It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of avatar picture you most dislike?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
All the avatars are just fine. They tell a lot about the person behind them. My favorite one was a snowy owl with snow falling ... it was up by wildtimes this past winter. Excellent avatar and very 'in the season' (and plus, Owls are my favorite critters).

ETA ... I should say that I've been criticized twice by people claiming that my avatar character - Henrietta from South Park - is anti-christian because she supposedly is wearing an upside down cross. Those people are wrong. Henrietta is a GOTH and she wears a full cross. The avatar picture I use just has a fold of her dress on the bottom part of the cross.

(people can be ignorant sometimes)

what can you read from my avatar?
@@I don't watch South Park.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
originally posted by: Hoaxster

Ok...suddenly my post has been rephrased......what I really said was:

"... each individual choses something very specific to them and who am I to judge their choice or preferences? "

edit on 22-4-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by Agartha because: I can't quote! lol

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

I get the impression of young japanese female .... college age or young adult.
I picture you with straight black hair and a bit giggly with your hand in front of your giggle.
I could be wrong ... but that's what I picture.

(I lived in Japan for three years - Kanagawa prefecture - and your avatar reminds me of being there)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I get the impression of young japanese female .... college age or young adult.
I picture you with straight black hair and a bit giggly with your hand in front of your giggle.
I could be wrong ... but that's what I picture.

(I lived in Japan for three years - Kanagawa prefecture - and your avatar reminds me of being there)

Mostly wrong.

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Why don't you like those avatars? Is it because you think the person is being conceited or egotistical?

Good question,I feel uncomfortable for looking them......

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Animated avatars are annoying.
Everything else is just fine.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I dislike religious ones, but that's just me, if you new my backround you would understand and probably agree

My avatar speaks volumes and I like that. It gives people various ways of trying to work me out. Some say I act like George, some have even claimed me to be George [yea I know, even after he passed away].

What I can say is, George attacked the bull#, I do too

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

I totally adore yours ! Even it looks a bit innocent which was a rare expression of George lol..

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I don't know that guy ...

But I think I don't like religious avatar....I dislike religion .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I totally adore yours ! Even it looks a bit innocent which was a rare expression of George lol..

Ha ha bless

I tend to go for more cartoon like pictures of him and have 3 more to replace this one when I get bored with it

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't really remember seeing any avatars I very much disliked. I am however not a big fan of animated ones that have a lot of movement or blinking, as I find them distracting when reading.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick

I don't know that guy ...

But I think I don't like religious avatar....I dislike religion .

Word

He was the greatest comedian of all time that quite literally attacked the bull# of everyday life.

IMO of course

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bronagh
I don't really remember seeing any avatars I very much disliked. I am however not a big fan of animated ones that have a lot of movement or blinking, as I find them distracting when reading.

Me too

I like the subtle ones, but like you said when they are all blinking all over the place It does my head in. Triggers of anger in me ha ha ha haaa

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yes, subtle is fine
It's only when it gets so overpowering that it draws my eyes away from the text of the post I find them annoying.

Also ol' George was a genius.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Bronagh because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I find the sexy avatars to be silly and a tad creepy. It's the internet, I get it, but my counter argument to that is - it's the internet. LoL! You have no idea if it's really a guy or a girl. And what are they trying to achieve?

Anyways, I like funny, snarky or ironic ones and also ones that perfectly encompass the member's on line persona. And those that play into the alternative / conspiracy vibe if ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I prefer dark, ominous.

I like things in "ocean tones" (cool colors like blues, greens, sand color, etc). I love earth tone.

DTOM has visually appealing tastes with the whole "electric abstract".

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i dislike none of them really, i find them interesting.
My avatar is of a sine wave that at the moment scientists dont understand the maths behind it.
So the knowledge is secret (well not exactly secret, more unknown, but thats neither here nor there really)
edit on 22/4/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I haven't really seen any I don't like.

The best ones are the funny ones. Sheepslayer's is pretty awesome.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The only Avatars that are really bad are those which obscure the name and profile information. Some of the backgrounds make this information disappear. I don't understand why people don't check to see if this is happening.

Other than that, avatars are a personal issue and I don't care much. Some, like Candlestick, I consider lame and uninspiring, but it's not my decision. Insofar as avatars convey a "first impression," they are what they are.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The only Avatars that are really bad are those which obscure the name and profile information. Some of the backgrounds make this information disappear. I don't understand why people don't check to see if this is happening.

That will be mine then. I have checked and prefer it that way, it was done that way for a reason. The reason is the opposite of your opinion

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

I haven't really seen any I don't like.

The best ones are the funny ones. Sheepslayer's is pretty awesome.

-SAP-

Sheepslayer's is the pinnacle of our efforts in Avatar Creations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join