It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima disaster: Tokyo hides truth as children die, become ill from radiation - ex-mayor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wishes

originally posted by: musicismagic
It's a losing battle. Japan needs outside help, but the risk are too dangerous for the knowledgeable man. So Japanese knows what is best for this situation. Japanese low lifes are expendable. Until they no longer can be recruited, the world needs to accept it and then bring in their own undersirables to Japan. Just the way it will end up.

Are you being sarcastic? Japanese knows what's best for the situation? Low lifes (homeless from the disaster and other problems) are expendable and we need to accept it and send our own homeless/undesirables there?!?

The Japanese aren't making any decisions, they don't even know the truth of what happened. The Government and Tepco are calling all the shots and lying - either overtly or by omission.

Actually the Japanese have a hard time filling in slots at the auto industry so for the last 12 years they have allowed 3rd generation Japanese from Brazil to come in and do the work because mostly the younger generation is a bit too lazy these days to work long hours and weekends. But back to the TEPCO thing, yes, what I said is true. Estimates are that it will take up to 50 years to clean up the mess there and there just are not enough die hards around to do the cleanup, already the manpower there is over 1500 people short to help with the cleanup. My guess well be seeing a lot of Philippinos over here in the next 5 years. Already they do a lot of the the oyster farming hard work here.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't see any mention anywhere in ATS of the American sailors dying from radiation poisoning that are suing TEPCO.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
I don't see any mention anywhere in ATS of the American sailors dying from radiation poisoning that are suing TEPCO.

Nor will you. The reports are fictitious.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

There are numerous sources if you do a web search and this has been discussed on ATS as well.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

US Sailors Sick From Fukushima Radiation File New Class Action

The suit includes an infant born with a genetic condition to a sailor who served on the USS Ronald Reagan as radiation poured over it during the Fukushima melt-downs, and an American teenager living near the stricken site. It has also been left open for "up to 70,000 U.S. citizens [who were] potentially affected by the radiation and will be able to join the class action suit."

Now docked in San Diego, the USS Reagan's on-going safety has become a political hot potato. The $4.3 billion carrier is at the core of the U.S. Naval presence in the Pacific. Critics say it's too radioactive to operate or to scrap

The re-filing comes as Tepco admits that it has underestimated certain radiation readings by a factor of five. And as eight more thyroid cancers have surfaced among children in the downwind region.

It says Tepco failed to disclose that the $4.3 billion nuclear-powered aircraft carrier was being heavily dosed from three melt-downs and four explosions at the Fukushima site. The Reagan was as close as a mile offshore as the stricken reactors poured deadly clouds of radiation into the air and ocean beginning the day after the earthquake and tsunami.

The plaintiffs' ailments parallel those of downwinders irradiated at Hiroshima/Nagasaki (1945), during atmospheric Bomb tests (1946-1963), and from the radiation releases at Three Mile Island (1979) and Chernobyl (1986). Among them are reproductive problems and "illnesses such as Leukemia, ulcers, gall bladder removals, brain cancer, testicular cancer, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, thyroid illnesses, stomach ailments and a host of other complaints unusual in such young adults."

One 22-year-old sailor declared to the court that "Upon my return from Operation Tomodachi, I began losing my eyesight. I lost all vision in my left eye and most vision in my right eye. I am unable to read street signs and am no longer able to drive. Prior to Operation Tomodachi, I had 2/20 eyesight, wore no glasses and had no corrective surgery." Additionally, he said, "I know of no family members who have had leukemia."

Plaintiff "Baby A.G." was born to a Reagan crew member on Oct. 15, 2011--seven months after the crew members exposure--with multiple birth defects.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Looks factual to me.

www.navytimes.com...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Alekto

So you are saying that all the reports of illnesses and the fact that a lawsuit has been filed is completely fictional?

Even those this has been repeatedly reported in the news?

Please post a link to evidence that this issue is fictional.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It must be fictional. Tokyo is hosting the summer Olympics in 6 years, isn't it?

Keep calm and carry on.
edit on -05:0036145342014-05-19T10:34:36-05:00 by Psynic because: typo

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

The denial in these threads is absolutely amazing sometimes.

Carry on.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Carry on.

I've seen it before in other forums. The same thing. I mean the 100% exact thing. It's like they have a manual.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Carry on.

I've seen it before in other forums. The same thing. I mean the 100% exact thing. It's like they have a manual.

..... and a paycheck.... Can you imagine being employed to actively quash people trying to piece together real truths? You know you got to be getting somewhere 'real' when they send out minions to try and stop the progress, otherwise why bother continually disrupting conversations?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

..... and a paycheck.... Can you imagine being employed to actively quash people trying to piece together real truths? You know you got to be getting somewhere 'real' when they send out minions to try and stop the progress, otherwise why bother continually disrupting conversations?

Why bother?

Because they believe they are doing the 'right thing'.

If someone believes anthropomorphic global warming will bring about the end of civilization, they might be willing to promote nuclear electrical generation at the expense of a few billion people dying of cancer or any other radiation caused disease.

Nah, you're right, it's the pay cheque.
edit on -05:0010145022014-05-20T08:02:10-05:00 by Psynic because: clarity

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Even worse than getting a pay check is doing all that disrupting for free...

I greatly admire Katsutaka Idogawa, (former) mayor of Futaba Town for speaking out. The world needs millions more like him! In case anyone hasn't seen/read his personal views he wrote after resigning, it's at this link and well worth the read:

www.save-children-from-radiation.org...
Here is an excerpt:

(3) Noble Eightfold Path It is believed that the Buddha preached the Noble Eightfold Path as a new way of spiritual seeking.

Right view: the right way of looking at things
Right intention: Correct understanding of right view
Right speech: speech without false words
Right action: right conduct
Right livelihood: right occupation
Right effort: right diligence
Right mindfulness: right attention
Right concentration: right meditation

We are in no state of mind of assuming these teachings. I wish you could keep these words in mind to make TEPCO and the government realise their responsibilities for the accident. They are neglecting and underestimating the fundamental human rights of the victims of the accident. I also hope that these teachings will serve as life guidance for the children of Futaba.

We have taken many lessons from the accident in Fukushima- among other things the disdain for human life. The government ordered us to evacuate from the town. I consider this to be a declaration of war against us. How can we fight against the authorities without arms, means and authorisations?

There is a memorial museum of Auschwitz concentration camp in Shirakawa City (in Fukushima). It is well known that Nazis massacred millions of Jews with poisonous gas. When it comes to Fukushima, the health and genetic structures (DNA) of the population there are being damaged by poisonous radioactivity. What an irony! We cannot guarantee the safety of health without evacuating the population immediately. Decontamination should be conducted later over a long period of time.

There are not a sufficient number of credible studies that prove the safety standard of man-made radioactivity. Some say that the radiation does not cause any impact on our health even in a living condition of radioactive dosage of 20mSv/year. If they dare to say so, let them live in such a place with their families to prove the safety. It is not until then that the people can finally return to Fukushima. They are using the people in Fukushima as guinea pigs. It is essentially identical to the situation in which a tyrant is launching missiles against his own people.

Yes... exactly...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: wishes

One of the main opponents to the nuclear plants reopening in Japan is their former PM at the time of the Tsunami,

Naoto Kan.

www.youtube.com...
edit on -05:0006145382014-05-20T09:38:06-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, which carries nuclear weapons, and is expected to potentially deliver those nuclear weapons, was unequipped to deal with radioactive contamination?

Seems legit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join