It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Epitomizes Why Abortion Is Wrong !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

You are hilariously funny.

LOL! This thread has made me laugh out loud on a few occasions now!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What's your point exactly? I choose to eat animals because they taste good and give me the nutrients I need to survive. Did that chicken you ate last week have a choice in becoming a piece of meat thrown on the grill or was it forced into that situation? What makes you think a live chicken has less rights than an unborn baby?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: butcherguy

I can think of a reason that it is okay to force birth control on chickens.
Because they are chickens.

In that case, its not okay to force birth control or force an unwanted birth on women, because, they are NOT chickens!

How did chickens even come up in this discussion?

Look, controlling the chicken population is probably in our best interest. I mean we loooooove fried chicken (those of us who are chicken lovers and not vegetarian), but we also can't have an explosion of the chicken population because it will go wild and then we will have in increase in foxes and coyotes who are chasing easier meals of chickens and won't go after deer, and then the deer population explodes and then we start running over them right and left because deer are stupid and think they can get across the road faster than you can hit them. Then the insurance companies will be overwhelmed by claims. Then the vulture population will explode because now there are more deer to eat off the side of the road.

It's all connected.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You are hilariously funny.

LOL! This thread has made me laugh out loud on a few occasions now!

Yes, because you love the threads that you think make your side look good.

Our side, you wouldn't mind our side so much if you didn't already have an anti-religious stance, that's why you laugh because it makes you uncomfortable to face the truth about what is really happening to a baby that has PAIN RECEPTORS and can feel itself being killed.

But hey, let's just deny that one while we are at it.
Pain Receptors in Fetuses

Why is it ok to inflict pain on them? They feel pain. So why is it ok? I mean you feel pain and it isn't nice if someone cut you with a knife, but babies, it's ok to do that to them?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Look, controlling the chicken population is probably in our best interest.

But controlling our own isn't? We're a far greater threat to ourselves and everything else on this planet than chickens will ever be.

By the way, we don't control chicken populations, at least not in the way you think, we actually make as many as possible through forced breeding then stuff them inside cages their entire lives then kill them for food in the end.
edit on 4/23/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Do chickens have less rights than we do?

Of course they have less rights than we do.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I can think of a few reason for people not to eat McDonald's: diabetes, obesity, heart problems, etc. I don't see Christians boycotting McDonald's though.

First you sidetracked us on chickens.
Now you are throwing McDonalds into the mix?
edit on bu302014-04-23T15:23:31-05:0003America/ChicagoWed, 23 Apr 2014 15:23:31 -05003u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In that case, its not okay to force birth control or force an unwanted birth on women, because, they are NOT chickens!

I trust you saw my post that I support a woman's right to choose in the second and third trimesters?
Of course I do not support forcing women to use birth control.

link   

How? Why? When? !!!!!

That's a ridiculous statement and doesn't have ANY truth to it. Just because you think you're more important doesn't mean you should be able to impose your beliefs on other things. You may believe that but it's not true AT ALL.

Again, what in the world makes you think humans have a greater right to freedom than chickens, or any other living thing for that matter?

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Look, controlling the chicken population is probably in our best interest.

But controlling our own isn't? We're a far greater threat to ourselves and everything else on this planet than chickens will ever be.

By the way, we don't control chicken populations, at least not in the way you think, we actually make as many as possible through forced breeding then stuff them inside cages their entire lives then kill them for food in the end.

I am not against controlling our population through the willingness of people to be responsible members of society. That means to be abstinent instead of forcing taxpayers to pay for birth control or abortions. Why should you be paying a 17 year-old with three baby mamas?

Abortion is not a responsible choice, it's just the most convenient.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You're the one who brought up reasons women shouldn't use birth control, I used an analogy using McDonald's should how your logic doesn't make any sense. Why aren't you boycotting McDonald's for the health issues it causes?

Double.

Standards.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Again, what in the world makes you think humans have a greater right to freedom than chickens, or any other living thing for that matter?

I give myself that right.
That's were anyone's rights originate. Not by virtue of a piece of paper.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You're the one who brought up reasons women shouldn't use birth control, I used an analogy using McDonald's should how your logic doesn't make any sense. Why aren't you boycotting McDonald's for the health issues it causes?

Double.

Standards.

Correction, I gave you one reason why women may not want to voluntarily take birth control......simply because you asked the question.
I don't boycott birth control. I have a vasectomy.
You are barking up the wrong tree.
edit on b000000302014-04-23T15:28:30-05:0003America/ChicagoWed, 23 Apr 2014 15:28:30 -0500300000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I trust you saw my post that I support a woman's right to choose in the second and third trimesters?
Of course I do not support forcing women to use birth control.

Yeah, I saw your post.

My post wasn't really a rebuttal to you, I was just following through. I'm opposed to forced anything. I support personal choice.

There are plenty of people who do support forcing women to give birth to unwanted children and/or forced birth control or sterilization on women who choose abortion, right here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Should I have to pay taxes so children who were unwanted can live in an orphanage? Because if the taxes don't go toward abortions or birth control they go towards orphanages. Raising a child in an orphanage taxpayer money is much more expensive than paying for birth control.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So basically what you're saying is that where your rights start, another's ends? That's a good attitude to have, very fair of you.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I apologize, I assumed where I shouldn't have.

Chickens still have the same rights as us though.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Great, you think abortion is wrong. When you can show me why it is that YOUR opinion is more important than any other, maybe Ill care.

Until then, Ill simply say: good for you for having an opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Should I have to pay taxes so children who were unwanted can live in an orphanage? Because if the taxes don't go toward abortions or birth control they go towards orphanages. Raising a child in an orphanage taxpayer money is much more expensive than paying for birth control.

Then why don't you come and pay for my drinks at the bar so I can have a good time. And then why don't you do this every weekend for the next 18 years.

That sounds very fair that you should pay for my irresponsible behavior and my choice to destroy my liver. Do I have your financial support in that?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So basically what you're saying is that where your rights start, another's ends? That's a good attitude to have, very fair of you.

when it comes to chickens vs humans... yes.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join