It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman kills her sister after taking new medication, says she was "possessed".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

'It was like I was possessed or something'.

A woman charged with the shooting death of her sister in Carolina Beach earlier this month told authorities something came over her and "it was like [she] was possessed, or something," according to search warrants.

The warrant says Joyce takes medication for an illness and had been taking a new medication for the first time the night before the shooting incident.

As usual with a lot of these incidents, the media is trying to make it about the tool that was used.

Once you get past the typical agenda, we have yet another instance of someone acting erratically after taking some sort of prescription medication.

Yet the lamestream media refuses to touch this issue.

Forbes withdraws online essay blaming psychiatric medications for Sandy Hook shooting.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What the heck was the 'new medication'????
I didn't see it listed. I'd really like to know.
And if there were drug interactions ... that kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

A lot of extrapolation there. Nowhere in the article was mental illness mentioned. Just an illness. So many psychotropic drugs take a few weeks to even alter brain chemistry. A few don't. And FF ^ is right...drug interactions can be unexpected even after testing. I wonder if she can claim "Stand Your Ground" since she was possessed. Eta: sorry North Carolina. Do they have stand your ground laws?
edit on 22-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thats a good question.

I've noticed the same pattern. They will often times omit the brand name.

Wonder why...

edit on 22-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It seems like pharmaceutical companies have more freedom than any other kind of vendor in America. I mean the streets are regulated so a vendor with a product cannot sell it anywhere they choose unless they are traveling door to door. The commercials on TV are filled with medical companies presenting new medication to a seemingly endless fathom. This has been happening for decades, some of the medication brought out a couple decades ago worked in it's ways (which are usually tricking people because they do not understand neurology) and some of it caused harm. Some of that still isn't prevalent so people are unaware of the fact that the world is letting a medical company sell something harmful. I don't really have a choice not to believe in the all seeing eye which has control over the world because all we as people can really do is rally, and rallying is not going to be successful to the people because they will not win. Some of it is our fault, but some of it we just cannot change.

This idiot like the rest of the medical industry who make money are trying to brainwash the world, but they wouldn't be doing it if so much of us in the world are ignorant enough to fall for it.

This is for those that have a persistent positive outlook on life

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
For all we know she may have wanted her sister dead, with all the talk of mass shootings being linked to medication she might of thought it would be a good enough cover for her actions.
but TBH who the hell knows its a twisted world we are living in...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The effect of certain meds can cause a loss of control of our senses and this can cause some people to do these kind of things. Some antidepressants and anti-psychotics can cause this in some people. Some Seizure medicines can cause this loss of a part of consciousness also, I should know, I experienced it but was able to control it because of a very strict moral upbringing.

These side effects are listed on the drugs a lot of times, with low percentages. Think of this though, if you consider one percent of the million people taking these drugs, that is ten thousand people in our society experiencing these feelings. Ten thousand people's negative actions can effect a million people negatively.

But this is allowable because of the small percentage.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Zombie apocalypse coming to a city near you.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My closest friend is bipolar but was misdiagnosed initially. It took 2 years to get her on the right medications at the right levels. Its a fine balancing act as SSRIs used to treat the depression phase act as rocket fuel in the manic phase. She stayed at mine one weekend and in less than 24 hours turned from a normal human being into a complete lunatic walking in front of cars and shouting that she had as much right on the road as motorists! It was an awful weekend and it took all my energy to get her to hospital where she was sectioned. The day previously her GP had stopped her anti-psychotic (olanzapine) and put her on escitalopram. I am wondering if this is what occurred with Joyce in the OP.
edit on 10/08/1963 by earthblaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
From the point of view of someone on the outside looking in...this is just another senseless shooting in America.

Nothing to do with mental illness or medication.

Everything to do with people with easy access to guns who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
At this point, with so little information available to us, all it sounds like a clever defense strategy to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I find it ironic that so many people blame medications, yet most of those same people are either on some kind of pharmaceutical or another themselves. The same with junk food, GMO and fluoride. People complain and demonize these substances/foods -- yet the same people are probably eating and being exposed to them right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
From the point of view of someone on the outside looking in...this is just another senseless shooting in America.

Nothing to do with mental illness or medication.

Everything to do with people with easy access to guns who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near them.

are you telling me that trigger pulled itself?

...didn't think so

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: acacko

are you telling me that trigger pulled itself?

No, I'm not saying that at all.

What medication are you on, acacko?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

We would have to know this gal's past behaviors and diagnoses. It sounds like she was already on medication, probably to quell an underlying condition that may cause severe delusion, paranoia, possibly even hallucination.

I know plenty of people that have secretly admitted to me that they hallucinate fairly often. In fact, more "normal" people are like this than most of you would believe.

As for the medication and event, incredibly tragic, and unfortunate.

My guess is that the new medication was introduced too much, too soon, if at all. Personally, I believe people need to research psychology and how psychiatric meds work, and try to offer their own opinions on what they think may work to their doctor.

Some times the doctor really does't know what's best, sometimes the patient may.

I'm living proof of this, I discovered that a strange issue I was having was actually more affected by a prescription that affects a certain neurotransmitter, rather than the neurotransmitter that is usually believed to be the underlying cause of the supposed symptoms I was showing.

In less than a year I am more focused, calm, and wise than I have in the previous 6. It wasn't just the meds, which I took a very low dose of, but I believe a couple particular ones helped. Now I am almost entirely off the pills and my mind seems not only strong, but enduring.

But I must admit, If I hadn't suggested the other medication, despite his disapproval, I may not have been able to solve my "2012" issue, at least not as quickly.
edit on 23-4-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Providence1

I'll name the drug - abilify -

We have a new psychiatrist that is taking very mentally ill, unstable people - and he's taking him off all their "working" psychotropics and putting them on abilify - with disastrous results -

I work in a state mental facility in wisconsin.

new topics

top topics

join