It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney a.k.a. Darth Vader

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

So, I guess not (as far as whether we can anticipate actual responses or if you're [yall are] planning to participate in threads you start).

Anyway...go JESSE!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The OTG team will respond to posts from this account, and Jesse will reply directly from his own account- Jesse Ventura. We will also feature questions from ATS members in the show starting in a few weeks. a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Okay then!! Thank you for posting that!!

Helps a lot.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Who can forget these gems:

edit on 23-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I agree it's good that people debate about his politics and explore his history, but we should be careful to realize that the judgement we pass on others can easily return to us unexpectedly. Anyone alive today has had it happen plenty of times I'm sure, so I bet most relate to it.

I can only hope the judgements passed on me are as deserved as Cheney's. I've never been a corrupt politician who callously destroyed lives around the world. I don't fear judgement I just hope it's justified.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

IMO the premise is flawed because Cheney is a real life individual and not a soap opera character that can be vilified for the poor decisions made many different political leaders lead to the Iraq War. Cheney and the other architects of the Iraq war had plenty of enables . Both John Kerry and Hillary Clinton voted for the Iraq and there attempts to cover up this fact.

As much as I dislike Cheney actions as Vice President it is of the most vital importance that people focus international events in the present and the future. Ultimately the Obama and next presidential administration will sell out Iraq to Islamic extremists and they rest as they say will be history.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I would disagree. The premise is that the Bush administration, led by both Bush and Cheney, intentionally lied us into a pre-emptive attack/invasion.
  • The "intelligence Dossier" was actually plagiarized from a term paper written by Ibrahim al-Marashi, a student at the time.
  • The claim about Iraq trying to obtain "yellow cake" from Niger was a lie.
  • The "mobile weapons lab" information presented in the speech given by Powell at the UN was a lie.
  • The Downing Street memos revealed the US was intentionally lying about Iraq in order to justify the attack.
  • Using a propaganda technique attributed to Joseph Goebbels, the Bush Cartel simply brain washed the American people by repeating their lies over and over and over.
And we being somewhat easily programmable, believed it:

Poll: 70% believe Saddam, 9-11 link.

The belief in the connection persists even though there has been no proof of a link between the two.

So yes, most representatives (not Ron Paul) voted for the attack trusting that our government could never be evil enough to lie the United States into a pre-emptive attack/invasion resulting in the deaths of countless people.

edit on 24-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I've thought about responding to you since I read it yesterday.
Almost did a few times but backed out to think about it more.

Will go ahead and say this for now:
There's nothing wrong with seeking justice through our already existing law.

Although that may never happen in the case of the OP's topic, due to the weakness of international court bodies currently and the incredible political power the US state wields globally.

Just don't ever let those who wrong you lead you into self-destructive feelings.

By the way, thank you for the very kind compliment.
I really truly appreciate it and it means a lot.
Love you tons Owlbear!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: xpert11

I would disagree. The premise is that the Bush administration, led by both Bush and Cheney, intentionally lied us into a pre-emptive attack/invasion.

That is still a gross over simplification. You have failed to mention how the politicization of the intel community . Anybody at the CIA or another intel agency who had contradicted the fairy tale that was being spun they would have been out of a job and publicly ostracized. The American intel community didn't become so grossly politicized over night or the day Cheney walked into the White House.

My own personal view is that Cheney knew all along that the claims of Iraq having WMD's were false. Psychological factors my have been at work as well, the other key architects of the war may have been so desperate for it to go ahead that they were willing to believe any old nonsense about Iraq's WMD program.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Well imo any common sense tells me 9/11 was an inside job as Bin Laden a Saudi not an Afghan was a CIA asset plus the OS makes no sense at all. Physics doesn't lie and building 7 did not just collapse from fire. Cheney is a war criminal and should be doing life in prison along with all others involved. If you supported the war for profit on Afghanistan which was not directly involved or Iraq as well then why the heck did we not invade Saudi? I don't believe you are speaking what you really think but I can't blame people for supporting what might have made them money or benefited you in some way so I guess keep up the good work. The world is a much more hateful and violent place because of people like Cheney and his kind and that's a fact.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If Cheney and the Bush administration had nothing to do with 9/11 why did they try so hard to prevent an investigation then once it started do everything they could to not testify? Their actions reek of complicity in 9/11.
As for Cheney he played a critical role in outsourcing the military and in developing the "unitary executive" idea of unlimited Presidential powers. 2 of the most singularly destructive acts against our Republic.
Don't forget his 1% policy saying it's ok to kill 99 civilians so long as 1 terrorist gets hit.
The man is a monster.

My compliments to you Mr. Ventura for your commitment to truth and to American values.
A very thin line of honest politicians such as yourself have staved off even greater disasters for the US.
For those things you have my gratitude.
edit on 8-5-2014 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Have a watch of Errol Morris discussing his thoughts on Rumsfeld and the making of the documentary entitled the Unknown Known. Coming back to what I have posted in this thread in my own view a rethink of the Psychological factors is required to understand how the Iraq went from being somebody grand delusion to a awful reality.

Now stand alone Morris opinions are just that , but is he wrong about Rumsfeld being able to create a sort of fictional reality that he believes in and lives by?
Rumsfeld would hardly be the person in the White House to suffer from mental health issues . Nixon's paranoia is a matter of well documented historical evidence. Like Cheney , Nixon was vilified by the worst of his detractors.

To buy into this sort of invented alternate reality Cheney would have had to have been of the same state of mind as Rumsfled. In his later years Nixon gained a measure of redemption with his knowledge of foreign affairs in relation to Russia . Both Nixon and Kissinger wrote books that IMO were meant for any future would be political leader of the western world to read and heed the lessons from time in office. As for the time Kissinger spent with Cheney when he was VP my educated guess would be that many ghosts of the Vietnam era were present . Cheney state of mind would have prevented his sessions with Kissinger from having material affect on the conduct of the Iraq War.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hi Jesse.

It's my personal opinion that the DICK, is positioning
himself to run for President.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

When you hear what Cheney does, I can't add to that. Judge him for yourself; I've judged him, he's horrible! The other thing I'll add to that is he got $36 million as severance when he left Halliburton to be the Vice President. And he was only president of Halliburton for five years. What did he do to warrant $36 million? I would say that was payoff to go to war when he got to be Vice President, so Halliburton would make billions of dollars. It's easy to invest $36 million into Cheney, when you're looking at billions in return within the four to eight years that Cheney is going to be at that post. They talk about investigating Benghazi...how about an investigation into this? It's what I've said all along -- what about the lies that took us into the Iraq War? How many people have died as a result of that, Iraqis and us? And it was all based upon lies, and there's no investigation into that whatsoever. The fact that they outed Valerie Plame and her husband, because he said there was no yellow cake uranium, and that it was all bogus! How about an investigation into those things. Let's find out if the Plame thing went beyond Scooter Libby and went to the Vice President himself. And why did Scooter need to be pardoned for it? I'd say there's plenty. If you're talking Democrats and Republicans, I can tell everybody, don't bother to investigate them, they're guilty! Can I put it any plainer than that? You don't have to bother to investigate Democrats and Republicans, just assume that they are guilty.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

You don't have to bother to investigate Democrats and Republicans, just assume that they are guilty.

I think that is a pretty safe assumption.

About the only person anyone can trust anymore is themselves.

IMO
edit on 6-6-2014 by Darkblade71 because: typonese, I speak it fluently

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Whose job is it to investigate things like the lies that took us to Iraq? a reply to: JesseVentura

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

All Democrats and Republicans need to go. Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American People. Democrats and Republicans conspire in Washington to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American people and give it to their friends and family.

Every election cycle we have to choose between the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican. After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

The only way Americans will ever have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans. We need to elect citizen statesmen who love America more than they love power and money. Men and women who can stand on their own two feet instead of being propped up by gangs of criminals. Honest men and women with sweat on their brow and calluses on their hands and compassion in their hearts.

The true patriot is not the man who blindly defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that government.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join