It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery: Evidence Lost Civilization in Antarctica, Google Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You can verify for yourself my findings on google earth. -77.831105, 164.521355 You will find an object that appears to be a massive statue head.
Also what also caught my attention was the objects nearby with artificial looking edges. 77°48'48.33"S, 164°30'5.47"E
Also this area looked like a possible structure 77°49'43.42"S, 164°31'0.78"E
and a closer picture looks as though some type of inscription, a lion like statue face, and some figures.
Their appears to be artificial edges like a structure and has an ancient Egyptian type feel.

At 77°48'55.38"S, 164°30'23.79" appears artificial edges
It is a bizarre and fascinating place to explore with google earth. Take a look for yourself their is many more things in this area. Let me know what you think and post the images and coordinates if you find anything else nearby. -GareyGaia
edit on 22-4-2014 by GareyGaia because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GareyGaia

Seriously?

You must see bunnies in the clouds too which means real rabbits live up there!

All you are seeing is pattern s in rocks. Do a Google search where you live find something (there will be heaps) and go and visit it and take some pills because you might get depressed at what you see.... ie rocks!.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Maximus2014

Little early in the game to call the BS card....look at the high resolution imagry on a good monitor, I say worth a good exploration.....but I like bunnies too...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There's something there. Not sure what other than it's tall.

An interesting find, but can't really comment until I see larger pictures.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

It's a rock.

Sorry couldn't resist.

It does look just like natural formation to me though.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You know that it's at the foot of a glacier, right?
You know it's ice, right?

Just checking.

edit on 4/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm an Antarctica nut, and love the continent in all it's frigid beauty and glory, but...just no. It's at the foot of a glacier, as Phage said above. It's not a lost civilization, it's pulverized stone.

When I get excited and excrete gold bricks, it'll be over something genuine, not ambiguous at best.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GareyGaia
You can verify for yourself my findings on google earth. -77.831105, 164.521355 You will find an object that appears to be a massive statue head.
Also what also caught my attention was the objects nearby with artificial looking edges. 77°48'48.33"S, 164°30'5.47"E
Also this area looked like a possible structure 77°49'43.42"S, 164°31'0.78"E
and a closer picture looks as though some type of inscription, a lion like statue face, and some figures.
Their appears to be artificial edges like a structure and has an ancient Egyptian type feel.

At 77°48'55.38"S, 164°30'23.79" appears artificial edges
It is a bizarre and fascinating place to explore with google earth. Take a look for yourself their is many more things in this area. Let me know what you think and post the images and coordinates if you find anything else nearby. -GareyGaia

Looks a bit like the face on Mars

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You will find an object that appears to be a massive statue head...

This is what a REAL statue head in Antarctica would look like BTW...

THE LENIN STATUE IN ANTARCTICA
slightlywarped.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Someone should do something about that.
Pic

edit on 4/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

You will find an object that appears to be a massive statue head...

This is what a REAL statue head in Antarctica would look like BTW...

THE LENIN STATUE IN ANTARCTICA
slightlywarped.com...

Apparently, it also is a rock.
(just joking, it's actually made of plastic).
edit on 22/4/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'd love it if one day an ancient civilization's remains are discovered in Antarctica, but what you saw on Google are simply glaciers. Some glaciers are incredibly beautiful and they look man made.

Round edges:

Straight edges:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
up here in glaciated canada you can easily see the only thing that survives being covered in glaciers
precambrian granite...
scraped clean

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I love to think that there are remains of a previously undiscovered civilization on Antarctica. I think humans have been on this rock for a long time - history is cyclical - and have risen to the pinnacle of civilization numerous times and then either wiped ourselves (almost) out completely, or via natural cataclysms...

The problem with the OP's theory/discovery, is that the actual LAND is buried under a couple of miles of ice, or so.

And I would think that, even if all the ice melted, the glaciers have ground away all evidence of a previous civilization on the continent.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why do people on here always go for the most complex least naturalistic explanation for a strange looking geographic feature? jesus....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If I had the cash, I would certainly be off on an expedition to the continent to check it out for myself. Not the area listed in the OP, but various other areas of the continent... Anything that might look "interesting", and especially to dig into the snow and dig down a couple of miles to the "ground" below and see what was there. Although, I suppose that it would probably be blocked by some pencil pusher somewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah, that's the spot where they went into the pyramid and all those acid spitting aliens came out and then these other really ugly guys tried to kill them and everybody died except one chick who has been in therapy ever since... I'd leave it alone.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
Yeah, that's the spot where they went into the pyramid and all those acid spitting aliens came out and then these other really ugly guys tried to kill them and everybody died except one chick who has been in therapy ever since... I'd leave it alone.

I don't care where your from, that there is funny!

On topic, Those are some cool pics, but as said a few posts up, it may just be ice.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
1st two images- the head of the statue.
2nd image, statue of King sitting upon throne in profile, sans head. You'll notice the statue fell on its side, revealing a profile View of the headless monarch perched on seat.

There would be a second statue so they could face eachother, that way I can walk through the middle of them and feel like Atreyu from Neverending Story.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A closer image of the statue head.
Notice the features that differ from a natural formation such as the pupil within the eye, the cheek bone, lips, and chin.
Also
Notice up close it is reminiscent of a building wall and a closer look reveals the finer detail look at the pattern on the edge not random looking at all. Those indentations on the edge look repetitive at measured intervals.
Looking at the bigger picture it appears as though the two structures were connected at one time and possibly may have held the statues head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join