It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New poll says Big Bang theory a big question for many Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Quite. A further possibility, where such polls as these are concerned, is a bias in terms of the intent behind their authorship.

The correct answer to a bald question such as "Is the Big Bang theory true?" is that more data is required. The theory remains the best that we have, in my estimation at least, in terms of a scientifically viable solution to the question of where the universe originated, and how it came to be what it is. But that is the best that can be said of it. Until it is either proven, or improved upon, one cannot say for certain.

If the questions are being posed, in such a way as to invalidate that response, then it is the questions which are in error, and by extension the person who poses them. Perhaps this is a case of things being as simple as they can be, and someone trying to make them even simpler than that.

All I can say on this matter, is that either the results are deliberately skewed to represent the correct answer as being incorrect, or the people answering the questions are as a collective, bloody stupid. There is a vast difference between correctly stating, that a theory has yet to be proven, and saying that it has no merit what so ever.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Cultural control? Really dude? What gives you the right to culturally control people? Wow, your collective arrogance astounds me. I am speechless. Ever heard of evil? Not make up media evil, real evil. Maybe all these people that don't believe in the big bang should consult their nearest religious representative and ask....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: arrakis624

How many countries have you lived in?

Number 1 in which one?

Cultural control over the world, military power, world influence. say no to this with examples if you dare.

Here is one example where you are wrong.

www.dezeen.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It's interesting.

On the one hand, we see reports that say religion is on the way out

and on the other hand, we see people questioning conventional science.

I like it!

People should always question.
People should always test boundries.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think that the appeal to authority is one of those logical fallacies foisted upon the masses that gets used way too much .Consider the most recent statements made by John Kerry of the fake document about the Ukraine Jews .Do you think he will correct his statements and admit to the error ? thought not because we know that you can fool some of the people some of the time .

I might be one of those people who does not think that we revolve around the sun but are instead in a spiral following the sun in the galactic arm . ie ... www.youtube.com... As far as the theory of evolution goes well again it's a theory and is believed by some but what if you asked questions and looked at it from a different view point ie ...www.youtube.com...

Now we come to the higher mathematical types in physics that not only politicians dont have the brain power to ask but I suspect many members on this board ..The BIG BANG and the multitude of black holes and the likes ..ie www.youtube.com...

Now I am just a simple person and like to understand things in simple ways .Considering polls and how they are created can show you what ever answer you want them to show .Some scholars will create studies to help support Nobel recipients like I created the internet Al Gore, to help him make big bucks in carbon trading .Or mister peace Nobel kill Americans with drones Obama and send weapons and advisers to over throw legitimate Governments around the world .

But hey ,we have the internet to share knowledge so people can make up their own minds .I don't need a PHD to tell me if it's hot or cold ,wet or dry .It was yesterday and will be tomorrow and I am not afraid of that but I am concerned about losing this tool we have called the internet . If and when that day comes I suspect I will put my studies on stuff on hold and just go fishing ....peace

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Thank you. There is a famous document somewhere that says all men are created equal. Culture is to be respected, not controlled.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Germany is #1 now them

Soft power

Or if you prefer

List of top international rankings by country

If you still don't believe US is the most influential country in the world:

US is #1 in cheese production, could this thread go back to the poll please?
edit on 22-4-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

this does not matter at all
Largest consumer market
Highest GDP (nominal)
Highest GDP (PPP)
Highest service sector output
Largest nuclear power producer
Largest official gold reserves
Largest stock of foreign direct investment abroad
Largest stock of received foreign direct investment
Largest importer
Largest Exclusive Economic Zone
Largest airforce
Most science papers output
Most cited country

edit on 22-4-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

What does rajoy has to do with all this?

See my government is not US and you should see your bias is blinding you

WHAT BIAS!!!!!

This is what I don't get!

It not like im holding my own country up either as a good example!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Its not a pissing comp man. Don't get to cut up about it. The big bang happened and I'm not violating t&C's by having a different world view. And insulting my intelligence is a violation of the t&C's. Peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Germany is #1 now them

Well if it is then it's still not the US is it?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm also concerned of random people that join forums to attack a country its not their own,

Pointing out that the US economy is built on a house of cards ready to collapse into a unrecoverable pit of doom is not "attacking a country" its just pointing out a hard and very inconvenient fact.

What concerns me is random people that join forums to blindly defend there country while wallowing in ignorance.

A lot of your fellow country men will agree with me. The US economy is built on a farce. When it collapses it will take you military and cultural dominance with it.

As I said with a previous illustration I could take out a million dollor loan out toaday with my credit rating and for 6 months I could dominate my friends and family with big houses, luxury cars and fancy holidays. But eventually that debt going to bring all that crashing down, I can postpone that inevitable by getting more and more loans out but it will catch up to me. And that's the same with that 17 Trillion dollar debt the USA sitting on. Since the 90's US dominance in the world has been a sham. A sham with its foundation in debt.

Thats likely why your education is falling and you are getting this daft surveys telling how thick the advantage American is. Why? Cause all federal spending is being poured into keeping up this sham and illusion. The little things like infrastructure and education are going to crumble first as you are seeing now. But eventually it will hit the core of your economy and military spending.

No its not your fault or most Americans, yes its your governments fault for selling you out. But it still means your going to get royally and utterly screwed.

edit on 22-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Im ok knowing they are number #1 cheese producers

Care to comment in the big bang and the question, do you think they are ignorant?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnTheSmith

BTW it's called the Big Bang Theory cause it's just that - a theory.

but wait, i thought that scientists claim that the word theory in science has a different definition than the laymen definition.

real simple scientific definition of the word theory, a fact or set of facts that explain a idea, concept or phenomena.

every time someone tells them that a theory, is just a guess, they claim it is a fact that is supported by other facts. you see it time and time again here on ATS.

you never hear a scientists use one of these to explain what a thoery is.

Definition of theory (n) the·o·ry [ thée əree ]
2. speculation: abstract thought or contemplation
3.idea formed by speculation: an idea of or belief about something arrived at through speculation or conjecture

that's one one the things wrong with scientists, always changing the meaning of stuff to fit what they want it to say.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

this does not matter at all
Largest consumer market
Highest GDP (nominal)
Highest GDP (PPP)
Highest service sector output
Largest nuclear power producer
Largest official gold reserves
Largest stock of foreign direct investment abroad
Largest stock of received foreign direct investment
Largest importer
Largest Exclusive Economic Zone
Largest airforce
Most science papers output
Most cited country

And all but the science papers output is based on a sham of a economy with its foundation in $17 trillion.

Your falling education system and rise of poverty is a symptom of this.

Surveys like the one in your OP will grow more and more frequent. In fact there are a number out there, I wont post them as I don't want to Attack the Americans as people but merely point out the root cause of this growing trend of ignorance. Its poverty. When money drys up education is normally one of the first things to go.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Again my fellow country men don't care about this as i said several times I'm not American nor do i live in us at the moment, that comment was not for you right? I guess it makes no difference.

Do I defend US or do say US is #1 and them forced to defend my believe due to nay sayers? the same again i presume.

Did you know more British people said the world does not revolve around the sun than Americans? Not relevant either i presume.

Also not related but, could anyone ask for a million to a bank? i mean you could but the bank would not give it to you, there is a reason to it and there is a reason to why America get loans and Somalia don't, but who cares about facts anyways.

You are right America has the most debt and incarcerations rate too
, does that make it less influential i wonder

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
"And scientists know they've got the shakiest leg in the triangle."

Already false. I need not read further I guess.

Of course they don't like the big bang. It directly refutes the creation story. And politicians play sides, so they don't want to piss off creationists, cause they're very emotional.

BTW it's called the Big Bang Theory cause it's just that - a theory. But hater's are gonna hate anyways.

The only problem with that is it is not treated as a scientific theory in schools, it is taught as fact. Children are taught that scientists say, therefore it is. Kind of like scientists are gods, creating the universe out of words.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Again my fellow country men don't care about this as i said several times I'm not American nor do i live in us at the moment, that comment was not for you right? I guess it makes no difference.

Fair enough/

Do I defend US or do say US is #1 and them forced to defend my believe due to nay sayers? the same again i presume.

Sorry I didn't quite understand that.

Did you know more British people said the world does not revolve around the sun than Americans? Not relevant either i presume.

As I have said twice on the thread Im not holding the UK us a better example. In fact it is relevant. Why? The UK has the same sham economy and playing the same dirty game as the USA. And as a result public services are stretched and education is suffering. It seem there is a pattern, good find.

Also not related but, could anyone ask for a million to a bank? i mean you could but the bank would not give it to you,

I could as I have a good credit rating and reasonable income. And I could invest it and likley get more money out of it or I could blow it all and ruin myself as America seems to have done with it debt.

What the US has basically done is borrow that million, blow it on futile things then borrow another 10 million to keep up the run away lifestyle and pay the former loan off.

there is a reason to it and there is a reason to why America get loans and Somalia don't, but who cares about facts anyways.

Just because the USA HAD a good credit rating doesn't mean it will always be responsible in spending. and 17 Trillion debt shows it hasnt. In the next decade or so then USA will end up with the same credit rating as Somalia!

You are right America has the most debt and incarcerations rate too
, does that make it less influential i wonder

Temporarily no. But when the debt catches up and debt always does, it will be a different story. success built on unsustainable debt is no success at all.
edit on 22-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie You hit the nail there . What I have noticed about the claims in climate science is that the pro-AGW crowd will often move the goal posts when the data is shown not to support their previous statements .Same thing with the big bang and evolution .It gets to the point that for some of these so called experts will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it's a religion in it's self . Or a counter to the truth ,take your pick .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: JohnTheSmith

BTW it's called the Big Bang Theory cause it's just that - a theory.

but wait, i thought that scientists claim that the word theory in science has a different definition than the laymen definition.

real simple scientific definition of the word theory, a fact or set of facts that explain a idea, concept or phenomena.

every time someone tells them that a theory, is just a guess, they claim it is a fact that is supported by other facts. you see it time and time again here on ATS.

you never hear a scientists use one of these to explain what a thoery is.

Definition of theory (n) the·o·ry [ thée əree ]
2. speculation: abstract thought or contemplation
3.idea formed by speculation: an idea of or belief about something arrived at through speculation or conjecture

that's one one the things wrong with scientists, always changing the meaning of stuff to fit what they want it to say.

That is why scientists are like gods, they have replaced it all with their system of belief and then say it's not belief and then say it's a fact and then when the fact is proven wrong they say "science is evolving" but all the whole while children are asked to believe their facts...that they call scientific theories.

Children are asked to believe in scientists, not science. Somehow, some scientists have made themselves so immutable to questioning that they have become the spiritual authority. Children are asked to blindly accept facts and if the facts change, don't question the changing, just uphold the scientific community at all costs. When the scientific community must be defended by children, then it is a war over the minds of children. That's an assault but no one is allowed to mention that.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't like the name "Big Bang" theory - it makes it sound like an explosion. I think it should be called "Rapid Expansion" theory because that it more like what is thought to have occurred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join