It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn clickable Ventura background!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PaperMetel

Nothing to do with the picture. I understand ATS' "partnership" with Ventura. As I said I read through the page the link led to. What I was ranting (half in jest) about was the fact that the entire background was one ginormous link that was far to easy to click, especially if you strayed off the scroll bar.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Just for the record, when I said "scowling face" it was meant in a fond way. He was sort of like that stern father figure guy over there. Doesn't change the fact that it was inconvenient to be redirected every time my mouse slipped off the scroll bar, though.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
I had no issue with the background itself, but I have to agree that it was very annoying for the whole background to be a clickable link that took me away from what I was reading at least 100 times. Thanks goes to whoever removed it.

Pretty much this. The clicking part is all that annoyed me, and it wasn't that bad. Letting us know things that are going on with ATS via a background image is legit. Just would be best without the click anywhere aspect.

I appreciate Mr Ventura's input. I think the ATS community is more knowledgeable about many issues than he is, however he represents a viewpoint none of us have, and has actually gone out and seen things that none of us have. (i'm sure i've experienced some crazy things he hasn't too, but I haven't been a governor) Direct experience on these matters is a very valuable contribution to ATS, as is the sense of legitimacy Mr Ventura carries with lots of folks who aren't all the way to the "ATS level" yet. I don't think he ever claimed to know everything, and I found him to be personable in the dialogue of the ask me anything.

On the other side of the partnership, we most certainly provide a level of "news first here" and more thorough research on a lot of subjects he might not otherwise be aware of. And that is good for informing greater numbers of people. Don't we want the greatest number of people possible informed about the world around them, so we can all make the best informed decisions we can?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Jesse is a tv-host for a tv-show, that is aiming to make people think about our current world. Its a great attempt to get people involved. Also he has to pick up interest from all people, mostly in the USA, to make them interested in the current problems. He has involved himself in many debates on this event, and i appreciate his efforts.

I welcome his work on this. He is standing by his concerns. But yes... it is a TV-show. How much more can you expect? Fight his way to the WH in a plastic-tank?

Im looking forward to the show advertised. Since i am "of the grid" too, im sure he wont mind i gotta obtain the show by obscure means

edit on 22/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well problem solved, so thanks ATS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join