It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO appeared just before the big earthquake in Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shaade

You are aware that many cameras now have image stabilization built in, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Very interesting and would be nice if this wasn't a hoax.

The object reminds me of a shuttle craft or some type of scout/surveying ship.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Not sure what you mean by "if you say so"?

Are you referring to the aircraft being of an extraterrestrial origin rather than a classified project?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: free_spirit
Hi Dimens, you got the wrong source. The real videographer is
Pedro Oscoy from Mexico City. Here is the original footage.

The same object was vidotaped in 2005 also in Mexico City.
Unfortunately it is a balloon of a superhero in real size.
This type pf balloons appear from time to time over Mexico City
and people get confused. Check this comparison that I made for
you and see those details.

It seems Mr. Pedro Oscoy has been videotaping balloons frequently
wich it's a pity. Check these two videos by Mr. Oscoy and see what
I mean.

A very common star shaped balloon, very clear at minute 2:48

Free_spirit,

Just bumping the reply you so kindly posted on Page 3.

You clearly nailed it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: facelift

originally posted by: facelift
Wow. Well done, as you've reminded us that skeptics on this site do indeed think outside the box...
Ignorant sarcasm detected. Thinking outside the box is fine. The only time it's a problem is when one fails to consider what's in the box, as so many did here. If it happens to be in the box, thinking outside the box gives you the wrong answer.

originally posted by: free_spirit
Unfortunately it is a balloon of a superhero in real size.
I already said its behavior is consistent with a balloon so I find that quite believable, but out of curiosity, which superhero is it, do you know?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dava6711
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Not sure what you mean by "if you say so"?

Are you referring to the aircraft being of an extraterrestrial origin rather than a classified project?

No, I'm referring to the object being a balloon. Read the post I linked in my previous post.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So the guy just happened to be standing there with his camera rolling, waiting to zoom in on the first dot in the sky that floated by?

In my opinion, that is the biggest sign that this is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Facts without evidence is not evidence of fact.

Unless you know the entire situation, your opinion is just that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

I don't see the word "fact" anywhere in my post. In fact, I even used the word "opinion" to describe my... opinion.

If you want to believe this video is a true UFO without questioning the evidence, that's your right. My point was that the cameraman's behavior is typically the biggest clue regarding the authenticity of a UFO video. Most genuine people would have alerted the people heard talking in the background to look up at the incredible thing in the sky instead of standing there silently filming something spectacular.

When the camera starts rolling just as an object flies into frame and the entire focus of the video is on the flying dot that coincidentally looks like an alien spacecraft after zooming in, it screams hoax to anyone who is interested in facts.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Finally...a decent video! With all the fakes, and unclear videos, this is one of the better ones.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Well, even though you state your "opinion", your statement was framed in such a way as to use your scenario as a factual basis for this being a hoax.

Read my post above as I acknowledge that this is more than likely a hoax.

I guess it bothers me when people try to cite evidence and then spout off that it is their "opinion" in order to temper their statement.

The definition of an opinion is "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

For example, a true opinion would be "I believe this is a hoax."

As soon as you try to give a reason using evidence, it no longer becomes an opinion but an explanation.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I don't see the word "fact" anywhere in my post. In fact, I even used the word "opinion" to describe my... opinion.

If you want to believe this video is a true UFO without questioning the evidence, that's your right. My point was that the cameraman's behavior is typically the biggest clue regarding the authenticity of a UFO video. Most genuine people would have alerted the people heard talking in the background to look up at the incredible thing in the sky instead of standing there silently filming something spectacular.

When the camera starts rolling just as an object flies into frame and the entire focus of the video is on the flying dot that coincidentally looks like an alien spacecraft after zooming in, it screams hoax to anyone who is interested in facts.
what if this person first saw the object with their own eyes then pulled out a camera to begin filming. Wouldn't their focus be on the object from the first frame then?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This video is the first 'UFO' video in a while to have me intrigued.

I always have a tendency to believe videos when they start zoomed out at normal scale. That way you can gather how far away the craft is and possible size before he zooms in. It also means it cannot be a smudge on a window etc.

I thought it was a bit of a blur at first but you can see the shape more clearly as the video progresses.

Certainly an interesting one, and I'd be interested to hear from someone like Zaphod on this, to rule out any potential black project crafts first.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Well, even though you state your "opinion", your statement was framed in such a way as to use your scenario as a factual basis for this being a hoax.

Read my post above as I acknowledge that this is more than likely a hoax.

I guess it bothers me when people try to cite evidence and then spout off that it is their "opinion" in order to temper their statement.

The definition of an opinion is "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

For example, a true opinion would be "I believe this is a hoax."

As soon as you try to give a reason using evidence, it no longer becomes an opinion but an explanation.

So you're saying my opinion is only an opinion if it doesn't have any factual basis? I don't state an opinion unless there's some logical basis for having that opinion.

That's some strange logic you're using there.

At the distance shown in the video, the guy with the camera would have only seen a small speck. Do you pull out a camera and start filming every small speck you see flying by on the off chance that it could be a UFO? Furthermore, if you were filming a UFO, would you silently watch it without directing the attention of the people around you?

I may not be stating absolute fact but facts are a very rare thing in this world.
edit on 4/23/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Trying to think of a logical link with the earthquake here..... Maybe the military/whoever have sophisticated siesmic equipment and they scramble these experimental planes from underground hangars to avoid earthquake damage?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I saw your post earlier but thought nothing much of it as this will more than likely turn out to be a hoax but I decided to just add my 2cents worth:

The craft in the video looks tooo good to be true.

Yes, I know we scream out for better footage of UFO's and now this video has bought us that footage but could it be just some people putting on a show for us who say 'we want better footage'.

edited to add that I just read the post up above by sonof

edit on CDTWed, 23 Apr 2014 16:04:13 -05000000003004x113x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Assuming this is an extra terrestrial, inter-galactic, spacecraft - it's pretty s###. It doesn't fly very well.

On Earth, planes don't tend to just randomly float about, constantly changing altitude; as if the pilot doesn't know where the hell they are supposed to be going... I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have a pre-planned destination.

I see a lot of videos like this, where UFO's are all over the place. Do Alien's have issues navigating in a straight line? Maybe it's because they live longer life spans and over the few hundreds years that they've been alive they've developed cataracts over their massive eyes? Maybe the reason is due to air resistance upsetting the totally non-aerodynamic properties of a spacecraft designed to traverse a vacuum?

I'm calling total bull on this one though. It's certainly an interesting video - just seems too kite-like / RC-like (as others have also mentioned). I just think it's unlikely that advanced beings wouldn't be able to fly consistently straight.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Go look up the definition yourself. I put it in my post, but maybe you'll feel better if you find it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It looks like it's adrift…floating with the breeze. There doesn't seem to be any kind of directional propulsion, just rolling and floating with it's "legs" sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes sideways.

If it made a sudden stop or turn I would say otherwise, but this is a balloon.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Those are some horrid-sounding dogs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join