It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima disaster: Tokyo hides truth as children die, become ill from radiation - ex-mayor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A bit of insight on how bad things are and how the TPTB are coving it all up:

From RT Video and transcript here

disturbing facts sometimes rise to the surface. To shed a bit of light on the mystery of the Fukushima aftermath, Sophie Shevardnadze talks to the former mayor of one of the disaster-struck cities. Katsutaka Idogawa is on SophieCo today

there were several disturbing quotes in the article
Radiation levels around Fukushima are four times higher than in Chernobyl. Yet Evacuation advisories are being lifted for some cities in the Fukushima area.

Fukushima Prefecture has launched the Come Home campaign. In many cases, evacuees are forced to return.

About midway down the page. Sophie asks

SS: Now, Japan’s homeless are among those recruited to take part in the major cleanup - are they a viable workforce in this case? Is this because there’s a lack of qualified workers, or because those people are considered sort of ‘disposable?' Is this even true?

He answer's yes making a vague comment how those workers safety is glossed over as inconsequential.

seems to me it gets rid of two problems at once... get's rid of your homeless problem and trust me it's huge over there. Secondly it provides unskilled labor, who if they had been properly trained wouldn't dare go near Fukushima.

I guess that's enough to wet your appetites go watch the vid or read the transcript. it'll only confirm your fears about how bad things really are

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sad thing is, it's nothing new.
People in the western US and the above ground testing. The joint US and Australia tests with prisoners and mentally challenged people.

I know those were both military, but seeing a civilian side just as evil and more about profit just might be more disturbing.

Give it 20-30 years...takes some time for the full effects. But it will be forgotten by then by the general public as a possible cause for spikes in cancer and rare genetic diseases. Sigh. Thanks for the article HC.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Whats even worse it Tepco and the Japan government are telling people the contamination is receding and starting to push people from the tent cities back into their homes.

Apparently the cost of the displaced refugees must be too much a burden for the government to handle.
That or they are undertaking some kind of scientific test on the effects of radiation on people over the long term.

Even the Russian government knows that Chernobyl is still too HOT, and that was only one reactor.A shart by comparison to the load that Tepco dropped on the Japanese people.

They knew all too well that it was a seismically active zone and at sea level no less.

This story has urked me from the beginning. I truly feel for the people of japan. I hope they smarten up and ignore the governments orders to return home.

Edit: I almost posted this yesterday but i refrained from doing so as a lot of people see RT as a propaganda outlet.
edit on 4/22/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I haven't shown this to my wife yet.
But I can well imagine how angry she'll be when she reads about kids forced to return to school and cooking in all that radiation while they learn about national pride.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Yakuza crime syndicate is operating as 'job brokers', rounding up homeless to work at Fukushima.
www.forbes.com...
Atomic mafia

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Yakuza uh...
Now those are people you don't say no too.
especially if you want to keep all your fingers.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Japan strangely has one of the most declining birth rates of "first world" nations (among who they consider "real" ethnically Japanese, but that is another thread).

Why would they jeopardize future generations to sterility, birth defects, genetic abnormalities and cancers when they feel like they are in decline?

Oh yeah...profit.

And it seems like at least once a week there is another huge leak reported, or other "oops, our bad" thing reported. Usually a week after it happens...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yes they have a declining birthrate and have brought in people from other countries to help out.
however, those folks cannot vote own property nor will any of them ever get a good job.

they have a word for outsiders.
Gaijin

One word that has several meanings "Foreigner" "Enemies" and it can be use to describe a "Criminal"

But it will never be mistaken for 'Citizen'

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

For profit of the medical quackery or population control as they live on an island with no hope of growth.

I have not decided yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Pre disaster birthrate declining?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
in many places it illegal to scare the peeps..especially with the truth about a danger
however on the other hand
corporate/fascist problem reaction solution is not only allowed
its encouraged

eta
doesn't bode well for the tepco and GE ops in the US though does it

There are 31 General Electric-built Mk I and Mk II boiling water reactor units across the US – the same kinds that failed in Fukushima.
burnanenergyjournal.com...

Sabotage at Fukushima Daiichi? Worker: “Someone did it on purpose… I’m convinced, it was intentional” after basements flooded with 200 tons of highly radioactive water — NHK: “Error or deliberate act”? — Official: Security cameras needed

enenews.com... s-of-highly-radioactive-water-nhk-error-or-delibera
edit on Tueam4b20144America/Chicago23 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

Pre disaster birthrate declining?

Yup
been that way for decades now.
A lot of that has to do with just how expensive it is to live there.
I was stationed at Okinawa. but friends I knew who were at the main island all talked about how they couldn't afford to buy stuff off base.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What do you mean? There is a lack of medical care or a lack of an ability to feel and shelter them selves?
All of the above?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Most of the issues there were that of infrastructure failure. The diesel generators that are backups for the cooling pumps all failed when they were flooded. That's not to say the well of water didn't destroy a good portion of the facility.

We don't have quite the same issues that they have. They built it in one of the worlds most seismically active zones.

They knew better....but you don't come between corporations ant their money.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

One of my favorite design ideas was the super genius who decided to keep all of the spent fuel rods and MOX on the fourth floor of a highly seismic zone.

Sure it would take a helluva tsunami to reach that high...but what about the floors beneath?
Now, they have Yakuza "suicide workers"...the Yakuza are who are making the profits and running the government behind the scenes. Think USA circa '50's and the control the Mafia had through the FBI and CIA cooperatives...except they are also elected officials.

edit on 22-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Right! They were even storing other nuclear facilities spent fuel there as well.

It was not designed for long term storage of the fuel. Just long enough to cool it and make it somewhat stable to be moved.

Cost cutting at its finest

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
The Yakuza crime syndicate is operating as 'job brokers', rounding up homeless to work at Fukushima.
www.forbes.com...
Atomic mafia

Well, since I and a few others live here, we kind of get the truth from hear say through the grapevines. The fact is, yes, the pay went up to $200 a day (¥20000), that is what the workers must be paid. It is now the law. Will it be enforced, ha, ha this is Japan. They simple will run out of "rich" homeless, mentally ill, part time society drop outs soon. There is a man power shortage of a work force of about 1500 more need. This place Fukuoka is not like Tokyo, its in the boonies. Anyway, with the rainy season soon to hitting, I wonder how much more water will be contaminated, but enough, the high level of snowfall this year. Hey, we have the Olympics in 2020, then everything will disappear like in China. (air pollution)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

What do you mean? There is a lack of medical care or a lack of an ability to feel and shelter them selves?
All of the above?

They have lots of problems. Homelessness in Japan increased sharply due to the rise in unemployment in the 1990s
On top of that the cost of living there is just crazy! Tokyo is known as one of the most expensive cities in the world to live!
An unfurnished, 2-bedroom apartment will set you back $3,000 per month.
the best schools for kids are all private and come with a huge fee
you'll easily spend 50% more for food there than you will here.
no free healthcare.
like here it's necessary for both husband and wife to work , just to make ends meet.
under that kind of pressure it doesn't make sense to have kids especially with a ten hour, six day work week too.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

One of my favorite design ideas was the super genius who decided to keep all of the spent fuel rods and MOX on the fourth floor of a highly seismic zone.

Sure it would take a helluva tsunami to reach that high...but what about the floors beneath?
Now, they have Yakuza "suicide workers"...the Yakuza are who are making the profits and running the government behind the scenes. Think USA circa '50's and the control the Mafia had through the FBI and CIA cooperatives...except they are also elected officials.

The reactor was a generic General Electrics design from the 1960's. The US government just leaned heavily on the Japanese to accept the construction designs to reassure Americans that nuclear energy was safe, and that reactors could be built at home.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

The reactor was a generic General Electrics design from the 1960's. The US government just leaned heavily on the Japanese to accept the construction designs to reassure Americans that nuclear energy was safe, and that reactors could be built at home.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join