It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney a.k.a. Darth Vader

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Dick Cheney- The man responsible for so much wrong in this world it makes my blood boil. You've heard what I think about this capitalist crony for-hire, but I want to know what you think? Do you have any examples of how Dick failed his way to the top? Or some of his biggest lies?

See more at Off The Grid on Ora.TV

Follow Jesse on Twitter

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

It Isnt just Darth Cheney, though his darkness was rewarded with the vice presidency and a tiebreaking vote in a split Senate. The worst things he did...telling the planes to Stand Down on 9/11 (now confirmed, yet ignored) was bad as well as the unnecessary subsequent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan directly profiting on the deaths of hundreds of thousands, but how he nearly singlehandedly turned the Executive Office of the Vice President into a position of Power which it had never been and once something has power, seldom will it return it freely will be ultimately the greatest evil accomplishment.

I believe it was the whole cabal that surrounded and propped up Nixon. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Kissinger, and last but certainly not least...George Herbert Walker Bush...he was the man pulling all the strings and compiling all of the dirt while dirtying his own hands worse than his Nazi-loving pops.

The whole group moved as such and found a puppet in Reagan. There is so much more I would like to detail since individually each are dangerous, but as a group, the planet as a whole was affected.

edit on 22-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hiya, Jesse! I don't know if this is you, or one of your crew...but I read Dirty Wars by Jeremy Scahill last year, so what I know about Cheney is from that.

Have you read it? I think the Bush/Cheney administration is hugely responsible for the problems we have today, and it makes my blood boil also.

In particular, the "War on Terror" 'drone program' is an embarrassment, and is creating more terrorists. When I learned that Obama was 'continuing' it, I was aghast. Furious.

Based on years of on-the-ground research and countless interviews, "Dirty Wars" details how Rumsfeld and Cheney began covertly deploying lethal tactics including black ops, secret prisons, snatch operations, and political assassinations at an unprecedented level.

From "Dirty Wars":

As The World Trade Center towers crumbled to the ground, so too did the system of oversight and review of lethal covert ops that had been carefully constructed over the course of the previous decade.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 4/22/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."

Dick Cheney August 26 2002

The phantom WMD's...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Damn edit button. Please delete.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I worked the kitchen at a country club in Austin that was owned by Harry Whittington. It was a little surreal when I turned on the television and heard that my boss had been shot by the vice president. Dick Cheney literally has no pulse. He has a mechanical screw pump constantly circulating his blood.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This isn't just on Mr. Cheney but...

Almost 4,500 U.S. troops were killed and more than 32,000 wounded, including thousands with critical brain and spinal injuries. Estimates of the number of Iraqi civilian fatalities are staggering, ranging from 100,000 to 600,000.

The monetary cost could exceed $3 trillion.

While the war in Iraq has ended, the sacrifice for vets continues back in a civilian world they often find "foreign" and isolating.
Source

And then there is the money made by Haliburton (KRB) from the war, which is around $39.5 Billion as the Number 1 contractor (Source), and then there's the idea that the war was a foregone conclusion that only needed some kind of an excuse to happen, as the sweet sweet oil would be in US control going into the world market, keeping prices down... Why We Did It

Three TRILLION dollars to, what...subsidize oil prices????

But it's the human cost we are still paying, that's what gets me the most.

- AB
edit on 22-4-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OFFTHEGRID
Dick Cheney- The man responsible for so much wrong in this world it makes my blood boil. You've heard what I think about this capitalist crony for-hire, but I want to know what you think?

I think a lot of the conjecture and amusing hatred against the man is the result of sour grapes more than anything else. It's not that he's more "evil" than most of the other politicians in DC, because he isn't. It's not that he's more corrupt, because they're all corrupt. It's the fact that he has a quick mind, a sharp tongue, and is completely shameless, always willing to shrug his shoulders at criticism and whining against him along with showing both middle fingers to those most ruffled against him.

He's a fantastic heel. Personally, I have no beef with the man and find his total lack of phoney supplication to manufactured public outrage to be refreshing.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You pretty much said it all with your conversation with Alan Colm's!

Amazing how Cheney got out of going to War, but yet he has no problem sending others to their deaths so that his Company Halliburton rakes in the dough!

I know that wasn't your exact words, but pretty damn close!

EDIT: I also have to say that I was totally shocked at the intelligent conversation you and Alan had! He actually shed his partisanship and showed he actually was a human! I found it interesting how he shed his costume when he thought no one was listening.......

edit on 22-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Amazing how Cheney got out of going to War, but yet he has no problem sending others to their deaths so that his Company Halliburton rakes in the dough!

1. There's a world of difference between a draft and wholey enlisted military, though. At least with an enlisted military, everybody there *should* at least expect to one day find themself in the middle of a war zone, so they have made the decision to accept that fate. With the Vietnam draft, you either accepted being drafted or you applied for a legal deferment.
2. The majority of Congress is deeply invested in Military Industrial Complex stocks. They all rake in the dough from war... Again, Cheney stands in a sea of contemporaries. The difference between him and, say a John Kerry, is that Cheney doesn't make an ass of himself stammering and stuttering when somebody calls him out on his financial connections.
He.Doesn't.Care... and that drives people nuts.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There are politicians and there are policy makers. Dick Cheney is far from a run of the mill corrupted politician.

- Ford's Chief of Staff
- 10 years as a Representative where he was Chairman of the Republican Committee and briefly minority whip
- H.W.'s Secretary of Defense
- Chairman and CEO of Halliburton
- and of course V.P.

He moves in the most inner of inner circles with his mechanical heart pumping blood oxygenated by the most rarefied air. The average corrupt politician might be beholden to a special interest group or two, but Dick Cheney is the proverbial fox in the hen house taking a break from war mongering just long enough to do some profiteering.

EDIT:

I don't suppose that was an intentional double entendre? Sounds to me like you're engaging in a bit of hero worship. What's so great about a man who is so deeply entrenched in the power structure that he knows he can get away with doing or saying anything with impunity?
edit on 2014-4-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

1. There's a world of difference between a draft and wholey enlisted military, though. At least with an enlisted military, everybody there *should* at least expect to one day find themself in the middle of a war zone, so they have made the decision to accept that fate. With the Vietnam draft, you either accepted being drafted or you applied for a legal deferment.
2. The majority of Congress is deeply invested in Military Industrial Complex stocks. They all rake in the dough from war... Again, Cheney stands in a sea of contemporaries. The difference between him and, say a John Kerry, is that Cheney doesn't make an ass of himself stammering and stuttering when somebody calls him out on his financial connections.

I won't argue that there is a difference between the two.

Voluntary/Involuntary

But isn't it amazing that Cheney acted as a coward back in the day, but now that he has control of a Defense Contractor he is Darth Vader and war is good?

You are right though about your comparison between him and Kerry though! Cheney is evil enough to not give a damn, and Kerry is still such and amateur liar that he is still too scared to come out of the closet!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Werent they some of the bigger advocates for JSOC which is at war with like 30 countries at the moment....Id start with JSOC and go from there...as im busy at the moment but ill come back with some links although I think there nothing solid linking all of them...and JSOC is still around doing quite a bit of killing wherever they feel...just going down the kill list that is ever increasing.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I worked the kitchen at a country club in Austin that was owned by Harry Whittington. It was a little surreal when I turned on the television and heard that my boss had been shot by the vice president. Dick Cheney literally has no pulse. He has a mechanical screw pump constantly circulating his blood.

Nothing as sweet as ignorance and FAIL...

Dick Cheney received a heart transplant two years ago... Current events are obviously not your forte...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Sounds to me like you're engaging in a bit of hero worship. What's so great about a man who is so deeply entrenched in the power structure that he knows he can get away with doing or saying anything with impunity?

Not hero worship, just personal relateability. Human beings do and say things that will offend and upset others, oftentimes on purpose. I'd rather see a man be sincere in saying "Don't like it? Tough tit." than being melodramatic and disingenuous, falling all over themselves begging pardon and feigning grief just to get their ass off the line. That is the behavior of small children... "If I burst into tears, Daddy won't send me to my room for hitting my sister."

I can respect sincere disregard for others a lot more than I will ever respect insincere sentiments. When you boil it down, both are purely self-serving to the cause of the offender, one is open and honest, unabashed in revealing the self serving while the other is an insulting display of disrespect and cowardice.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
And lets not forget that it was Dick Cheney who brought Laffer into the fold in 1974, setting the stage for the birth of the neocon's Reaganomics/Trickle-down Economics/Supply-side Economics which has stuck with the GOP ever since as the core of their economic platform (Praise be to the Job Creators!). Of course it's a thinly veiled attempt to legitimize what is in practice nothing more than wealth redistribution from the bottom to the top .01%.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

But isn't it amazing that Cheney acted as a coward back in the day, but now that he has control of a Defense Contractor he is Darth Vader and war is good?

In order to support the concept of Cheney seeking strictly financial profits in war, onewould also have to buy into the concept that Cheney was somehow behind 9/11 because following 9/11 the US had every reason to go into Afghanistan. After the move into Afghanistan, why the hell not go ahead and bomb the hell out of consistant thorn in the ass Iraq?

I don't buy the 9/11 was an inside job crap. I've watched all the little documentaries, I've turned my head the direction the little documentarians have asked me to turn my head in, I've tried to ignore all the holes and breaks the little filmmakers have asked me to ignore lest their theories appear even more implausible... and I simply can't connect the dots that the feds were behind 9/11. How can a group so woefully inept and so horribly incompetent magically pull off the most complex conspiracy in history... and do so in the information age, without being laid bleached bone bare to the world? Answer: They can't... so logic dictates that sometimes a cigar is just that, a cigar.

So at the point in which 9/11 *ahem* "truth" falls apart for me, I am left with Cheney sitting in an office discussing Afghanistan and Iraq and deciding to himself "Well hell, if we're going to do this we may as well do it with people I know and trust. Time to call Haliburton." Conflict of interest? Absolutely! Wrong move? In retrospect, very much so. War mongering? No... primarily because at the point in which Haliburton was called, war was a given.

Now, if we need to discuss the handling of the war itself, and how that pussy footing ridiculous operation of public relations superceding solid military warfare policies was entirely botched from the strategic side, I'm right there. I just don't know how much of the assinine "kinder, gentler" conceptualizations overshadowing the solid idea of simply bombing the hell out of them, never touching a boot to the ground was on Cheney's shoulders.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Only Dick Chaney can shoot a man in the face....in the face!

Then, have that same man apologize to him on national television.

Seriously?

edit on 22-4-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

"Enhanced Interrogation"

He states "It was not torture" but it will have it's critics.

This is an example of how we have been degrading our basic human rights in order to get an enemy.
This is one thing that does make me mad as hell,
as he gave the go ahead for people to be abused and treated as sub humans in order to get information from them.

This is what has always been one of the things that has set the USA apart from most other countries.
We used to stand for human rights and doing the right thing around the world but now that has been twisted and blurred.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In order to support the concept of Cheney seeking strictly financial profits in war, onewould also have to buy into the concept that Cheney was somehow behind 9/11 because following 9/11 the US had every reason to go into Afghanistan. After the move into Afghanistan, why the hell not go ahead and bomb the hell out of consistant thorn in the ass Iraq?

So because 9/11 was justification to move into Afghanistan (I'll stipulate for the sake of argument), it made perfect sense to throw thousands of lives and a trillion or so into "freeing" Iraq while we were at it? It's not a requirement that one must create a war in order to profit from it but in this case, it sure seems like the build up to the Iraq War was all about opportunistically using 9/11, along with falsified intelligence and intentional mingling of issues to create public support for the invasion of Iraq as part of a grand neocon scheme to remake the landscape of the Middle East through nation building. The profiteering was an ancillary benefit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join