It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANY People Vanishing Into Thin Air! WHAT'S HAPPENING???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There's a lot huff and bluster about how many people disappear. It happens, no doubts there, but the how many part of the equation is really hard to find out. For example, a lot of people are reported missing and come back; many of them are reported missing every week so the statistics aren't clear.

David Paulides told such an interesting story when he came on the scene that I was fascinated. His later stuff is scraping the barrel with tales of alien bigfoot and caves with ancient technology that seem to be bubbles in time. He recounted these examples on Coast 2 Coast in 2011/12. This meant that my personal opinion of him as a critical thinker went downhill and casts doubts on how he set about compiling and assessing the original cases. It also suggests that his standards of acceptable evidence are flexible according to what he's trying to achieve.

Besides all that there are individual cases that are really curious. People with decent, happy lives disappear in urban areas and their bank accounts are never touched. Remains are never found and speculation is invited. No critters in towns and cities and very few critters at all in Europe. The most probably cause is other people rather than the implication that they 'vanish into thin air.'

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
I have a daughter. A three year old's grasp of reality in not strong. But aside from that, there are plenty of tall tales printed. Even in the 19th century. That's sort of where the National Enquirer got started.

The art of spinning a good yarn, with or without much reference to the facts, continued in America with the penny press and yellow Journalism of 19th century and "jazz journalism," starting in the 1920s.

aquila.usm.edu...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

No doubt.

Get past the silly introduction of the OP's vid, and you'll watch it all.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Probably an alien predator, like in the movie predator....

Or skinwalkers.

Or vampires. (Perhaps twilight wasn't so far from the truth?)

And or with without Ufos. And or aliens. Or all of the above.
edit on 22-4-2014 by rapunzel222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In Alaska they are frequently eaten.

By vampires?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Phage

I don't think David believes he's remotely close to UNDERSTANDING what is going on.

David P

"There's several times where people disappear in an area that has a strange name. . . . places have names for a reason . . . many times . . . "Devil's Valley" "Devil's Mountain" "Devil's Nest" are areas with multiple disappearances.

Demons and devils can be used interchangeably with. Our ideas of vampires. In folk culture they re depicted physically the same way quite often.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You seem to . . . side-step the fact that young children tend to be incredibly candid and forthright in their descriptions about reality, other people, what happened to them etc. They just blurt it out raw and real.

Sometimes, Phage, I wonder . . . are you REALLY as . . . confined, limited, restricted, tunnel-visioned . . . by your super rationalism as you so often sound/appear to be?

It seems to me that given your "normalcy biases" so literally CEMENTED to such a perspective . . . that you AUTOMATICALLY MISS tons of nuances and even some fairly brazen facts.

Then, the curious shrink part of me wonders WHERE ON EARTH does that fierce super rationalism come from? What's the origin, foundation, motivation of it?

The cases David P articulates, researches so extensively are truly layers of evidence STARKLY different from average disappearances. Yet, you seem to have a super tenacious, dogged, almost a ruthless, desperate NEED to shoe-horn them into conventionality. What's WITH that?

I greatly respect your fine mind and love the way you so dependably bring wild-haired things back to some semblance of a more grounded reality base--or valiantly try to. Yet, sometimes, that effort seems rather vainly strained and over wrought.

I've just observed in my 60+ years that life and reality are NOT packaged in near the tidy little boxes I once doggedly kept trying to shove them into. Life and reality are messy beyond a lot of tuned-out folks' wildest imaginations. There's lots of loose ends and inexplicable details that just do not fit tidy explanations.

imho, it's WISDOM to realize that.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rapunzel222

Whatever is responsible for such disappearances . . .

it's NOT charitable, nice, righteous, benevolent. NOT AT ALL.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

no rapture here

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

I don't get your meaning.

I know you do not share my perspective and have a very elaborate collection of stuff to explain away my perspective, in your view.

In terms of THE GREAT CATCHING AWAY/RAPTURE . . . it will come in due time in whatever way God has decreed for it to. And, no doubt, the globalist oligarchy will have it's own evil spin on the event.

However, I don't have any idea how that relates to the OP.

The disappearances have nothing to do with the Biblical Rapture.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I agree. There's something here that we don't understand. It's not simply explained away by normal theory. When you have a multitude of cases resembling each others circumstances over a vast area than logic says there's something happening related to other cases. Over hundreds of years he's logging these, not just recently. What are the chances over hundreds of years the same odd circumstances pop up during these vanishing without a trace cases and yet nothing has come to light or slowed the trend? These ppl go missing from centralized areas under supervision in some cases and are never found. I'd like to know why ppl on this thread dismiss it as common or explain it away in ways that have been proven to be wrong? Bears don't neatly stack your clothes after they eat you, especially if you are an expert in the field and armed. Bears or any other predator don't go unseen feet away from a group and abduct a capable adult that can kick and scream and silently take them away with no trace. Neither do humans. There's no chance in hell there's that many super strong, fast, silent, stealth crazy killers hiding in the middle of nowhere that can take a full grown human without even a struggle, evade thermal imaging, search parties, trackers, dogs and more and on top of that keep it going for hundreds of years without being caught. Please anyone explain to me how that is possible and I will give you the proof that what you're suggesting is false.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I GREATLY agree with your excellent points. However, more will read them with some micro-rest spaces between short paragraphs. Most folks just scroll past the GREAT WALL OF TEXT type posts. Particularly those of us with aging eyes.

originally posted by: NiZZiM

I agree. There's something here that we don't understand. It's not simply explained away by normal theory. When you have a multitude of cases resembling each others circumstances over a vast area than logic says there's something happening related to other cases.

Over hundreds of years he's logging these, not just recently. What are the chances over hundreds of years the same odd circumstances pop up during these vanishing without a trace cases and yet nothing has come to light or slowed the trend?

These ppl go missing from centralized areas under supervision in some cases and are never found.

I'd like to know why ppl on this thread dismiss it as common or explain it away in ways that have been proven to be wrong?

Bears don't neatly stack your clothes after they eat you, especially if you are an expert in the field and armed. Bears or any other predator don't go unseen feet away from a group and abduct a capable adult that can kick and scream and silently take them away with no trace. Neither do humans.

There's no chance in hell there's that many super strong, fast, silent, stealth crazy killers hiding in the middle of nowhere that can take a full grown human without even a struggle, evade thermal imaging, search parties, trackers, dogs and more and on top of that keep it going for hundreds of years without being caught.

Please anyone explain to me how that is possible and I will give you the proof that what you're suggesting is false.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
David Paulides was our guest on ATS Live 110.

You can hear what he had to say by using the Rewind Player here;
www.illustrial.net...

The interview starts in Hour 2

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

a reply to: rapunzel222

Whatever is responsible for such disappearances . . .

it's NOT charitable, nice, righteous, benevolent. NOT AT ALL.

I know where they are going. SLENDERMAN IS DEVOURING THEM AFTRE HE TAKES THEM INTO HIS DIMENSION!
Or people are walking into diminsional holes by accident,or ceasing to exist just because their atomic structure fails suddenly.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
People have gotten lost (and often found) forever. The more people go wandering around in the woods, the more will be lost (and often found).

In Alaska they are frequently eaten. Those ones don't often end up being found, except as bear scat.

Not to many people get eaten each year by bears up here. It's actually a a fairly rare occurrence. Usually if a bear knows you are coming from a distance, they'll avoid you. If you surprise a bear, get in between a mother and her cubs, or have really bad luck with that one really hungry bear ... then maybe you'll run into trouble.

One is more likely to be eaten by small scavengers after they die of exposure.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Bears don't neatly stack your clothes after they eat you, especially if you are an expert in the field and armed.
Thats true (so is it bigfoot taking off peoples' clothes?).People experiencing hypothermia do.

What our team found was a full set of clothing--jacket, pants, shoes, underwear--along with the victim's identification and credit card right beside the neatly laid-out garments. So neat, in fact, they may as well have been put there only days before, had it not been for their weathered appearance.

sarstoriesnews.blogspot.com...

edit on 4/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i was sort of agreeing with you

edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago05 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
By the way, the video is about the work of David Paulides.

Oh wow..what a BIIIIG (sarcasm) surprise that it's a movie about his books. His name popped in my head before I clicked even at the movie.

Tell me, why are those disappearances not widely featured in the news/media..and why are they merely talked about on fringe media like the Art Bell show or on youtube?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

a reply to: wishes

Katie "Mr Wolf wouldn't let me."

Flynn: What do you mean Mr Wolf wouldn't let you? What happened to your hat?

Katie: The Wolf ate it.

Flynn: What do you mean the wolf ate it?

Katie: He took it off my head and ate it in front of me...

That story reminded me of a photo I came across a while ago, in another thread. I think it's been discussed before, as far as I know no one really knows what it is...
It's got a sort of wolfy look to it.

Beast of 7 chutes

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join