It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vision for the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Sometimes I feel that if we all want it we cud have a different future on earth.

Why can't we have green Eco cities with designs that give back to the plants and animals? Like walls of greenery and places for birds to nest in the skyscrapers? The Eco buildings would have green or solar energy, sewerage recycling for plants, rainwater catchment and veggie gardens and fruit trees on the roof or certain levels.

The green cities would have massive wildlife areas running thru them following the course of rivers to link up w wilderness parks outside the cities. These wud be semi fenced to stop big predators getting in the cities but allow birds and small animals to come and go.

We would have flying noiseless cars , green energy, complete recycling, and green energy and industry. The environment and ecosystem maintenance and balance would factor high in any industry or thing produced.

Our houses could be like little hobbit house mountains into the side of hills, w all having veggie gardens, rainwater catchment, sewerage recycling, and plants to give back to the birds and small animals...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rapunzel222

Yeah that would be nice.
I liked how you added in hobbit houses.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You have a vision of your own version of utopia unfortunately for many others utopia represents something entirely different.

And there are all those undesirable human traits that stand in the way of a peaceful existence.

Having said that...It is a nice dream and one I would happily share.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think one of my points is that we shud try to keep the balance when we build and design things, so as to give back to plants, animals etc, and not just think of ourselves and our pets. This will make us happier too, as we will feel more connected to the earth and nature even in our cities or suburbs.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

. Yeah. I think it wud make a lot of ppl a lot happier than they are now....

And really, Eco cities and houses etc isn't so impossible. We could do It if we wanted to.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rapunzel222
I think one of my points is that we shud try to keep the balance when we build and design things, so as to give back to plants, animals etc, and not just think of ourselves and our pets. This will make us happier too, as we will feel more connected to the earth and nature even in our cities or suburbs.

It's already happening, slowly but surely.
If we each contribute it will make a big difference in the end.

Sharing with, helping, and caring about each other are the key.

I am glad people want a better world.
We will make it together!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

sure as soon as 98% of population dies from war, the remaining 500 000 rich will rule the earth and will live like you envision.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I think if we all decide to make a change then then many things are possible, including a lot less loss of life.... and earth can support more than half a million, v comfortably...having said that i think we shud try to plan our population globally so as to ensure there is enough space on our planet for animals and plants as well....again, its about balance in my view and the ecosystem....a reply to: wissy

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wissy

sure as soon as 98% of population dies from war, the remaining 500 000 rich will rule the earth and will live like you envision.

This is a good response as to why we haven't achieved this "planetary evolution/graduation" thingy. Most of us humans are still busy blaming others, repeating myths, rumors and hearsay, labeling others, and competing instead of cooperating . Actually, I'm doing it right now!

Apparently anyone who dreams of peace, cooperation, useful technology, respecting earth and its inhabitants is lumped into the NWO crowd?

Please realize that the elite are bringing a NWO, the Antichrist too...but also Christ is bringing a NWO (iron scepter included), but so are the aliens! And the atheists! And all religions! Get it? HUMANS are about control, not freedom and so are the spiritual hierarchies. As above so below.

This is actually inevitable and much more desirable than what we have now so, whether it's Jesus or the Aliens who bring this kind of society we will have to adapt to it...or destroy the planet for good...if we haven't already.

edit on 22-4-2014 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Utopia cannot be monetized for the Plutocratic Oligarchy that ruled our world and sad little lives, all they need to do is give us the idiotic illusion that 'democracy' and 'choice' in buying various baubles is actually living, despite the fact that we are in reality ALL indentured servants whittling away our days for pennies to buy scraps from their table.

The only way to 'fix' this sort of thing is to have an Anarcho Primitivist revolution of some sort, which of course is wholly impossible because the world is a rigged system that is continually fine tuning itself to keep the cattle like masses stupid, hungry, dumb, and dissatisfied, because that is what makes them the most money!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The green cities would have massive wildlife areas running thru them following the course of rivers to link up w wilderness parks outside the cities. These would be semi fenced to stop big predators getting in the cities but allow birds and small animals to come and go.

Yeah, you know what would happen if we did that? All the small animals would take refuge inside the city, where there would be no predators to check their growth, allowing their population to swell grossly. Meanwhile, outside the city, all the predators are starving, thanks to their food sources being gone.
Not the best idea, imo.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As beautiful as that cityscape sounds the government and big corporations make too much money off the crap we have now to change it for the better of the environment. It's basically the same reason cigarrettes and alcohol aren't illegal even though they are hazardous for our health because the government makes to much money off the taxes on them. If the government won't take things off the market for human health then I doubt they care about the squirrels and the birds. Which sucks because I am a total nature/animal enthusiast and would totally live in the city but I would allow the predators inside and just have people defend themselves with stun sticks if an animal gets too close and eventually the predators would realize humans aren't food (although a few of them should be). Sorry I'm rambling...It does sound beautiful though OP should write a book!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

The green cities would have massive wildlife areas running thru them following the course of rivers to link up w wilderness parks outside the cities. These would be semi fenced to stop big predators getting in the cities but allow birds and small animals to come and go.

Yeah, you know what would happen if we did that? All the small animals would take refuge inside the city, where there would be no predators to check their growth, allowing their population to swell grossly. Meanwhile, outside the city, all the predators are starving, thanks to their food sources being gone.
Not the best idea, imo.

Oh well, it could be semi cylindrically shaped and just have holes in the top for the birds...whatever works best....I leave details like that to animal behaviour experts etc.
edit on 22-4-2014 by rapunzel222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks!

i write lots of books but never finish them....

maybe i will soon

a reply to: WolfSong13

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WolfSong13

but I would allow the predators inside and just have people defend themselves with stun sticks if an animal gets too close and eventually the predators would realize humans aren't food (although a few of them should be)

Yeah, that sounds about right, lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, the rest of it is great, though I don't think we as a species are anywhere near mature enough to be able to pull it off. Maybe one day in the future, but not anytime soon, sadly.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I do that all time too! It sounds like you have a great setting for something good. Who cares if it's never "finished" sometimes its good just to let words pour out on to the page.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I had sort of an opposite vision of the future.

There are no plants or animals except humans. Everything is technological. The air we would breathe would be technologically generated along with the sustenance we eat.

new topics

top topics

join