It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top two reasons to vote Libertarian in 2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So, somebody is telling us the top ten reasons to vote Republican in 2014, and somebody is telling us the top ten reasons to vote Democrat in 2014. I can tell you why you should vote Libertarian in 2014 with just two reasons. You ready for it?

1. DEMOCRATS
  2. REPUBLICANS

(Reasons are listed alphabetically, and not listed in any particular order of preference.)

That's it. Reason enough for me to vote Libertarian. How about you?
edit on 22-4-2014 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

...until the banking elite buys them out too. So what is the common denominator? World banks, Rockefellers, Rothschilds, et al. THEY are the ones who need to go FIRST.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Amen brother.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
So, somebody is telling us the top ten reasons to vote Republican in 2014, and somebody is telling us the top ten reasons to vote Democrat in 2014. I can tell you why you should vote Libertarian in 2014 with just two reasons. You ready for it?

1. DEMOCRATS

2. REPUBLICANS

(Reasons are listed alphabetically, and not listed in any particular order of preference.)

That's it. Reason enough for me to vote Libertarian. How about you?

Libertarian, Independent, Green Party. Anyone but another R or D.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Top 10 reasons NOT to vote in 2014.

1.) Your vote doesn't matter.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lemmin
Top 10 reasons NOT to vote in 2014.

1.) Your vote doesn't matter.

Good luck!

You are one in 300 million that think the same way. Congratulations on perpetuating this endless cycle.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm in favor of voting in anyone but an incumbent or a lawyer.

I'm in favor of voting in anyone who will actually abide by the US Constitution.

I'm in favor of voting in someone who doesn't rely on polls to make a decision.

I'm in favor of voting in someone who is willing to make the big decisions, no matter how unpopular or how much the media screams.

I'm in favor of voting in someone who will do what is right, not what is "right now".

I'm in favor of voting in a person who has the strength of his/her convictions. Who has morals, values, ethics.

Feel like g-damned Diogenes lately!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I really wish we could get 25 million people together all at the same time. I want to get enough people to write in a candidate to win an election but completely hidden from the masses. We all take pictures of our vote on election day and watch as that candidate isn't even part of the numbers when the talley for votes comes through! I would be willing to be any amount of money that no matter how many people we had do this would not work....I am 100% sure that all of our votes don't matter and really they don't! Unless you can control the electoral votes, which we really can't, our votes are meaningless! Just because the electoral vote from your state has 99% on one person the electoral vote will go to whoever the representative picks, does not have to be the person we voted for either....A FREAKING JOKE of a process? 100% YES!!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If you chose not to vote then you give them what they want.....complete control.

If you chose not to vote, then you have no room to voice your opinion as that is exactly what voting does.
It voices your opinion on nominees. Your choice of who to put into power.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You mean nobody is excited about Bush v Clinton ?

I have not voted for an Incumbent in 20 years.

The only way I would vote for Rep. Or Dem.

If you killed me and jabbed the pencil through my lifeless hand.

Then dragged my carcass to the polls and manipulated my dead hand in the ballot box.

Too strong?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
If you chose not to vote then you give them what they want.....complete control.

If you chose not to vote, then you have no room to voice your opinion as that is exactly what voting does.

Popular vote means nothing in the presidential election, it has been proven 4 times....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hahaha that was not what I was expecting, but I love it!

If i sat down for hours and hours and tried to make a well informed, methodical, intelligent argument I could not have done better.

Love it S&F lol

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”

― Joseph Stalin

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

SOLD! Couldn't have stated any better reasons for it.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So basically President David Palmer from 24?
He'd have my vote in a heartbeat....too bad he's fictional!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: beezzer

So basically President David Palmer from 24?
He'd have my vote in a heartbeat....too bad he's fictional!

Irony.

Bush and Obama are fictional also!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Perhaps true. But it isn't about the vote per se. Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence knows that what the Elite/special interests want, they get. Now THAT has been proven. This isn't about the outcome of the vote. Think of it more as a shot across the bow of the status quo. If a significant portion of the voters selected candidates (across the board) that were anything BUT Rep or Dem it would throw a huge wrench into the gears of the political machine. It could not pass unnoticed. Could we successfully elect a Gary Johnson or the like? No. There are WAY too many people dripping Kool-Aid (both flavors) to make that possible. But even a significant turning away from the traditional political stranglehold wielded by the Rep/Dem paradigm would get people to notice that there IS an alternative and that we DO have the ability to bring change. It could help to crystallize the opposition. It's either that or we roll over (again). And to the 'just don't vote' crowd, you're rolling over to the Kool-Aid chuggers. Nothing more. You're making no substantive statement whatsoever despite what you think. Non-voters can be easily explained-away by the media and TPTB. Last election 98.3% of votes were either Rep or Dem. Imagine if all of a sudden elections were 40% Rep/Dem and 60% other parties...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well if Justin Biber and Alex Jones were running on the Libertarian ticket would you still vote ? I would even though I am no fan I think crap would be better then the evil we see on the political stage at this time ....I guess it comes down to anyone else BUT ...:>)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Lemmin, you have a point there. Actually, you have several:

1. You are right in that YOUR vote absolutely does not count.
2. I am afraid that you are right, also, that votes cast in the ballot boxes have very little sway in the country anymore.
3. And, as ScientiaFortisDefendit says, the Libertarian Party would eventually be co-opted by monied interests, just like the Tea Party was.

So, my thoughts are that if one votes in a ballot box, one should vote not on party lines, but for the people who embody Libertarian principles.

To not participate on any level is to give them what they want.

But, there are other and more powerful ways to vote. Once can vote with one's money. Where you decide to spend your money counts. If you decide to earn enough in a year's time to pay taxes into the system counts. Civil disobedience is a way to vote. If enough engage in these ways, it is possible to break the system and force change.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is the "party line voting" which has contributed so much to our current situation. An election would be far better served if those who vote would concentrate on the person "applying for the position" and forget about the partisan politics.

Of course, I am speaking in "utopian terms"; I know this will not happen in the world we live in.
But, it is always nice to deam a little.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join