It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Again: A group looking to indict members of Congress who violate the U.S. Constitution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Actually minor breaches are up to the individual house (the House or Senate) to handle. The Supreme Court doesn't become involved unless it is a huge issue.

The thing is moot point anyway since States are not allowed to enter into treaties with one another. America Again seeks to hold Grand Juries within the home state of the member of Congress.

It is a great idea to hold elected officials to a set of reprisals beyond their control and protection, that is how tyranny is suppressed after all. But this isn't exactly the way to get it done. Although it is far more peaceful and civil than what the Constitution itself prescribes as a means to an end when the Federal government ignores its role and petitions served.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
a reply to: freakjive

Start with Obama, cut the head off the snake.

He is in fact one of the biggest threats to the beloved constitution.

-SAP-

Nah, the puppet's just doing what he's told.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Don't get me wrong I am all for holding government accountable to the people. I just don't think this method of accountability is realistic or even lawful and I truly believe this idea will cause more damage than it intends to protect against.

Not trying to be overbearing or anything. I just feel very strongly this is a bad idea in its current form.

<< 1   >>

join