It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Interests Behind Ukraine Putsch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Behind the U.S.-backed coup that ousted the democratically elected president of Ukraine are the economic interests of giant corporations – from Cargill to Chevron – which see the country as a potential “gold mine” of profits from agricultural and energy exploitation, reports JP Sottile.

By JP Sottile

consortiumnews.com...

I've read a few threads on ATS that talk about the western backed coup in the Ukraine, and this article I came across after watching the author on the Keiser report explained what US interests are at work in the Ukraine. It was a bit of an eye opener for me and I'm hoping it will fill in a few of the blanks for other members on ATS.

Please have a read through the article or if like me you find it a bit of a struggle here is the link for ep, 590 of the keiser report where J.P. Sottile talks about his findings and most of what is written in his article. His spot starts at 15.45
rt.com...

I'm no investigative reporter but I know there are a lot of people on this site that like to dig and have a much better understanding of how big business works than I ever will, so could this threat of war between the west and Russia be a case of the USA "protecting its foreign interests" ?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You do not have to be an inverstigative reporter to understand what is going on in Ukraine. It is the same script that was applied in all of the color revolutions that have been instigated since the fall of the USSR. It is the same ploy that TPTB have used in too many countries to name, it is a sad reality that is spun for the masses who will believe it, those who are on the take are freedom fighters those who are not and are the victims of the expoitation are "extremists." Fortunately in this case the nazi's in kiev have been exposed all across the board and this is plain for all to see, if you take off your pro usa/eu/nato glasses and simply look.
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430amTuesday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove
Yup I know you don't have to be an investigative reporter to understand whats going on, I don't wear blinkers.
I meant you would have to be one to find out how much of what was said is the gospel truth.

I probably could of worded the whole thing better but it was 8.30 in the morning and I've not slept for about 36 hours

As for pro US pro Eu rose tinted glasses hmmm, the ones i see my countries government through are distinctly diarrhea coloured.

edit on 22/4/2014 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JustXeno Thanks OP S&F I am glad you made this thread .Noy sure if you picked up on the links I left earlier or it was someone else .In either case thanks . Now when we look at the move Putin did with the Crimea ,we can see he gave the Corporations in the west a judo chop right in the nose . I imagine that is why we seen some of the dumber moves they have been making ever sense .Even playing the Jew card .So disgusting and pathetic .And for John Bonesman Kerry to stand up and repeat such false crap only makes him look as bad as the Nazi's he and his gang are supporting ....peace

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17827979]JustXeno[/pos

I hope you did not believe me that I was being critical of you, I was simply agreeing with you, using your words! It has been the history of this governement meaning America to go all over the world and influence the government to appease our corporations!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430amTuesday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430amTuesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JustXeno

I'm no investigative reporter

That much is obvious, as you seemingly couldn't be bothered to read other articles in the blog. The "independent journalism" practiced on that site is suspiciously one sided. Every single piece is extremely critical of the United States, but not one of them criticizes, say, Russia's use of force in Crimea. It is a propaganda outlet.

The article you quote gives many examples of presumably evil American and International corporate spokesmen saying that they are committed to Ukraine's economic development and well being. This is then distorted to provide "evidence" that they have backed a bloody fascist coup. I honestly thought this sort of rubbish went out with poison needle hidden in umbrellas, but I guess everything old is new again.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Somebody wrote about this a while back. I was looking for the thread but I can't find it. I think it was Andy1972. I wonder if anybody remembers that thread?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Ah ok , that much is obvious hey

Here's an idea for you, rather than you being so derogatory, maybe you can point out which parts of the article aren't true for me.

No I didn't read the other articles on the site as it was that particular author and that particular subject that I went to read.
Do you read every article on every website you visit ?

Education not derision my friend.

h

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio
Ty brazen I did a search on here but didn't find anything before I posted.
If its already been covered then mods please lock it up

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I apologise elemental, I did take it as if you thought I was naive. Obviously i was wrong. Lack of sleep and an expectation of being attacked for anything that remotely resembles anti us sentiment on here.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to that thread. You might be good to go, I guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Here's an idea for you, rather than you being so derogatory, maybe you can point out which parts of the article aren't true for me. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

To begin with, he blithely states that it is a US backed fascist coup without providing any evidence whatsoever. He simply keeps repeating it in the hopes that repetition will make you believe it is true. No documents, no smoking gun, just a repeated lie. He also lists companies that have investments in Ukraine, as though investing in a country is automatically something bad. Usually, people invest in things they expect to succeed, or else they stand to lose money.

Edit to add: Please choose your opinions based on evidence and reason. Consider yourself educated.

edit on 22-4-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I always base my beliefs on evidence, its just its gotten a bit harder to do over the last 15 years as everything that remotely implicates the people up top is always classified top secret.

So that has the evidence bit covered, as for the reason part, petro dollar and America not wanting to lose its knack of getting everything for free at the worlds expense.

edit, I do realise you meant deductive process by your use of the word reason, but as you are being quite aggressive I thought I'd take the p a bit like you are trying to.

edit on 22/4/2014 by JustXeno because: last line

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustXeno

I always base my beliefs on evidence, its just its gotten a bit harder to do over the last 15 years as everything that remotely implicates the people up top is always classified top secret.

So that has the evidence bit covered, as for the reason part, petro dollar and America not wanting to lose its knack of getting everything for free at the worlds expense.

edit, I do realise you meant deductive process by your use of the word reason, but as you are being quite aggressive I thought I'd take the p a bit like you are trying to.

You are the one claiming that the revolution in Kiyev is a "US backed coup." That is extremely aggressive language. Please explain why you feel justified in making such an accusation, when all of the evidence indicates that the violence was and continues to be perpetrated by Russian agents? Think about it: the chief beneficiary of the violence has not been the United States, nor Europe, but Russia, which has used the chaos as a pretext to seize actual real estate in Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Nice one OP, i'll have a watch.

It's as obvious as day what is going on, but i'd like to see how others see it.

And no, i'm not going to explain the patently obvious, just in case anyone metaphorically jumps up and down, stamps their feet and demands it like a spoilt, disruptive and particularly unpleasant child.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

It's as obvious as day what is going on, but i'd like to see how others see it. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is obvious is that Russia has used a military presence and civilian violence to seize a part of Ukraine and incorporate it into Russia, and seems intent on continuing to do so. No-one has yet to prove any allegations about US or European involvement.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You know what 'discernment' means don't you?

Contrary to popular belief, absolute proof of most things in this life is and always has been lacking, more so when facts are deliberately concealed and twisted to suit agendas. Even life itself ultimately is without proof, despite what we may think about ourselves and our everyday existence...although through the use of ordinary commonplace discernment, we don't need to prove, for example, what the sun is in order to realise the obvious fact that it's hot. I just have to point my face towards it, i don't have to prove what it is, why it is, how it is and yet i still discern the warmth on my face.

The US Government and the EU are as guilty as sin and more than up to their corrupt necks in conspiracy regarding Ukraine...their actions speak for themselves...discernment.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The US Government and the EU are as guilty as sin and more than up to their corrupt necks in conspiracy regarding Ukraine...their actions speak for themselves...discernment. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What does your "discernment" tell you about Russian activities in the area?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

THE ROVING EYE
Ukraine and the grand chessboard
By Pepe Escobar

... Welcome to the Two Stooges doctrine of post-modern warfare.

Pay up or freeze to death
Ukraine is for all practical purposes broke. The Kremlin's consistent position for the past three months has been to encourage the European Union to find a solution to Ukraine's dire economic mess. Brussels did nothing. It was betting on regime change to the benefit of Germany's heavyweight puppet Vladimir Klitschko, aka Klitsch The Boxer.

Regime change did happen, but orchestrated by the Khaganate of Nulands - a neo-con cell of the State Department and its assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nulands. And now the presidential option is between - what else - two US puppets, choco-billionaire Petro Poroshenko and "Saint Yulia" Timoshenko, Ukraine's former prime minister, ex-convict and prospective president. The EU is left to pick up the (unpayable) bill. Enter the International Monetary Fund - via a nasty, upcoming "structural adjustment" that will send Ukrainians to a hellhole even grimmer than the one they are already familiar with.

The crucial spanner in the works

Last month, while the tortuous Ukraine sideshow was in progress, President Xi was in Europe clinching deals and promoting yet another branch of the New Silk Road all the way to Germany.

In a sane, non-Hobbesian environment, a neutral Ukraine would only have to gain by positioning itself as a privileged crossroads between the EU and the proposed Eurasian Union - as well as becoming a key node of the Chinese New Silk Road offensive. Instead, the Kiev regime changers are betting on acceptance into the EU (it simply won't happen) and becoming a NATO forward base (the key Pentagon aim).

As for the possibility of a common market from Lisbon to Vladivostok - which both Moscow and Beijing are aiming at, and would be also a boon for the EU - the Ukraine disaster is a real spanner in the works.

And a spanner in the works that, crucially, suits only one player: the US government.

Although Escobar does not openly accuse American corporate interests of being behind the Ukrainian conflagration, it seems clear to me that America is fomenting war in Europe. I agree with Escobar this was done to break the virtual monopoly contracts Gazprom had with the pipelines and that new contracts for Texaco, Exxon, Shell et al would have been a major blow to Russian state owned energy company.

AKA Nuland, I think it is time 'Europe' woke up and realised that American is not 'our' friend and instead accepted the filthy blood stained US dollar is dead and formed greater economic ties with emerging or alternative markets.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's all a big win-win for both sides because the plan here is to push oil/gas prices up and ramming them down the throats of motorist filingl up the car by saying it's not our fault.

On top of that the increase in Military spending will go up and all the costs will be past on to the poor old tax payers who does not even have a voice.

This thread won't last long unless you turn it towards a "My dick is bigger than yours contest" and the first inclination you might get that I am wrong is if Russia seizes the oil fields and equipment from Exon, Shell, Bp who are pumping oil in Russia as we speak.

originally posted by: DJW001
That much is obvious, as you seemingly couldn't be bothered to read other articles in the blog. The "independent journalism" practiced on that site is suspiciously one sided. Every single piece is extremely critical of the United States, but not one of them criticizes, say, Russia's use of force in Crimea. It is a propaganda outlet.

Both sides are using propaganda but I seem to get more facts and less propaganda when hearing the side of Russia and they at least take a camera along instead of just giving us hear-say, I think, maybe's like we get from the local TV stations and less not forget everyone in the Ukraine hated Russians last month according to the news stations so what A shock that we now see all these anti-USA/EU and pro-Russia protests and not a word being said as tanks are being sent in to clear them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join