught that voting should be a practice where we pick winners.
My Side, Your Side.

That is divide and Conquer, a method of holding power.

The incumbents need to be thrown out no matter their party.

The point of Congress is to debate the will of the people. Not ram an agenda through, there have been far too many examples of the system failing us for greed for me to even begin to be optimistic about ANY party.

UNTIL we address lobbying, Congress is a Toilet that needs to be flushed regularly, limit the corruption by de-facto giving them one term.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Preaching to the choir my friend! As much as people bitch and moan about wanting things to change, they just can't do it unless they have (someone/group) to hate to be able to even understand what making a change is about!

Your points were

People need to be vigilant to maintain the Republic and the people have NOT been vigilant!

It seems it takes a government or group to rile people up before they even think about what being vigilant means.....
edit on 22-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Preaching to the choir my friend! As much as people bitch and moan about wanting things to change, they just can't do it unless they have (someone/group) to hate to be able to even understand what making a change is about!

Your points were

Yea, Ill vote a house cat if it gets a long time Incumbent out on their ass.

Spiteful? sure,

But I figure its no more damaging than voting a team.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Put this statement in the Predictions forum!

People are pissed because of the Affordable Care Act!

So what will they do?

Vote in the Republicans to take control of the Senate and Congress!

Same ole dumb ass experiment that will do nothing more than finish the final flush of our country and it's sovereignty!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Put this statement in the Predictions forum!

People are pissed because of the Affordable Care Act!

So what will they do?

Vote in the Republicans to take control of the Senate and Congress!

Same ole dumb ass experiment that will do nothing more than finish the final flush of our country and it's sovereignty!

tragedy and hope, By a man Named Carroll Quigley.

Influenced people like the Clinton's...

He argued that in a Nuclear age, the common man, would need 2 parties.

So that the overall agenda would be followed no matter what.

Just replace the party with the other when ever the people got Feed up, let them feel like they did something about the problem...

ETA:

Some parts from Tragedy and Hope.

The two parties should be almost identical so that the American
people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy.

Either party in office becomes in time corrupt, tired, unenterprising and vigorless. Then it should be possible to replace it every four years by the other party which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.

edit on 22-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The more I follow the political state of the US the more I will believe freeman from youtube that says Obama will be the last president of the USA .There is no way to reform it and no way they will allow you to .It's their baby and they will decide the outcome either by hook or crook .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I was against the policy of mandatory one term for congress men and women but I am seriously thinking baout changing that stance. The out right brazen corruption of these people is unbelievable. Did anyone here the story of Harry Reid taken money from his campaign to buy his granddaughter some jewelry. The he gets caught and says its okay I can just pay the money back.

Yeah now that you have been caught. But there is no consequnces no punishment. This is Madness no this is the United States Congress

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Star and flag to you.Every election I see the same people vote the party lines,then complain the rest of the time about what screw ups the congress and senate is.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I am not so sure that the people will vote in the republicans to take full control of the congress. The republicans have no mojo right now no momentum all they hav eis like you said angst over Obama care. is that enough to take congress. We still have a couple months to gradually accept it. any maybe people will just do that and let there anger die away. I mean thats what we American's are known now for just letting it go its not so bad. Examples?? I am glad you asked. Patriot Act,TSA full body inspection, gopvernment spying,drone attacks on innocent women and children,

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I agree, I don't know how anyone can think about party lines anymore all politicians lie to get where they want to be then flip.

Its not party lines, its the lesser of two, three or four evils...how insane is that !!

Until the people start using there power to recall and impeach this will only get worse.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

I agree, I don't know how anyone can think about party lines anymore all politicians lie to get where they want to be then flip.

Its not party lines, its the lesser of two, three or four evils...how insane is that !!

Until the people start using there power to recall and impeach this will only get worse.

All it takes is the people making it clear, we will not stand for it any more.

Politics as usual, would be the quick route to unemployment.
edit on 22-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The only way to send a clear message to Washington is to vote for anyone other than democrat or republican. If your worried about giving your vote away, think about how priceless it would be just to see the astonished faces of long-time political incumbents losing their seats on the nightly news! We can't have anything worst then what we have now. It's time the American public cleans house!

top topics

join